Only few with real money believe Chen, else why are they not buying BBRY stock?
    12-12-14 01:36 PM
    The attitudes of many people: "I'll buy BBRY when they start doing well".

Unfortunately for them, it'll be $20/shr by that time.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:43 PM
    What might be "hoople" here on a BlackBerry site... doesn't mean much in the real world where talk is cheap.

You want the stock to go up (and up, and up, and up)..... company needs to start making a profit and show that is a long term trend. Talking about deals that only have the potential to possible to make money at some future time, doesn't get investors too excited. Especially coming from a company with BlackBerry's track record and their position in the marketplace. Without this positive news... BBRY would have sunken back into the $8 range.
    hpjrt and haringfish like this.
    12-12-14 01:48 PM
    What about amazon, workday, netflix, salesforce, uber, facebook.. and about hundred more companies vaued at ten sof billions who make little or no money

What might be "hoople" here on a BlackBerry site... doesn't mean much in the real world where talk is cheap.

You want the stock to go up (and up, and up, and up)..... company needs to start making a profit and show that is a long term trend. Talking about deals that only have the potential to possible to make money at some future time, doesn't get investors too excited. Especially coming from a company with BlackBerry's track record and their position in the marketplace. Without this positive news... BBRY would have sunken back into the $8 range.
    Thunderbuck and gokulesh like this.
    12-12-14 02:24 PM
    What about amazon, workday, netflix, salesforce, uber, facebook.. and about hundred more companies vaued at ten sof billions who make little or no money
    The BlackBerry can't do nothing right crowd can't answer that. BlackBerry needs to get off the criminal US exchange.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:35 PM
    In the end, it boils down to perceived value: how much are folks willing to invest in the future of said companies.

Interestingly enough, all the companies you mention have a major stake in something that is very, very valuable.

It doesn't always make sense, and it is far from an exact science, but I think an unbiased layman could tell you why, say, Facebook has more upside currently than BlackBerry does.
    12-12-14 02:44 PM
    They have potential and they seem to be functional companies that are growing and expanding.

BlackBerry has potential, but they have not shown that they are capable of taking advantage of that potential. In fact as a company they have shown the opposite as they were once the leader in the smartphone business, and now they are pretty much a nobody. Also hey haven't shown growth to any degree to instill confidence. Even product like BBM or BES where they have increase their user base, they aren't really being forthcoming about the little details about those increases that Investors need to make decisions. 100,000 million users mainly in the US are much more valuable than 100,000 million users in "other" markets - so where the growth is taking place can affect the value.

It really doesn't matter if others aren't buying BBRY... if you believe Chen and think he will take BlackBerry back to $20 or back to $120. Then take advantage now and buy. Or you can be cautious like most investors seem to be, and wait - sure you might miss out on a few dollars a share, but you also won't be stuck if all the promises and talk don't amount to anything. But complaining about why others don't see what you believe you see, or why some other company seems to be overvalued, is a waste of time.
    EchoTango, 95aero and KCSFINEST like this.
    12-12-14 03:17 PM
    Is it really under $10 again? Hadn't been paying attention. If so, sweet! I have a limit order in at $9.90 that I thought had no chance of ever executing.

Edit: Just checked and it executed. Down a few cents on that batch but that's fine.
    Last edited by gogogadgets; 12-14-14 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add info
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-14-14 09:06 AM
    Looks like "someone" knows something and is now getting in cheap before the news is released on the 19th. Then get ready for some pump 'n dump... :-)

  Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....  
    12-14-14 01:58 PM
    Is it really under $10 again? Hadn't been paying attention. If so, sweet! I have a limit order in at $9.90 that I thought had no chance of ever executing.

Edit: Just checked and it executed. Down a few cents on that batch but that's fine.
    Surprise!

For a while BBRY is going to live in the $8 - $12 range....
    12-15-14 10:02 AM
    Surprise!

For a while BBRY is going to live in the $8 - $12 range....
    Depends on what you mean by "a while." I'll be very surprised if it's under $10 at the end of the year, and I think we break well north of $12 next year.
    12-15-14 05:54 PM
    Depends on what you mean by "a while." I'll be very surprised if it's under $10 at the end of the year, and I think we break well north of $12 next year.
    What do you base that on? Service revenue getting a big bump? Hardware sales? Wishing and hoping?
    12-15-14 09:22 PM
    What do you base that on? Service revenue getting a big bump? Hardware sales? Wishing and hoping?
    I think this Earnings Report will be "good" and should give the stock a little bounce, so the $10 by the end of the year that GOGOGADGETS predicted might very well be possible. Chen said he'd get them back in the Black by the 1st earning report of next year (JUNE), and if he fulfills that promise and the company is in a growth pattern with sales.... north of $12 by the end of December next year is very likely. Add in the growth of QNX, growth and fees from BBM/Channels and the sky could be the limit. Easy to see what he is thinking....

Personally I think it's a long shot and I've been hearing it for a couple of years now... but you never know.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-16-14 01:57 PM
    Only few with real money believe Chen, else why are they not buying BBRY stock?
    Dude...OTPF just bought a huge block...please stay informed.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-16-14 08:18 PM
    Dude...OTPF just bought a huge block...please stay informed.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    When? For how much? If they bought at $9 it was a pretty safe bet, if they bought at $11 then I bet they are a little concerned.

But what does that really mean? Some guy name Prem Watsa bought a pretty huge block of BlackBerry stock a few years ago.... may go down as one of his most costly mistakes. He has tied up a LOT of cash on a bet that could still net him a profit on the books. But then again how much profit might he have made over those years if he hadn't tied money up in BlackBerry?

As SAVINGBLACKBERRY said, only a few have bought into what Chen has been saying, or the stock wouldn't be bouncing around $10. Results are what everyone is waiting for!

We will get another peak at how things are going tomorrow. Been thinking it should be a "good" Earnings Call with some positive indicators. Nothing to start a run on the stock, but nothing to cause it to fall either. But then I've been looking at some indicators on sales and marketshare from Gartner and Kantar.... Where they showed a rise this summer that matched the sales numbers reported in the last ER... they now indicate that sales have fallen off by over half in September/October. So all may not be as good as we could have hoped.

We will see tomorrow....
    12-18-14 11:54 AM
    Alot of wall street thieves have bbry options that they will make money on in hidden accounts as the funds they control manipulate the share price as teacher retirement funds effected by this control suffer for the sake of greed generated by no talent ads hats ?

That cover it?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:48 PM
    They want to see these partnerships converting to money

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:59 AM
    Earnings call will be interesting tomorrow. Interested to hear initial Passport sales numbers.

The bottom line is, to get any movement in the stock price, BlackBerry needs to start having positive earnings, quarter after quarter. The consumer market is all but dead at the moment - all the heavy lifting is going to need to be done on the enterprise side of the business.
    12-19-14 01:04 AM
    What is the current share price

Z10 UK

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:06 PM
    Earnings call will be interesting tomorrow. Interested to hear initial Passport sales numbers.

The bottom line is, to get any movement in the stock price, BlackBerry needs to start having positive earnings, quarter after quarter. The consumer market is all but dead at the moment - all the heavy lifting is going to need to be done on the enterprise side of the business.
    Profits were up, but hardware sales and revenues where down....

No word on the Passport or Z3... many don't think there was time to "recognize" revenues on the Passport... ???

You are right that enterprise is either going to help BlackBerry have positive earnings or they are going to put another nail in their coffin. It has been said the Chen is planning to do some spending and growth next year... but it's hard to grow a business when revenues fall so drastically. Their spending has to be kept in check and that is very hard to do with a company that has already cut so much.
    12-22-14 07:52 AM