09-22-13 06:18 PM
57 123
tools
    One point on the math in this thread: inventory is not just completed phones. In their supply chain they are competing with other larger buyers who buy enormous lots of screens, boards, SoCs, etc.

So the inventory may include millions of Z10 size screens or boards which won't work in the Z30 or Q10, and therefore are kind of useless now if the Z10 is being phased out. It may include millions of finished boards with SoCs that aren't the same as what they now use on the Z30.
    09-21-13 07:03 PM
    One point on the math in this thread: inventory is not just completed phones. In their supply chain they are competing with other larger buyers who buy enormous lots of screens, boards, SoCs, etc.

So the inventory may include millions of Z10 size screens or boards which won't work in the Z30 or Q10, and therefore are kind of useless now if the Z10 is being phased out. It may include millions of finished boards with SoCs that aren't the same as what they now use on the Z30.
    You are 300% Right !
    09-21-13 07:10 PM
    a class action lawsuit should be incoming to waterloo soon. the incompetence and the many wrong decisions have hurt the stockholders way too much.
    I wish its directed to the management and not hurt the company as a whole anymore...not that theres much to hurt soon the way things are going
    09-21-13 08:33 PM
    So, if you ignore $1 billion of phones they can't sell, they broke even? That makes perfect sense and sounds like a solid business plan....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    The phones will be sold at a lesser margin or at the very worst case scenario at cost. Btw all the $1 billion loss are not inventory write down.
    I assume BlackBerry is gearing up for another attempt at better market penetration.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:13 PM
    I'm just repeating what Chris said in his article and the armchair CEOs start flexing their tits...

Posted via CB10
    The thing about repeating without understanding...

JeepBB likes this.
    09-22-13 05:37 PM
    The phones will be sold at a lesser margin or at the very worst case scenario at cost. Btw all the $1 billion loss are not inventory write down.
    I assume BlackBerry is gearing up for another attempt at better market penetration.
    This is not how accounting works. The phones and components were already valued at cost.

They are now valued below cost.
    09-22-13 06:00 PM
    You can do a lot with the PlayBook now with really no support from blackberry. Great browser, stream movies, and a lot more.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:18 PM
57 123