Up 20c after market based on MS stake? Wall Street drops amid earnings, Yellen remarks
    11-04-15 03:38 PM
    If MS wants BlackBerry, it isn't for their Hardware business.

Maybe to buy the EMM customers that BES and Good represent for their own EMM to compete against IBM??
    11-04-15 04:01 PM
    There's a lot for Microsoft to like, including eliminating a competitor in the car infotainment market in QNX, mobile patents, MDM, etc. John Chen has done a lot of the ugly downsizing that had to be done. It looks like he slashed R&D which means that there aren't a lot of projects to cancel.
    11-04-15 05:13 PM
    There's a lot for Microsoft to like, including eliminating a competitor in the car infotainment market in QNX, mobile patents, MDM, etc. John Chen has done a lot of the ugly downsizing that had to be done. It looks like he slashed R&D which means that there aren't a lot of projects to cancel.
    It's pocket change for them. But hey, not another Nokia.... :-)

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-04-15 06:47 PM
    I think the mat 950 will be the phone that changes everything

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:23 AM
    Why didn't they just buy when they kicked the tyres last time?
    11-05-15 12:38 AM
    too much baggage they'd have to get rid of themselves. I don't think the rumor is real though. No substantial pre market or after market trading, no big news sources are picking it up, and no one has reached out for a comment to my knowledge.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-05-15 06:59 AM
    too much baggage they'd have to get rid of themselves. I don't think the rumor is real though. No substantial pre market or after market trading, no big news sources are picking it up, and no one has reached out for a comment to my knowledge.
    I can see it in one particular circumstances but its not one that would make hardcore BBRY fans happy - there is a growing feeling that MSFT might try a Android fork because of the failure of WP8 - instead they might decide to go for BBRY's implementation and fork that. They wouldn't buy them for BB10 that has all the problems of WP but at a deeper level.
    11-05-15 07:08 AM
    I can see it in one particular circumstances but its not one that would make hardcore BBRY fans happy - there is a growing feeling that MSFT might try a Android fork because of the failure of WP8 - instead they might decide to go for BBRY's implementation and fork that. They wouldn't buy them for BB10 that has all the problems of WP but at a deeper level.
    could be, I think Microsoft is pretty pissed ford took qnx back. you know they want to be a leader in infotainment or at least be involved. not sure if MS market share is palpable right now without ford. either way, all of bbry might be too expensive for MSFT but that's probably what every other company is thinking until the financials really start turning around. I think MSFT has a MDM too.. not sure if it's really got a presence right now but I heard they were offering it for free so it must suck pretty bad if they're not gaining any traction
    11-05-15 07:13 AM
    I think John Chen is actually holding out for the much higher valuation. What will change that is not the hardware but the relative growth of the MDM business. If there's a hiccup then there will be a sale. If the tech bubble looks like it's bursting then there will be a sale. King Digital, the Candy Crush company, a true one-trick pony, just got sold to Activision for 5.9 billion so the numbers being thrown around for BBRY shouldn't be surprising.

The more that John Chen digs in, the more the stock price will go down.
    cgk likes this.
    11-05-15 07:36 AM