Hello,

i just saw the statcounter site, and i have some questions
    according to this site
    BBRY had 1.31% market share in the US on 2.6
    and now (2.9) 6% market share in the US.

if the estimates of Smartphones are 137 M in the US right now
    That means that Blackberry rise to 8.22 M devices from only 1.79M only in the last Quarter.
    Its 6.43M devices only in the US,

After i saw all the news about selling and stuff, i wonder to who i can believe?

The media that saying BBRY death is near or to the numbers?
    To what can i look in the next earning result ?
    09-05-13 02:34 AM
    Hello,

i just saw the statcounter site, and i have some questions
    according to this site
    BBRY had 1.31% market share in the US on 2.6
    and now (2.9) 6% market share in the US.

if the estimates of Smartphones are 137 M in the US right now
    That means that Blackberry rise to 8.22 M devices from only 1.79M only in the last Quarter.
    Its 6.43M devices only in the US,

After i saw all the news about selling and stuff, i wonder to who i can believe?

The media that saying BBRY death is near or to the numbers?
    To what can i look in the next earning result ?
    You went wrong when you said "according to Statcounter." Statcounter is unreliable.
    schmeat likes this.
    09-05-13 02:38 AM
    so, who's reliable?
    09-05-13 02:45 AM
    so, who's reliable?
    Everyone but StatCounter.
    eldricho likes this.
    09-05-13 04:24 AM
    so, who's reliable?
    The board and their desperate attempts to sell off the company by Nov?
    09-05-13 05:08 AM
    And it begins once again..

*grabs popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:29 AM
    so, who's reliable?
    Try Gantner.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-05-13 06:30 AM
    It seems blackberry wants to sell some businesses that have nothing to do with the mobile computing vision. They may spin out xBBM, and MDM businesses and focus on BB10 and M2M.

Everyone on Crackberry will point out Statcounter is unreliable but nobody can say why

There are a few posts like these on the money thread. Not sure what the source or method is but it definitely goes against what mosts analysts are saying.

According to Statcounter-matketshare.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theRock1975; 09-05-13 at 07:19 AM.
    09-05-13 06:38 AM
    Everyone on Crackberry will point out Statcounter is unreliable but nobody can say why
    Statcounter has been consistently incorrect for the past couple months regarding BB10 usage patterns and its data is discredited by the BBRY earnings report. Also, one day Statcounter shows Canada with something like 20% marketshare and the next week it has like 10%? It's basic inductive reasoning. Like the sun sets in the west Statcounter is garbage.

That you suggest nobody could explain why Statcounter is unreliable basically throws tens of thousands of years prehistoric, Stone Age logic right out the door.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-05-13 06:47 AM
    Statcounter has been consistently incorrect for the past couple months regarding BB10 usage patterns and its data is discredited by the BBRY earnings report. Also, one day Statcounter shows Canada with something like 20% marketshare and the next week it has like 10%? It's basic inductive reasoning. Like the sun sets in the west Statcounter is garbage.

That you suggest nobody could explain why Statcounter is unreliable basically throws tens of thousands of years prehistoric, Stone Age logic right out the door.
    Yes something wrong with the Canadian data. Try United States, North America, worldwide. There are billions of log entries and they seem to be showing a pattern.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:32 AM
    Yes something wrong with the Canadian data. Try United States, North America, worldwide. There are billions of log entries and they seem to be showing a pattern.

Posted via CB10
    A pattern of stupidity.

When it comes to stat counter look away.
    09-05-13 07:36 AM
    If Statcounter data was reliable, BBRY would use it itself.
    09-05-13 07:38 AM
    It seems blackberry wants to sell some businesses that have nothing to do with the mobile computing vision. They may spin out xBBM, and MDM businesses and focus on BB10 and M2M.

There are a few posts like these on the money thread. Not sure what the source or method is but it definitely goes against what mosts analysts are saying.

Posted via CB10

Just because Statcounter says what YOU want it to say, doesn't mean it is right. Go back and compare the last year of Statcounter results to Global results from "recognized" sources like IDC, Kantar and Gartner. If these guys that the INDUSTRY all trust say one thing, and someone like Statcounter says something different..... It is because the data that they have is unreliable, because they are dependent on factors that can be skewed based on the devices and the browser and the settings of said browser - thus UNRELIABLE.
    09-05-13 09:44 AM
    Just to give you an idea how reliable StatCounter is - BB "marketshare" in Canada was reported at nearly 30% just couple months ago. In a matter of a few days, the reported figures went down to ~7%.
    09-05-13 09:47 AM
    Here is how reliable it is:

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    09-05-13 10:05 AM
    And if I may ask, name a few analysts that are mostly accurate with their forecasts/predictions about BBRY?

