The market cap is only 7.3 billions? And I haven't count the largest private global physical network and its infrastructure, more than 20 buildings and real estate they own in Waterloo region plus 12700 highly intelligent labor force. If blackberry is so unwelcome and unappreciated in united state, why bother list it under NASDAQ? If Canadian government approved, Lenova or Huawei would like to pay 30 to 40 billions to buy blackberry
    Last edited by Xuexiang Hu; 06-01-13 at 10:34 AM.
    06-01-13 01:48 AM
    Sorry, but what exactly is the purpose of your post?
    06-01-13 02:04 AM
    I would not like if Huawei bought BlackBerry.

If might make me switch to another brand

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:07 AM
    I would not like if Huawei bought BlackBerry.

If might make me switch to another brand

Posted via CB10
    Who cares you? China has more population and huge buying powers. if 10% of Chinese subscribers use blackberry, it is billions of sales.
    06-01-13 02:16 AM
    Sorry, but what exactly is the purpose of your post?
    SO what exactly is your purpose to ask me this silly question?
    06-01-13 02:16 AM
    Who cares you? China has more population and huge buying powers. if 10% of Chinese subscribers use blackberry, it is billions of sales.
    And i think that the us and any other government will not use BlackBerry anymore if Huawei buys it

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:21 AM
    SO what exactly is your purpose to ask me this silly question?
    To try to figure out what the point of your post is.
    06-01-13 02:26 AM
    The stock is heavily shorted. A research company late Friday called Pacific Crest put out an outrageous piece on BBRY.

We need serious help from the OSC and SEC to stop this.

Here is the piece...pay special attention to the comments under the article from some actual shareholders of BBRY.

Also keep in mind that there are 170+ and growing shorted shares against BBRY that's approximately a 2.5 Billion USD bet that this company may fail.

Shorts on other stocks have been taken out of the market in style last month. Look at Tesla and Green Mountain Coffee for examples.

The public need to know that there are some people at work here hoping BBRY fails..

Read this article below

BBRY: BB10 Production in Excess of Sell-Through Demand, Says Pac Crest - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

call your local regulators if you feel Pacific Crest has crossed the line.
    06-01-13 02:27 AM
    And i think that the us and any other government will not use BlackBerry anymore if Huawei buys it

Posted via CB10
    They already gave blackberry devices up gradually, still you don't understand the Rolls-Royce and BMW theory.
    06-01-13 02:27 AM
    To try to figure out what the point of your post is.
    I wish one day Blackberry can become a famous Chinese brand like thinkpad does with lenovo
    06-01-13 02:34 AM
    They already gave blackberry devices up gradually, still you don't understand the Rolls-Royce and BMW theory.
    Still, I will choose any brand over one that's owned by the Chinese government.
    What will be the next step? No BlackBerry device can on Facebook and Twitter anymore?

Our phones gets filters and trown in jail when you write something that they don't like?

Or will all your data being copied to Chinese servers? Sorry but I don't want to have a phone that is owned by a company that is owned by the Chinese government sorry

Posted via CB10
    buwee and rtang1007 like this.
    06-01-13 02:40 AM
    They also own buildings in Ottawa. Qnx is here plus video game development.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:40 AM
    I wish one day Blackberry can become a famous Chinese brand like thinkpad does with lenovo
    I'd prefer they moved to the USA and then they can just sell to China
    jstarett likes this.
    06-01-13 02:54 AM
    If the stock is so cheap then buy it it shouldn't be a problem
    matthewriedle and peter9477 like this.
    06-01-13 03:56 AM
    If 10% of your population use bb , it would be millions ,not billion ,
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-01-13 04:37 AM
    The market cap is only 7.3 billions? And I haven't count the private global network, more than 20 buildings and real estate they own in Waterloo region plus 12700 highly intelligent labor force. If blackberry is so unwelcome and unappreciated in united state, why bother list it under NASDAQ? If Canadian government approved, Lenova or Huawei would like to pay 30 to 40 billions to buy blackberry
    Avoid Huawei like the plaque. They are a company that was built by the Chinese government and who repackaged Cisco's gear under their own name, coping the manuals and code along with all its bugs. Cisco did sue the crap out of them but the Chinese government picked up the tab. Secondly in the US every time they have attempted to do a big infrastructure project with anyone the US government has stepped in and told the other party NO for security reasons. The Canadian government in the best of interest of our trading partner, the USA, have had to do the same thing for security reasons.

