Blackberry isn't going out of business for a while. Believe it or not. Regardless of where they are in the stock-market right now. They will no disappear. And only then are the hater's on this website going to understand, that they're here to stay. And that's well they'll remember "if you can't beat them, then join them." That's exactly how it sounds. The consumers on here want to put them out of business, so they say all this negative stuff. You're not the whole world, so quit it. Neither am I, but they haven't went out for so long, they aren't going to now, and that is my opinion, which many people agree with.
    07-28-13 05:10 PM
    Nobody can see the future. Here today and gone tomorrow. Not that I want that to happen.
    Otech#CB and kbz1960 like this.
    07-28-13 06:49 PM
    Yup no one can see the future. Apple was a week away from bankruptcy and look where they are now. BlackBerry has no debt and 3.1 billion dollars . all the haters said bb10 would never make it to market since BlackBerry would burn through their 2.1 billion at the time . Now they have an extra billion.

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm, Otech#CB and Lendo like this.
    07-28-13 08:46 PM
    Yup no one can see the future. Apple was a week away from bankruptcy and look where they are now. BlackBerry has no debt and 3.1 billion dollars . all the haters said bb10 would never make it to market since BlackBerry would burn through their 2.1 billion at the time . Now they have an extra billion.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, who knows, that extra billion might do the trick though, right? I think they have been playing it safe all along. Waiting till they had something worth competing with. I wish them the best.
    07-29-13 02:35 AM
    ... The consumers on here want to put them out of business, so they say all this negative stuff. ...
    consumers buy products - they have NO intention to put somebody out of business! And normal consumers are NOT on CB, they dont care about phone-wars or OS-wars.

The normal consumer is the ber-powered judge, and where he puts his money - there is the winner.

And any company, which cant convince him to get his money, WILL go out of business sooner or later. In the moment, there are NO great shimmers of hope, that BB will return to their faded "golden age" of consumer reception. The best indication is the aggressive pushing here on CB and the troll wars with no meaning for the real world...
    07-29-13 03:34 AM
    consumers buy products - they have NO intention to put somebody out of business! And normal consumers are NOT on CB, they dont care about phone-wars or OS-wars.

The normal consumer is the ber-powered judge, and where he puts his money - there is the winner.

And any company, which cant convince him to get his money, WILL go out of business sooner or later. In the moment, there are NO great shimmers of hope, that BB will return to their faded "golden age" of consumer reception. The best indication is the aggressive pushing here on CB and the troll wars with no meaning for the real world...
    Yup, those consumers don't yet know about crackberry, but some are just finding out right this second Okay maybe not this second, but you know what I mean. haha I easily switched when I heard it would do android apps. And I heard that rumor long ago, but it didn't come till now. I made that switch though very quickly. And TBH, I after I tested the iphone 5 i was about to get the htc one, but then I heard about the Q10, and I just had to test it before because I knew if i just didnt give it a chance I would've regretted it until I have finally bricked my android trying to install a bunch of roms to find one that fit my likings. And my friend has it so I get to check out what he can do with it, which is cool, but blackberry is saying they can do all that with the 10.2 update. And since I was one of the people who liked the way it felt compared to the iphone and the 9900, I was just amazed. And instantly satisfied, and then even more satisfied when I remembered how I loved crackberry when I got my 8900 since I didn't last with the 9900. I bought it in full though, and then gave it to my mom when I got a free galaxy sII n htc one s (which is when I started rooting). Can be a pain in the *** when you brick it. I already had a soft brick with my q10, which I had to take out the battery to get it be able debugg and reflash. Simple stuff. With the htc one s i couldnt take my battery out which screwed my over, but after hours of working I was able to fix it. I still got it btw. haha right next to my bed, ready to be charged whenever blackberry's seize to exist. I for one on crackberry provide my normal consumer opinion, since I didn't even know it was android compatible when I bought it. I didn't even know I could side-load.
    07-29-13 05:05 AM
    Yea, who knows, that extra billion might do the trick though, right? I think they have been playing it safe all along. Waiting till they had something worth competing with. I wish them the best.
    SO basically you think that Blackberry has been "holding back" and "playing it safe" until they have competition that is worthy of them?

