I have been having a rough time finding a way to get a single share certificate like one would frame (and specifically for that purpose.) My own online broker charges $200 per certificate, and being that Computershare Canada is BlackBerry's transfer agent and are not brokers, it would then cost me $110 to have a share transferred to them and who knows what they might charge me as well.

I buy shares of BBRY to hold simply for fun; because I love the company and choose to offer my miniscule support this way, but surely there's got to be a better way to have an actual single share shareholder certificate, or does it simply have to be so incredibly expensive?

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-19-13 08:22 AM
    I have a Nortel share framed in my home office as a reminder of my bad investments. It was bought back when paper shares were distributed long before e-accounts. I have had paper shares issued by my financial institution but I'm not aware of the cost. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:30 AM
    There is a company oneshare.com. BlackBerry is not one of the stocks they work with, but you could call or email them and they might could help.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:35 PM
    This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but you can buy old, cancelled stock certificates as collectibles. Like this one from RIMM. (I don't have any affiliation with that seller). These certificates don't have any intrinsic value, though.
    12-21-13 12:25 PM
    Thanks for looking guys.
    It is a wildly expensive and ridiculous process to get an actual certificate in the modern day (of BBRY that is.)

Oneshare.com does not deal with them. Also, that one site does have an original and old style RIMM certificate for $50 which is very awesome to look at but it will show the certified holder is scriophily.com instead of myself which sort of defeats the frame it on the wall idea.

It's either spend about $200 for a single share and I'm not sure who actually issues the certificate (if it would be BlackBerry or my broker) or throw in the towel on this one. A passing idea I can't make happen Oh well. It was worth a try.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-21-13 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD