Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:17 AM
    Here's a rule of thumb, if you take the time to create a thread, please add some content in the first post. People generally will take a look at what we call a 'lazy' post and ignore it. If you have some thoughts, share them, it makes for a better experience.
    12-09-13 05:20 AM
    I hope so that the results would be better than the last quarter...
    And please put something in the post... extremely thankful for creating this post!!

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    12-09-13 07:17 AM
    Im.really hoping that but i seriously doubt well see anything thay will raise the stock or will change the view of wall street towards BlackBerry

Posted on my Z10 Via CB10
    12-09-13 07:21 AM
    This thread also strikes me as flame bait or trolling.

However taking it as an honest question, I'll say that this quarter results, like the previous quarters mean nothing. By judging any company on quarterly results you are treating it like a fashion industry that can have a good winter lineup after a fall flop. Most people don't change their phones more frequently than their contact period. BlackBerry is in trouble, everyone knows BlackBerry is in trouble. No matter who is in charge, or what they do, it is going to take a long time to change things. BB10 hasn't been our a year yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:28 AM
    I thought we were doing slightly better after I read the news about many companies shifting to bes10! And I also read many positive articles about people making others buy a bb10! And sorry for not adding more info

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    12-09-13 07:41 AM
    This thread also strikes me as flame bait or trolling.

However taking it as an honest question, I'll say that this quarter results, like the previous quarters mean nothing. By judging any company on quarterly results you are treating it like a fashion industry that can have a good winter lineup after a fall flop. Most people don't change their phones more frequently than their contact period. BlackBerry is in trouble, everyone knows BlackBerry is in trouble. No matter who is in charge, or what they do, it is going to take a long time to change things. BB10 hasn't been our a year yet.
    The problem is BlacBerry has been in trouble for about three years now. Back when they were still reporting subscribers - which directly related to users, there was a pretty dramatic drop for two consecutive quarters, which far exceed what the BB10 devices have been making up for in sales. If those subscriber losses have continued (and there is no reason to believe that they haven't based on sales), BlackBerry doesn't have a long time to make changes. Fact is BB10 was the change and it only made things worse.

Chen's only option is going to be a new direction. BBM with Channels if it is good enough (once finished), or to hope that the Company can make a niche in enterprise/government.
    JeepBB, techvisor and kevinnugent like this.
    12-09-13 11:32 AM
    What do you mean by good results?

No loss and only gains, or just better than what they did last quarter or something else entirely?
    12-09-13 11:38 AM
    Still floating would be good.
    12-09-13 11:44 AM
    I would have to bet that results will be negative or even worst than expected. I base this on the fact that we do not know all the facts and we are getting ready to find out.

Sorry guys but I think it will go even lower, a good bit lower.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-09-13 11:47 AM
    I'm expecting abismal results.

Right now, BBY is drifting without a rudder. I'm hoping that John Chen will be ready during the conference call to provide some concrete direction and an initial roadmap to salvaging the remaining corporate/government sector business. BES10 is clearly the key, given the corporate prosumer initial target market and the "total solution" opportunity. There needs to be a concerted effort ot stop Wall Street from having to guess (or make up) what BBY's new direction is and hopfully we'll something discussed on the December 20th call. If not, it'll be a very interesting call indeed.

I also think BBM is currently being tarted-up and readied for spinout and sale, as I can't see how it would fit with the new Coporate market direction. This might bring in (lots of ?) much needed cash to help finance the turn-around.

Looking at it from the downside, I can't see how things can get much worse as BBRY is clearly operating in the margins of the market. They simply don't register anymore and are largely overlooked as a market factor. The stock will continue to languish until there's some actual revenue production.

I wish I could say something more positive, it just is what it is.......
    12-09-13 12:02 PM
    Still floating would be good.
    Maybe not the best analogy KBZ... corpses float...
    12-09-13 12:55 PM
    I would have to bet that results will be negative or even worst than expected. I base this on the fact that we do not know all the facts and we are getting ready to find out.