Just when you think the KoolAid is gone, someone shows they still got some!
    Cesare21 and kbz1960 like this.
    07-29-13 06:47 AM
    Blackberry cannot file for Chapter 11 or 12 as they have too many assets and are not insolvent. They would have to file for Disolutionment which is typically a voluntary action to wind up an operating business. There are rules imposed by the SEC to protect shareholders from agressive management actions that impare the stock's value. That said, the SEC historically has a pretty dismal record of protecting common sharehloders and companies tend to do what they want in their own interests.

In this case of Blackberry they would have to disperse the ~3 Billion they have on hand by issuing a special dividend through a Security Exchnage filing and must be approved proir to any actions. This would identify who get's what and it's typically done by share class. I have no doubt that Blackberry has issued premium class shares to the board members and other senior management staff.

Now, if there was an Offer to Purchase, that's a totally different matter. This is usually "good" news as this would mean a premium over the currrent stock price however, with the stock currently so depressed, most of us would still be underwater. What would be the worst news is a management buyout as they hold all the cards and will dictate the terms of the sale to the common shareholders, usually to the benefit of the purchasing management team.
    07-29-13 10:37 AM
    And do they have to compete with? Certainly not the Z, Q or A10..

Great Os, with lame devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:05 PM
    SO basically you think that Blackberry has been "holding back" and "playing it safe" until they have competition that is worthy of them?

Just when you think the KoolAid is gone, someone shows they still got some!
    I didn't say somebody else to compete with. I said something, mean their own devices. They feel that their Z,Q,A devices are worthy of competing, and certainly they do in the business & corporation industry, but their attempt is to wide that range. And by holding back, I meant their money. They've been holding it back till they had a device worthy of mass producing, which they did do. . .obviously. And not even that many. But they pretty much sold what they had. Yea they had order cuts, but that's bound to happen at some point. Z10 & Q10 combined, It's at "a million units per month."And that's 50% less than what they were ordering. So they are selling...
    07-29-13 04:01 PM
    And do they have to compete with? Certainly not the Z, Q or A10..

Great Os, with lame devices.

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with the hardware? I thought all the problems were the OS and lack of apps?
    Otech#CB likes this.
    07-29-13 04:09 PM
    What's wrong with the hardware? I thought all the problems were the OS and lack of apps?
    lol, depends on who you talk to.
    07-29-13 04:13 PM
    lol, depends on who you talk to.
    It's a mix of both actually. While some posters think BB should go quad-core and 1080p for their next phone, there are some who argue that OS10 is inefficient - requiring 2 gigs of RAM to run smoothly.
    07-29-13 04:26 PM
    It's a mix of both actually. While some posters think BB should go quad-core and 1080p for their next phone, there are some who argue that OS10 is inefficient - requiring 2 gigs of RAM to run smoothly.
    If they really needed the raw power to run smooth and easier, they would include a quad-core. But I don't think it is necessary for that, probably for their next playbook.
    07-29-13 06:44 PM
    If they really needed the raw power to run smooth and easier, they would include a quad-core. But I don't think it is necessary for that, probably for their next playbook.
    Or else BlackBerry is just future proofing themselves wrt RAM on their devices..

sexy as hell Z10 via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    07-30-13 10:06 AM
    Or else BlackBerry is just future proofing themselves wrt RAM on their devices..

sexy as hell Z10 via CB10
    And that would be a bad move, to start. They need to continue making sales, not have a device that's not gonna get old for a long time. That's from a sales POV.
    07-30-13 01:25 PM
    Just remember that a faster/hotter CPU will use more power. There has to be a balanced approach. The highest specs has never been a Blackberry trademark.
    07-31-13 09:19 AM
    You never know, if they make it out of this one, I'm sure they'll eventually get around to making one of those. Until then I'm going to cherish the A10 haha
    08-01-13 12:55 AM