09-05-13 10:14 AM
    I think the problem has to do with people who use Statcounter to compare a single day's worth of data rather than using a larger pool.
    09-05-13 10:20 AM
    And if I may ask, name a few analysts that are mostly accurate with their forecasts/predictions about BBRY?
    Almost all of them.
    Well except the ones that were bullish on bb10, they were just plain wrong.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-05-13 01:42 PM
    Yeah, we have. The problem with citing StatCounter as a measure of market share is that is NOT what they do. I have posted this before but one more time:

What methodology is used to calculate StatCounter Global Stats?

StatCounter is a web analytics service. Our tracking code is installed on more than 3 million sites globally. These sites cover various activities and geographic locations. Every month, we record billions of page views to these sites. For each page view, we analyse the browser/operating system/screen resolution used and we establish if the page view is from a mobile device. For our search engine stats, we analyze every page view referred by a search engine. For our social media stats, we analyze every page view referred by a social media site. We summarize all this data to get our Global Stats information.

We provide independent, unbiased stats on internet usage trends. We do not collate our stats with any other information sources. No artificial weightings are used. We remove bot activity and make a small adjustment to our browser stats for prerendering in Google Chrome. Aside from those adjustments, we publish the data as we record it.

In other words we calculate our Global Stats on the basis of more than 15 billion page views per month, by people from all over the world onto our 3 million+ member sites.

By collating our data in this way, we track the activity of third party visitors to our member websites. We do not calculate our stats based on the activity of our members alone. This helps to minimise bias in the data and achieve a random sample.

In June 2013, our global sample consisted of 17.5 billion page views (US: 4.2 billion); 2.1 billion of these were search engine referrals (US: 370 million); 328 million of these were social media referrals (US: 117 million).
    StatCounter measures page views, browser usage and other NON SALES analytics. Anyone using the information they provide to try to measure trends in sales, the financial health of a company or any other metric that would affect bottom line clearly does not understand what they are looking at.
    Attached Thumbnails According to Statcounter-sc.png  
    09-05-13 07:23 PM
    If anyone insists on looking at StatCounter data I HIGHLY Suggest that they look only at worldwide data. Drilling down to region or country data is fun but very unreliable. BlackBerry data is particularly unreliable because of how bis and bes data is routed through servers in various countries.

Global StatCounter data measures total internet traffic, which is influenced by different things and can be fudged with auto-click programs.

A slightly more reliable source of Web activity is netmarketshare.com. They only count unique visitors per day, not total clicks, and they correct for Web usage by country. Unfortunately they only publish monthly data and national data is not free, only worldwide data is free.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    theRock1975 and eldricho like this.
    09-05-13 08:35 PM
    StatCounter does not supply forecasts/predictions. It's retrospective info. Even if it is historic info, it is still highly inaccurate as far as inferences of marketshare are concerned, because it doesn't really measure marketshare.
    09-05-13 08:54 PM
    If anyone insists on looking at StatCounter data I HIGHLY Suggest that they look only at worldwide data. Drilling down to region or country data is fun but very unreliable. BlackBerry data is particularly unreliable because of how bis and bes data is routed through servers in various countries.

Global StatCounter data measures total internet traffic, which is influenced by different things and can be fudged with auto-click programs.

A slightly more reliable source of Web activity is netmarketshare.com. They only count unique visitors per day, not total clicks, and they correct for Web usage by country. Unfortunately they only publish monthly data and national data is not free, only worldwide data is free.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Thanks for confirming that netmarket share is saying the same thing as statcounter. Does anyone have access to the US data?

According to Statcounter-img_00000256.png

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:58 PM
    While browsing their data, I noticed that Canadian Data dropped at the same time as the American Rose. I was looking at this off and on for a few days trying to make heads or tails of the data when I saw the attached note. I have tried again to get this note and I cannot find it.

According to Statcounter-9-10-2013-2-25-14-pm.jpg

Essentially it appears that the spike in the US is just a shift of hits that were originally read from Canada and the drop in Canada a result of the same shift. In short, its best to avoid country specific reports and shift to more regional or global data to get more realistic statistics.
    09-10-13 11:26 PM
    Ok.. I figured out how to see the note again. Check Mobile Browser -> USA -> Daily data for the last year and you will see an Exclamation mark for the BlackBerry data line.

According to Statcounter-9-11-2013-12-36-34-am.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails According to Statcounter-9-11-2013-12-36-34-am.jpg  
    09-10-13 11:39 PM
    The worst part is that the Canada spike came from SE Asia. Check Canada for the same note.
    09-11-13 04:48 AM
29 12