A public company by definition is in the public domain. Markets at all time high and we have good news for Q10, DoD approval, BES 10 good news and BBRY stock is down.
    Either:
    1. there is rampant manipulation
    or
    2. We are been lied to
    or
    3. Markets have gone mad

This is totally unbelievable. Beyond comprehension.
    05-03-13 02:44 PM
    Just like Netflix at high 100 range...that kind of crazy?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 02:46 PM
    Yes, the markets are crazy. Company has record earnings, beats expectations and stock goes down because it didn't beat expectation enough. Hacking a Twitter account can cause a temporary $136 billion selloff.
    05-03-13 03:35 PM
    But see low stock price affects perceptions negatively. Constituents like developers, potential customers, even suppliers perceive something is wrong with the company. If it were private, it would be a different matter.
    Besides investors like myself who have been in BBRY for many years are losing big time, I am not a trader, I made an investment in BBRY (then RIMM) and plan to hold it as long as it takes but still..... these depressed levels affects the business as outlined above.
    05-03-13 04:24 PM
    Management is taking action though. They released BB10 and the Z10, then rolled it out world-wide. They're releasing the Q10 and a BB10 update. There's BES 10, and future products and services hinted at.

Management's job is not to monitor the daily stock price and keep it from dipping or dropping. Management's job is to manage, and to build value in the company, making it profitable and stable in the longer term. It's the market's job to judge their performance, and the stock price (ignoring temporary manipulation) goes either down or up depending on the market's collective judgement.

The fact the price isn't as high as you presumably think it should be is simply a sign that the broader market doesn't have the same degree of confidence in the company's longer term success as you have. If you're very confident in the company, then you have one clear course of action: buy more stock. If you're correct, you'll inevitably profit, right?
    raw_dog, Bbnivende, q649 and 10 others like this.
    05-03-13 04:33 PM
    You forgot that BB messenger and some email in limited parts of the world was down for 3hrs. This would cause the short sellers to start a panic and start dumping. I have come to the realization that every Friday is sell off Friday for BB.
    05-03-13 04:58 PM
    Oh please, stop with that age old management's job is not to monitor stock price daily. I am talking here 4 years, not daily. And yes, stock prices affect the business... especially in the market BBRy operates because of perception issues. Bear raids have known to damage companies. When day in and day out you hear negative reports (even though false), dont you think it affects the developers, customers etc?

As for inevitably right, if stock prices didn't affect the real business, I wouldn't care, but it does. As I said I have held the stock for 4 years and will hold for another 4 years but as a public company, you have to keep an eye on stock price. Bears are vicious, they can damage the real business.
    05-03-13 05:10 PM
    Well, don't you think every company has issues with the services? BBRY needs some good PR and media people who can play the game well and better than the bears.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    05-03-13 05:12 PM
    Oh believe me I have a lot of BBRY stock, you have no idea. If every Crackberry user had that much, we would own 100% of the company and then some.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-03-13 05:14 PM
    But see low stock price affects perceptions negatively. Constituents like developers, potential customers, even suppliers perceive something is wrong with the company. If it were private, it would be a different matter.
    Besides investors like myself who have been in BBRY for many years are losing big time, I am not a trader, I made an investment in BBRY (then RIMM) and plan to hold it as long as it takes but still..... these depressed levels affects the business as outlined above.
    You plan to hold it as long as what takes? That's not how investing works my friend.
    northernrds likes this.
    05-03-13 05:19 PM
    Cool down dude...If BBRY is had good product on hand eventually consumers will buy and stock will rise..take a break from stock movement and enjoy life !!!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:19 PM
    Blackberry needs to diversify. They need to start tapping into other products other than just phones and services to those phones.

Until that day, this stock will always hover. Samsung, Apple and now even Microsoft have their feet planted in many different areas. Much more prone to growth than Blackberry.

