Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Does anyone know how to unlock the locked Preloaded Wallpaper images on a BB Style 9760? To me, they are totally useless as I make my own. Thanks!
    06-19-11 10:29 AM
    You can't "unlock" them. And if they are "totally useless" to you why do you want to unlock them?

Just install a Screen Capture application such as CaptureIt and do a screenshot of the image you want.
    06-19-11 10:52 AM
    I would imagine so they can try and delete them. My guess any ways. I wish RIM would give us the option of keeping them or deleting them myself.
    06-19-11 11:09 AM
    The wallpaper pics on my 9760 are not something that I would ever use which is why they are useless to me. Simply put, I just don't like them. I take pictures, edit them to fit what I like, then upload them to either my phone or my selection of wallpaper choices on my PC.
    It is more fun using and editing my own pics rather than someone else's. I enjoy nature pics, pics of water, woods, and anything that I consider interesting, also anything else I can find that could be considered unusual.
    Pics taken in an instant can usually produce interesting effects. This is why I would like to find a way to unlock those pics and delete them. They are a preplanned setting and very generic.
    06-19-11 12:03 PM
    You can use BB Boss OS Shrinker to delete the preloaded wallpapers. They are the "default backgrounds".
    06-19-11 12:22 PM
    Ok. Well, personally, I just ignore them. They don't interfere with the rest of my pictures.

You might try shrinking them out of the OS and reloading the OS to the device. Not sure if you can do that with the current OS versions, though.
    06-19-11 12:22 PM
    Ok. Well, personally, I just ignore them. They don't interfere with the rest of my pictures.

You might try shrinking them out of the OS and reloading the OS to the device. Not sure if you can do that with the current OS versions, though.
    BB Boss allows one to do a "direct shrink on phone".

It is also possible to use BBSAK. The COD you want to delete is net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_backgrounds.
    Last edited by lak611; 06-19-11 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added link
    06-19-11 12:24 PM
    You can't unlock them, as far as I know. I recommend just ignoring them. I don't think they take up significant space.
    06-19-11 12:29 PM
    I'm having the same problem and I havn't found anything usfull to delet the damn photos from a playbook. they bother the hell out of me.
    04-29-14 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD