45% of BlackBerry Z10 Owners in India Came from Other Platforms - N4BB

The launch of the BlackBerry Z10 has exploded in India. This is a game changer for BlackBerry and also for the industry. We are already running out of stock, said Sunil Dutt, Managing Director of BlackBerry India.

BlackBerry has had to increase its device forecast by 40% for the region. In a couple of markets where we launched first, about 45 per cent of people who bought BB10 device were unique customers who were using phones of some other brand, saidDutt.

Dutt wont be requiring a sales target his staff must meet. Our own internal forecast has been beefed up for BB10 devices by about 40 per cent after seeing the response in other markets. By putting a sales target number, I would be limiting my team in India, he said.

This coincides with how the sales of the BlackBerry Z10 have been throughout Canada and the UK. It will surely be interesting to see how well the sales are met in the US market.
    03-05-13 06:30 PM
    I hope that this phone is doing well. But I find suspect that each company statement says that they are exceeding internal expectations knowing full well that nobody knows what those internal expectations are. Nor are they measurable in any way.

It seems to be a well coordinated corporate response.

I hope not.
    schmeat likes this.
    03-05-13 06:53 PM
    internal sales objectives and expectations are confidential and only top management knows... cause BB isn't providing market guidance anymore. thus BB can't give any numbers beside the "it's going well" or "we exceeded by a certain percentage"
    03-05-13 06:58 PM
    They can announce Feb at this stage.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 07:08 PM
    I hope that this phone is doing well. But I find suspect that each company statement says that they are exceeding internal expectations knowing full well that nobody knows what those internal expectations are. Nor are they measurable in any way.

It seems to be a well coordinated corporate response.

I hope not.
    I Agree.

I would also question the stats about users coming from other OSs. I would want to know how they measure that. I think they just look at the % of new BBIDs created on the Z10 which is not very credible.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 08:18 PM
    This is terrific news. It's always interesting to watch responses to BB news here: Glass half full or glass half empty - it's all in how you look at things.
    03-05-13 08:22 PM
    This is terrific news. It's always interesting to watch responses to BB news here: Glass half full or glass half empty - it's all in how you look at things.
    After waiting two years for BB10 to arrive, at this point I'm just happy we finally have a glass!
    03-05-13 09:24 PM
    Consider it this way! this is fantastic news! For all the media and analysts that said BB10 would only draw in old BB user's
    New BB10 buyers consist of;
    50% Canada
    33% UK
    60% UAE
    45% India
    Round that out at say 40% to be conservative!
    Then if we listen to wallstreet analysts and their media buddies, this means that the BlackBerry pool has swelled to around 115,000,000 posible user base to draw from!
    Not a bad start!!! The big word of mouth push has just begun!!
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-05-13 11:59 PM
    I do not think you can relate India Blackberry users with USA users in any way.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-08-13 10:51 AM
    I do not think you can relate India Blackberry users with USA users in any way.
    Are you trying to say that Americans are an awkward breed?
    03-08-13 11:28 AM
    Are you trying to say that Americans are an awkward breed?
    I am saying we are "different".
    03-08-13 12:30 PM
    Now that we have heard about how phones are sold in India, how they are not sold by carriers but families order them for their friends etc., I doubt this guy had any idea what platforms buyers were coming from. I call BS on the 45%. It could actually be true, but I'm betting he just estimated the number.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-08-13 01:12 PM