2013, I think is not a year for growth but to stop the bleeding.
    MarsupilamiX and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-03-13 10:42 PM
    Cool down dude...If BBRY is had good product on hand eventually consumers will buy and stock will rise..take a break from stock movement and enjoy life !!!

Posted via CB10
    True. When big money will be confedent in bb10 success, investments will take place. Its better for them to buy at 18-20 without risk, then right now.
    05-04-13 03:12 AM
    Q10 is the best phone I have ever used, if following apps comes to Q10, I would see stock rally to 20

Free Google map
    Instangram
    Netflix
    Interactive broker

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:58 PM
    US media and short sell hedge fund keep bashing the stock scares real investors

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:46 AM
    Oh believe me I have a lot of BBRY stock, you have no idea. If every Crackberry user had that much, we would own 100% of the company and then some.
    I've seen some of your other posts, and I wonder how long you've been an investor. You can't judge a stock on a single day's performance; there are just too many things that may contribute one way or another.

I think there actually has been some degree of manipulation going on; a great many investors have been shorting the stock, so there's a strong motive there to play up every piece of news that could bring the price down. The fact that BlackBerry themselves as a company actually HAS demonstrated some unreliability makes it relatively easy for some investors to believe in every negative piece of reporting that comes along.

I, too, hold BB stock, and I am very optimistic that we'll see it rise closer to the $40-$60 range later this year. I think the company has been doing everything it can to make that happen. Single-day fluctuations aren't going to rattle me.
    05-05-13 07:00 AM
    OP needs to take a study course on how the stock market actually works... most of us think we do but if you research it more you will find out we don not....
    05-05-13 07:56 AM
    Just curios ......what makes you think you own more stocks than me?

Frankly ......why do you even think BBRY needs saving?
    05-05-13 10:19 AM
    Oh please, stop with that age old management's job is not to monitor stock price daily. I am talking here 4 years, not daily. And yes, stock prices affect the business... especially in the market BBRy operates because of perception issues. Bear raids have known to damage companies. When day in and day out you hear negative reports (even though false), dont you think it affects the developers, customers etc?

As for inevitably right, if stock prices didn't affect the real business, I wouldn't care, but it does. As I said I have held the stock for 4 years and will hold for another 4 years but as a public company, you have to keep an eye on stock price. Bears are vicious, they can damage the real business.
    To try and compare the BB of 4 years ago to the BB that is today is ridiculous. They've just overhauled the whole core. They're 4 months into the new BB and are in the beginning stages of building an ecosystem based on BB10. Not that you want to hear it...but now is the time to have some patience. Good things are coming.
    05-06-13 12:52 AM
    Stocks being under and over valued!? The end is NIGH!
    05-06-13 12:59 AM
    savingblackberry is the one, who propose that every "like" buys shares:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post8415624

odd think is, that in no country of the world "likes" are allowed to open a bank account... ;-)
    05-06-13 02:37 AM
    Many companies withy best products have died. Live in the real world, not your geeky, nerdy world... people are not as innocent and upright as you. These people are evil and will destroy companies, good products notwithstanding
    05-06-13 09:12 AM
    Many companies withy best products have died. Live in the real world, not your geeky, nerdy world... people are not as innocent and upright as you. These people are evil and will destroy companies, good products notwithstanding
    I live in the world where the shares I bought for $6.21 last September are now worth upwards of $16...
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-06-13 03:08 PM
    I live in the world where the shares I bought for $6.21 last September are now worth upwards of $16...
    You dog you! My lowest was $6.34. :-)

(Note to readers: both Thunderbuck and I are in Canada so I believe we're both talking about BB and not BBRY. BB had a low of $6.10.)
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-06-13 03:11 PM
    Buying and selling stock for me is about MONEY and not love of the company. Many forum members are so in love with Blackberry they loose perspective of what the stock market is all about. If you are investing in BBRY, for your love of Blackberry, and you think your mission is to save the company . . . well good luck!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-07-13 at 02:11 PM.
    RHDJEEZY likes this.
    05-07-13 05:28 AM
26 12