Let's hope that this update is out before the end of the month, Christmas sales are vital to BlackBerry selling devices and taking advantage of the season. Let's hope John Chen is able to push for this ASAP and for once let BlackBerry come out and surprise everybody with respect to execution time... Time for BlackBerry to regain consumer trust.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:21 AM
    If chen starts getting BB together in terms of timing, that could be a HUGE step forward.
    11-13-13 01:52 AM
    It's time for Asians to take over the world! I mean BlackBerry! Oops
    11-13-13 01:53 AM
    Apk loading ease aka piracy ease will not be something they publicise.
    It will make it easier for existing users but it's not something anyone is going to be able to promote without a deal with Google being struck.
    A deal seem impossible given BlackBerry encouraging piracy and bypassing Google play.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:17 AM
    you average customer isnt going to scour the interwebs looking for APKs to load on their device. The best thing BB can do is partner with Amazon appstore IMO to get access to that store
    danprown, bbq10l, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    11-13-13 06:09 AM
    I'm baffled by people who think this will help anyone other that the hardcore fan. It's great for people on CB, but no one else. The Verizon rep isn't going to use this as a reason to sell BB phones.
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    11-13-13 07:40 AM
    10.2.1.xxx and it's unlocked (really unlocked) runtime and the abilty to load APK direclty from a couple of Andorid Apps stores is GREAT!

Doesn't really mean much for consumers... the overall OS is still very inmature and buggy and let's face it 10.2.1.xxx is not coming before Christmas in any official capacity to the masses. Note sure Verizon users will get 10.2.0.xxx - have to assume that with the Z30 they'll give Z10 and Q10 owners something official... but it won't be 10.2.1.xxx.

Never mind that BlackBerry is not see as a consumer device these days. Very few stores even stock them anymore here in the US, and they sure aren't being used in any carrier or retail stores advertising.
    11-13-13 04:01 PM
    Has anyone else had problems loading APK files? I keep getting "Installer has timed out." messages.
    11-14-13 09:31 PM
    It will take more than a few tweeks to existing hardware and software to revive BB from the bottom of the pile.
    They can't go much further down than fourth place out of four (Apple, Samsung, MS ... BB)
    It WILL take a major user (like a government) to make a commitment and give a big order.
    11-14-13 09:45 PM

Doesn't really mean much for consumers...
    An OS upgrade is yaaawn to the consumers
    11-14-13 09:47 PM
    10.2.1.xxx and it's unlocked (really unlocked) runtime and the abilty to load APK direclty from a couple of Andorid Apps stores is GREAT!

Doesn't really mean much for consumers... the overall OS is still very inmature and buggy and let's face it 10.2.1.xxx is not coming before Christmas in any official capacity to the masses. Note sure Verizon users will get 10.2.0.xxx - have to assume that with the Z30 they'll give Z10 and Q10 owners something official... but it won't be 10.2.1.xxx.

Never mind that BlackBerry is not see as a consumer device these days. Very few stores even stock them anymore here in the US, and they sure aren't being used in any carrier or retail stores advertising.
    I thought that the 30 comes with 10.2?

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-14-13 09:52 PM
    I thought that the 30 comes with 10.2?

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    it does but it doesnt mean that the q10/z10 will see a 10.2 update before the end of the year even
    11-14-13 10:04 PM
    Won't make a difference. Wake up. Android apps on BB10 is great for users like us - but is meaningless to those who are already with Android.
    It is not the reason anyone will change. It's a nice "bonus" to those who go with BB10. You need to understand that the average NA user out there doesn't even know BBRY is still in existence. To them, it's Apple or Android. Period.
    gg22, dalinxz and kfh227 like this.
    11-14-13 11:06 PM
    The app situation is instantly better with the new leak, and I'm on a Q5 I imagine compatibility with the Zs are much better. As for installs timing out just close the error box and it usually gets going from my experience

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:13 PM
    The app situation is instantly better with the new leak, and I'm on a Q5 I imagine compatibility with the Zs are much better. As for installs timing out just close the error box and it usually gets going from my experience

Posted via CB10
    actually i am see lots of issues. Many app are closing or not scaling to the screen correctly
    11-15-13 11:03 AM
    Best chance is OTA update coming with an Amazon app store deal. It looks like the Google thing was much ado about nothing...

How is any salesperson going to attract average consumers with words like "leaks," "APK," "crackberry," "10.2.1.29394.XXX.YY.ZZZ," "MEGA," "something torrent something"... It all just screams bush league haxxor to an average consumer. Not where you want to position a mobile phone
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    11-15-13 11:26 AM
    An OS upgrade is yaaawn to the consumers
    I use to agree with your statement until the day that ios7 was announce
    and also various android update(jelly bean, kit kat)
    11-15-13 12:14 PM
    actually i am see lots of issues. Many app are closing or not scaling to the screen correctly
    Which is presumably why the developers chose not to port their Apps to BB10 in the first place - as it involved changes (i.e. development effort) to their Apps to support BB's differences.
    11-16-13 08:10 AM
    That's unfortunate, I was really thinking of picking up a Z10 just for some full-screen goodtimes but maybe I'll hold off a bit, wait to see just how much of this runtime is gonna work. Judging by the jump from 10.1 to this I'm totally stoked!!!

Posted via my Q5 and loving 10.2.1.1055
    11-16-13 08:25 PM
    Won't make a difference. Wake up. Android apps on BB10 is great for users like us - but is meaningless to those who are already with Android.
    It is not the reason anyone will change. It's a nice "bonus" to those who go with BB10. You need to understand that the average NA user out there doesn't even know BBRY is still in existence. To them, it's Apple or Android. Period.
    Agree if it is business as usual going forward. A big change in advertising is needed. The solution could be the super bowl.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:38 PM
    I've been using 1056 since it was leaked. Initially it was having some issues with the Android apps, but they seem to have fixed themselves. I don't think this os is buggy or i would have gone back as my tolerance on a daily basis for issues is pretty low. Actually it's by far the best since launch and ive used pretty much all of them. Not saying that will help sales at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:31 AM
    Agree if it is business as usual going forward. A big change in advertising is needed. The solution could be the super bowl.
    Ahh... presumably better executed than the last time?

BB CEO: "Let's drop a few million on a SuperBowl Ad to show the world that BlackBerry is BACK!!! .... then, a few months later, we'll actually release the new product."

BB Minion: "Great idea TH, I can see why you are our for-ever leader!"

11-19-13 01:17 PM
    Ahh... presumably better executed than the last time?

BB CEO: "Let's drop a few million on a SuperBowl Ad to show the world that BlackBerry is BACK!!! .... then, a few months later, we'll actually release the new product."

BB Minion: "Great idea TH, I can see why you are our for-ever leader!"

It needs to be more like the bud bowl than my dog dragging it's *** across my carpet.

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-20-13 09:32 AM