I bought the invisible shield and the otterbox. The Zagg came a day earlier so I put it on. Then I went to put the otterbox defender on and it would not snap shut. If I got the top to snap, the bottom would unsnap. So I called Otterbox and they said that it was so form fitting that the Zagg could be the problem. So, reluctantly, I began peeling off the $$$ Zagg piece by piece and all that is left is the batt door cover and the screen cover and the little skinny piece above the screen and it still doesn't work! Has anyone used them in tandem? If I got a defective otterbox and ruined my Zagg I'll be peeved.
    Thanks for any input.
    04-23-09 03:09 PM
    Holy overkill.

You're not taking any chances on your Berry are you?
    04-23-09 03:13 PM
    I put both on & with a little "force" I was able to get the otter boxes to close. It does take finesse to get everything to work together but it is do-able with patience & "force" to get the box closed to stay. Even have a friend who put both on his Storm & is very happy with the results.
    I'm sorry you were having problems.
    04-23-09 03:13 PM
    Were you just trying to use the IS and the Otter box or the IS and the clear membrane they give you as well?
    04-23-09 03:15 PM
    Were you just trying to use the IS and the Otter box or the IS and the clear membrane they give you as well?
    All 3. I wanted to have the IS for when I am not using the OB. A little extra is better than not enough right!? Especially when it's getting abused in the leg pocket of my bunker gear!

It almost seems to be getting hung up on that little fabric type piece over the ringer/speaker.

I can't imagine the IS is causing that much of a problem.

I did try giving it a heck of a squeeze and it just pops apart somewhere else. I don't know.
    04-23-09 03:25 PM
    You're going to have to ditch the clear plastic that comes with the OtterBox. One, cause it won't fit. Two, the Zagg will stick to the clear layer and peel off your berry when you remove the OtterBox. And yes, I've had this happen to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 03:30 PM
    All 3. I wanted to have the IS for when I am not using the OB. A little extra is better than not enough right!? Especially when it's getting abused in the leg pocket of my bunker gear!

It almost seems to be getting hung up on that little fabric type piece over the ringer/speaker.

I can't imagine the IS is causing that much of a problem.

I did try giving it a heck of a squeeze and it just pops apart somewhere else. I don't know.

You're going to have to ditch the clear plastic that comes with the OtterBox. One, cause it won't fit. Two, the Zagg will stick to the clear layer and peel off your berry when you remove the OtterBox. And yes, I've had this happen to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yep they will all fit together. you got great protection with the IS and now with the OtterBox, awesome protection id you ask me.!
    04-23-09 04:33 PM
    Well, I finally tore all but the screen protector off and then the otterbox snapped right on. Not that I had much choice because when I pulled the clear membrane that came with the OB off, the Zagg came right with it. It stuck to the membrane better than the phone! The screen protector did stay in place however it was still a challenge to get the OB membrane off without stretching it out.
    No matter how much I tried, the OB just would not snap around the Zagg.
    Wish I would have saved the money on the full body and went just with the screen. But after the OB is on for a while, I'll bet it bonds to the screen part and I'll lose that too. But, I figured the OB is pretty sweet so I'd rather have it than the Zagg.

I wonder if other brands of screen/phone protectors stick to stuff like the Zagg? Or maybe it is the OB membrane that is at fault.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

By the way yester18, what part of the world do you fight fires in? Paid or volley?
    04-25-09 11:17 PM
    Glad you got something worked out for your case.

I am in pittsburgh pa USA Volley 13+ years.
    04-25-09 11:22 PM
    wow, otter box and IS, is there a point to the IS with the box then
    04-25-09 11:23 PM
    Tell ya what, I have an otterbox on the way but bought a Body Glove case for my 8330 till i got the otter, I am keeping the Body Glove on it, It comes with a built in screen protector and is i would have to say one of the better cases i have ever owned.....I got mine new on Ebay for $13.00 they run $30 in the sprint stores,,,,,,,I am very impressed
    04-25-09 11:34 PM
    wow, otter box and IS, is there a point to the IS with the box then
    The theory was OB most of the time and just the IS on weekends. Seemed like a good plan but not so much. Oh well, love the phone and the OB is a little bulky but not the worst. It's not as cumbersome as I thought it would be.

yester18-I'm volley as well in Eastern Nebraska. 12 years in May. Time flies. Be Safe.
    04-26-09 11:22 PM
    Tell ya what, I have an otterbox on the way but bought a Body Glove case for my 8330 till i got the otter, I am keeping the Body Glove on it, It comes with a built in screen protector and is i would have to say one of the better cases i have ever owned.....I got mine new on Ebay for $13.00 they run $30 in the sprint stores,,,,,,,I am very impressed
    I might check the Body Glove out for the times when I don't want my phone to look bulletproof!
    04-26-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD