Say if Wasta bought BBRY at 4.7 billion. Currently BBRY worth 3 billion market value. So he would of lost 1.7 billion dollars, so he still thinks straight, not as dumb as his fellow friend Larzardis.
    I like to call Wasta Red Head Asan, but also remember he's the head of BBRY's board of director. By now he would know how did BBRY do for the last quarter, and 20 days for the current quarter, Christmas/new year sale forecasting. If BBRY is turning around, why isn't fairfax bought the additional 250 million dollars debt? Some people try to spin this as positive news saying that if BBRY's quarterly result is very bad, why would they extend the additional 250 million dollars debt for another month? RIM/BBRY did many stupid things including this extension to lead BBRY lost 98% of Market value.
    Why Wasta not taking this 6% debt. Why so many banks won't take 6% debt? Because it takes 16 years to get the original money back, BBRY won't survive for 1 year, not mention 16 years. Wasta already part of the one billion debt group. That money is gone gone, donation to BBRY, Wasta knows if he buys another 250 million, that's another donation.
    I remember Heins once said he's on sideline, biggest fan for BBRY, OK man, take 50 million debt if you are the biggest fan. Show me the money
    BBRY went below 5.50, if Wasta think BBRY is worth 7 dollars, which is over 20% premium, he would get BBRY at 7. So maximum upside is 92 cents from here, down side is 6.08 dollars
    Let's see BBRY, By new year below 5, by Chinese new year below 4
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    12-15-13 03:31 AM
    gd analysis!!
    12-15-13 09:07 AM
    Another nice steaming bowl of troll soup for our dining pleasure !!

Enjoy !
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-13 09:13 AM
    Say if Wasta bought BBRY at 4.7 billion. Currently BBRY worth 3 billion market value. So he would of lost 1.7 billion dollars, so he still thinks straight, not as dumb as his fellow friend Larzardis.
    I like to call Wasta Red Head Asan, but also remember he's the head of BBRY's board of director. By now he would know how did BBRY do for the last quarter, and 20 days for the current quarter, Christmas/new year sale forecasting. If BBRY is turning around, why isn't fairfax bought the additional 250 million dollars debt? Some people try to spin this as positive news saying that if BBRY's quarterly result is very bad, why would they extend the additional 250 million dollars debt for another month? RIM/BBRY did many stupid things including this extension to lead BBRY lost 98% of Market value.
    Why Wasta not taking this 6% debt. Why so many banks won't take 6% debt? Because it takes 16 years to get the original money back, BBRY won't survive for 1 year, not mention 16 years. Wasta already part of the one billion debt group. That money is gone gone, donation to BBRY, Wasta knows if he buys another 250 million, that's another donation.
    I remember Heins once said he's on sideline, biggest fan for BBRY, OK man, take 50 million debt if you are the biggest fan. Show me the money
    BBRY went below 5.50, if Wasta think BBRY is worth 7 dollars, which is over 20% premium, he would get BBRY at 7. So maximum upside is 92 cents from here, down side is 6.08 dollars
    Let's see BBRY, By new year below 5, by Chinese new year below 4
    Lol..... where do I begin. if the results are as bad as you seem to hope for then it would be pointless to extend the $250 million debt offer. Why extend something that no one would want?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:32 AM
    this is the end of blackberry
    12-15-13 09:43 AM
    Some solid points here OP, however there's still potential for BlackBerry to become profitable again, Watsa has access to much more information then we do.. BBM has the potential to become a huge business(check out my thread http://forums.crackberry.com/general...an-bbm-877815/), and BES continues to grow.. We haven't seen much of Chen's work in place in terms of the mobile hardware division, but who knows.. He could be better at it than Thor was, also it seems Chen understands BlackBerry customers, he knows that anyone who has BB10 device loves it.. he's just got to open everyone's eyes

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:00 AM
    Think the OP is right, it would have been positive news if the extra 250M was picked up before the earnings report. It can only be positive now if the extension was given so that the take up announcement can be made with the report on Friday. Given that bad results are expected, only some good data from BES10 sales or confidence in a strategic direction change will make the $250M extra debt attractive.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:06 AM
    you do get that the 1 billion was headed by fairfax but its a colaberation of buyers not just fairfax, at this point if more people want to come in fairfax or someone else would have to step up and buy, but why do this without seeing the finacials, as head of the board fairfax has the in and it would be considered inside information.

another thing market cap is not the actual accounting value of the company its just a value investers put on it based on demand of the stock. BBRY is honestly a hated stock, things are up in the clouds so investers are shying away from it as they do not know what will happen to it and if the price will drop.

fairfax didn't buy the company for $4.7 billion because ne now has controllign interest over the company and it only cost him $1 billion. a smart stratagy from a finacial standpoint. the man is not stupid so do you really think he would invest $1 billion into a company to have it go to waste when he had access to information when he put the offer in for $4.7 billion? sometimes the logic of the haters is mind blowing.

short term there will probably end up being more losses but this is a long term investment, not a short term
    12-19-13 11:03 PM
    Some solid points here OP, however there's still potential for BlackBerry to become profitable again, Watsa has access to much more information then we do.. BBM has the potential to become a huge business(check out my thread http://forums.crackberry.com/general...an-bbm-877815/), and BES continues to grow.
    BBM isn't going to generate any reasonable amount of money for BB - even with channels.

There aren't many who feel compelled to use BBM except for needing to keep touch with their contacts who are still using BBs. BB users will continue to decline and so will the usage of BBM overall. Apple and Android can easily implement something to rival BBM channels if there's a real demand for it.

Whatever chance BB could have with their concept of BBM is killing by the attachment of the Blackberry name to it.
    12-19-13 11:12 PM
    BBM isn't going to generate any reasonable amount of money for BB - even with channels.

There aren't many who feel compelled to use BBM except for needing to keep touch with their contacts who are still using BBs. BB users will continue to decline and so will the usage of BBM overall. Apple and Android can easily implement something to rival BBM channels if there's a real demand for it.

Whatever chance BB could have with their concept of BBM is killing by the attachment of the Blackberry name to it.
    but yet anyone who knows or ever owned a BB and has switched will tell you they miss BBM.

BBM is still in the infant stages of its cross platform life, it still has its hiccups but on a BB device where it was designed for operation is smooth and still has features, only time will really tell how it will do but from where i stand since the release of BBMx most have been using it and deleted all other IM clients from their phones.

my sister withing 2 days of gettign BBM on her Note2 had 100 contacts and they all are still using BBM my list grew from 20 to 60 contacts all still using it
    12-19-13 11:19 PM
    [100% speculation zone]
    I believe these $250 are a drop un the bucket for Watsda & co. They could have invested in on day 1.
    My take is that we might see another (big) player in the game.
    Won't be funny if I don't mention names, here you go with my favorite : SAP.
    Why ? Because of Oracle (and then, do your homework ! )
    My weirdest ? Jim B.
    [/100% speculation zone]

GL to all
    12-20-13 04:14 AM
    you know BBRY will get that $250 million in convertable debt now.

haters are gonna hate and deserve a puch to the skull for their stupidity and bull**** talk.
    12-20-13 09:42 AM