So you can see they aren't welcomed or respected because of their origin, not where their from or who they are from but who has put you on the face on this planet. (The Chinese Government)

I am not sure about Lenova, but generally any large IT company that was built by the Chinese government isn't really accepted in North America as they pose a security threat to our nations.
    Last edited by smoothrunnings; 06-02-13 at 05:14 AM.
    BB_Junky, Etios and Omnitech like this.
    06-01-13 05:15 AM
    Prem ,said last year the turnaround won't happen for about 3 to 5 years,if he can live with that scenario,just buy the stock and sock it away ,and prosper down that bumpy road we call Roller Coaster Drive!! I can see Apple buying BB ,I wouldn't mind ,but not for peanuts.I think BB should be at about 22$ right now and after earnings it should pop 25%bringing it to 27.50$ but if the anylsts have their way ,before earnings,the stock will be around 11$ so the 25% would bring it to about where it is now. PITY!!
    06-01-13 05:22 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't want to see fake BB stores with fake BB devices being opened in China like there currently is for Apple. It would hurt their bottom line too much. Secondly having BlackBerry in China would only tarnish their security image with the government agencies in North America who use their devices. Government issued BlackBerry's are very different than the ones you buy at your local cell carrier store.

Being that BlackBerry has very close ties to the US and Canadian Government its unlikely they would go to China.
    06-01-13 05:23 AM
    Still, I will choose any brand over one that's owned by the Chinese government.
    What will be the next step? No BlackBerry device can on Facebook and Twitter anymore?

Our phones gets filters and trown in jail when you write something that they don't like?

Or will all your data being copied to Chinese servers? Sorry but I don't want to have a phone that is owned by a company that is owned by the Chinese government sorry

Posted via CB10
    Business is business, don't bring any political bias to the discussion. Lenovo is Chinese government supported company who own thinkpad now, I never heard that thinkpad stole user data, and never heard that thinkpad will block you from Facebook and Twitter. What I heard about is thinkpad development center is still keep as it was, and all Chinese governments(local and central) and government related corporations put huge amount order to buy thinkpad and almost everyone carries a thinkpad now.
    Last edited by Xuexiang Hu; 06-01-13 at 10:33 AM.
    BB Super Junior likes this.
    06-01-13 10:06 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't want to see fake BB stores with fake BB devices being opened in China like there currently is for Apple. It would hurt their bottom line too much. Secondly having BlackBerry in China would only tarnish their security image with the government agencies in North America who use their devices. Government issued BlackBerry's are very different than the ones you buy at your local cell carrier store.

Being that BlackBerry has very close ties to the US and Canadian Government its unlikely they would go to China.
    Fake devices and fake brand of apple only grab a small amount of buyers who doesn't have enough money to buy real iphone at the beginning, but it plant a brand recognition awareness in their mind, when they have a chance to compare the real one and fake one, by earning enough money, they will eventually buy the real one. Last time I went back to China, I saw lots of fake apple factory and followers bankrupt. Chinese consumers care their face, people with enough money won't carry a fake Iphone in street, it is too shameful.
    If you study the cases of windows xp and Louis Vuitton bags in China, you will understand why Microsoft and LV tolerates fake brand in China. It is huge free advertising and market promotion, and quality speaks to itself in the long run.
    Last edited by Xuexiang Hu; 06-01-13 at 10:44 AM.
    06-01-13 10:22 AM
    I spent a lot of time in China on business , it's not so much the Chinese girls carrying fake bags and phone, the biggest sale of them is to westerners , buying and taking home , because they cheap,
    06-01-13 04:07 PM
    @Xuexiang I enjoy your posts. Keep it up.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-01-13 04:15 PM
    Fake devices and fake brand of apple only grab a small amount of buyers who doesn't have enough money to buy real iphone at the beginning, but it plant a brand recognition awareness in their mind, when they have a chance to compare the real one and fake one, by earning enough money, they will eventually buy the real one. Last time I went back to China, I saw lots of fake apple factory and followers bankrupt. Chinese consumers care their face, people with enough money won't carry a fake Iphone in street, it is too shameful.
    If you study the cases of windows xp and Louis Vuitton bags in China, you will understand why Microsoft and LV tolerates fake brand in China. It is huge free advertising and market promotion, and quality speaks to itself in the long run.
    You think so, but have you visited other countries like South America? I have and they sell a lot of those fake devices made in China to the locals and tourists. I am pretty sure it makes up a good chunk of the market otherwise BlackBerry would already be in China.
    06-02-13 05:11 AM
    Xuexiang Hu,

Which part if China are you from? What phone brand is most prominent for business where you are from?
    You seem to be a blackberry supporter, why?

Just curious. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:49 PM
    Business is business, don't bring any political bias to the discussion. Lenovo is Chinese government supported company who own thinkpad now, I never heard that thinkpad stole user data, and never heard that thinkpad will block you from Facebook and Twitter. What I heard about is thinkpad development center is still keep as it was, and all Chinese governments(local and central) and government related corporations put huge amount order to buy thinkpad and almost everyone carries a thinkpad now.
    Wonder when the Chinese government will sell Huawei to remove government from business???
    06-07-13 02:15 PM
35 12