Sorry guys but I think it will go even lower, a good bit lower.
    I agree. I think the results will be pretty bad.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-13 12:59 PM
    Not having a loss would be great to hear. Selling more bb10 than bbos would be another good sign. I think overall sales numbers are way down though so it will take a lot to overcome that
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-13 01:01 PM
    I think it won't be rainbows and puppies, but that should be obvious no? The company has said many times to expect losses. It may not be great this time, might be really bad, but in the end it is the delivery of this information that could calm shareholders enough to keep them on board. This will be up to Chen and how he delivers the report. It may be bad numbers wise but Chen could soften the blow if he does it right. This is his time to shine. I will have my bowl of popcorn out on the morning of the 20th that is for sure.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-09-13 01:12 PM
    No I don't think it'll better other than the fact that they shouldn't be taking another huge write down on inventory. From a device perspective, nothing has really changed.. no marketing and no real reduction in the app gap. I hope that Mr. Chen addresses this big time in the next quarter and then and only then the ship may start "righting" itself.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-09-13 01:16 PM
    I doubt it will be very good, but I don't really care that much either. I'm more interested in two to three quarters from now to see how Chen's new strategy emerges.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-09-13 01:25 PM
    Yeah, I tend to agree with several of the posters above.

The results will likely be dreadful. After the uncertainly caused by the "sale that wasn't", I expect handset sales to be terrible, both BB7 and BB10; revenue to be falling off a cliff; and cash to be shrinking fast. I'm sure another write down is coming, but I'd hope that they can manage to push that write-down to the next ER to spread the bad news. Successive quarters with write-downs would I think hole BB below the waterline.

ER figures aside, and there can't be anyone but the most brainwashed cultist who thinks they'll be good surely?, it'll be "Show Time" for Chen! And the call is where he can really show his mettle.

I'm sure he'll be able to say positive things about xBBM (though it doesn't contribute anything to the bottom line until monetised), and about BES10 uptake. I'd be very interested to see what if anything is said about BB10 handsets... the complete absence of any statement containing "BB10" is becoming farcical.

What I really hope is that he'll be open and honest about where BB now is, and be explicit about where he intends to take it so that BB can continue to make money. After the previous Exec's lies ambiguous and misleading statements, any hint of same ol', same ol' from the new CEO will be deadly to his credibility.

So, no pressure on Chen then, none at all... LOL
    12-09-13 01:42 PM
    I doubt it will be very good, but I don't really care that much either. I'm more interested in two to three quarters from now to see how Chen's new strategy emerges.
    I realise that I'm one of the Negative Nancies, but I really don't believe BB has 9 months to let the new strategy emerge.

IMO, if he doesn't clearly state the new direction for BB at this ER... and is able to show progress against those targets at the next two ER's, well... the drift downwards will continue.
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-09-13 01:49 PM
    I realise that I'm one of the Negative Nancies, but I really don't believe BB has 9 months to let the new strategy emerge.

IMO, if he doesn't clearly state the new direction for BB at this ER... and is able to show progress against those targets at the next two ER's, well... the drift downwards will continue.
    I agree they don't have the YEARS that many think it will take to turn thing around. While I'd like Chen to give us a strong statement on what BlackBerry's plans are moving forward and how the expect to achieve those goals. I'm not sure he will be ready or willing to do it at this ER.
    12-09-13 02:22 PM

Yes, emerge was the wrong word. He needs to state that strategy clearly when he delivers the ER.

What I meant to say we'll see how the new strategy is implemented over the next 2-3 quarters.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-09-13 02:51 PM
    As we all expect bad results, I hope there will be announcement on the future strategy

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:51 PM
    So do we expect $4 sp after ER?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:38 PM
    What I meant to say we'll see how the new strategy is implemented over the next 2-3 quarters.
    There is a real likeliness that Blackberry will not exist in its current form in 2 to 3 quarters. Those saying 'Wait to judge Chen' are already too confident with regards to Blackberry's future.

Chen may be a lame duck CEO. After BB10/Heins, there will be little if any resources to execute any strategy and Chen is simply a dummy figurehead. Blackberry has laid off the bulk of its workforce and there is no time or money for an elaborate new product like BB10. For Blackberry, the only future strategy may be to play with the hand it was dealt and its current product portfolio is an unlikely catalyst for a turnaround.

I'm not saying that Blackberry certainly won't be around in 2 to 3 quarters; but, the chance is high enough at this point and Chen's strategic options limited enough that I wouldn't bother saying 'Wait to judge Chen', either.
    JeepBB and milo53 like this.
    12-09-13 07:54 PM
    They shouldn't have Made so much z10 anyways! Hope they didn't make a lot of z30

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:59 PM
82 123 ...