01-21-10 12:41 PM
42 12
tools
    This is a review of the:

What is it?
    The ZAGG invisibleSHEILD is a super clear, super strong, protective film that you put over your device. When purchasing, you can get full device coverage:

Or just Screen Coverage:

How many devices is it available for?
    Over 2,500. AND, if your device is not available, fill out this form and send in your device. They will pay for shipping, the invisibleSHIELD, and they will feature it on their website and make it available for purchase!

Did I mention the lifetime warranty?
    If the invisibleSHIELD is ever damaged while protecting your device, or you get a new device, you just pay the $3 shipping charge, and you have a new one on your doorstep in a few days.

Installation:
    Installation can be a little difficult, but if you follow the technics in video, it shouldn't be to hard.

My personal experience:
    This product really works as they say it does! I currently have it on a few of my devices, including my blackberry curve, and I'm ordering more soon! Heres a few pictures of my devices:

This photo really shows how there is no bulk. Remember that the shield on this device is on both the top and the bottom.

YouTube Videos:

Were to buy?
    Click here to purchase an invisibleSHIELD for your device.

Official Rating:
    Price: 2/5
    Quality: 5/5
    Looks: 5/5
    Warranty: 5/5

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll see if I can answer them
    Last edited by Brandon639; 08-26-09 at 10:30 AM.
    08-25-09 11:21 PM
    This is a review of the:

Official Rating:
    Price: 4/5
    Quality: 5/5
    Looks: 5/5
    Warranty: 5/5

Brandon, your price evaluation is just way off the mark. Zagg/Invisible Shield is a fine company and there is nothing wrong with their stuff but the bottom line is there are numerous companies out there all doing the same thing with basically the same exact film and Zagg is simply ridiculously expensive.

I've used Zagg in the past. I know all about their super secret military grade film secretly designed by the CIA for black helicopters. LOL. It's all the same stuff.

The only difference between Zagg and other suppliers is Zagg gouges their customers. When I price shopped Zagg and the competition, Zagg was like 400% higher than Best Skins Ever and there is simply no justification for r*ping your customers like that.

Zagg's staff can also be disceptive and dishonest when you call them.

The only real advantage Zagg has is that they do have a lifetime guarantee. But the reality is most people replace their cell phone on average between 6 and 18 months and Zagg's "lifetime guarantee" isn't really worth much on a product you'll only own for a year of less.

Zagg is ok but there are better options for people. Look into Best Skins Ever.
    08-26-09 04:34 AM
    Yeah, I completely understand my price evaluation was off. *edits post*

I cant say that I have used the Best Skins Ever, but I have heard great things about them! This is just simply my review of the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD. If I get the Best Skins Ever and find out they are better, I will gladly write a review for them as well, and mention they are better than the IS.

I've never had the ZAGG Staff be dishonest... I've actually had them send me $50 in gift cards simply because I asked for some to give away on my website.

And about the warranty, I've never tried it, but if you talk to a customer care representative, you might be able to fanagle something. Like I said, I got $50 in gift cards to give away.
    08-26-09 10:34 AM
    i had one on my omnia and i wasnt a fan. the corners started to peel and get dirt/dust under it
    08-28-09 05:16 PM
    i had one on my omnia and i wasnt a fan. the corners started to peel and get dirt/dust under it
    I had InvisibleShields on my BlackBerry 8300. And I had the same issue.

After getting my 8900, I also got 2 sets of Best Skins Ever and 1 set of the InvisibleShield. I've been using the Best Skins Ever since May. It worked well. No complaints.

Yesterday, mostly instigated by this thread, I removed the Best Skins Ever and applied the InvisibleShield for a DIRECT comparison.

Here are my observations so far ...

1.) The Best Skins Ever was MUCH faster and easier to apply. While Zagg gives you a bottle of spray to use to apply their Invisible Shields, the spray does not lubricate the skins in the application process the way that the Best Skins Ever soapy water process does and it easily took me twice as long to apply the skins. And because the InvisibleShield skins were far more sticky during application, the precision (fit) is not as good as Best Skins Ever. I also did not find the overall fit of the Zagg product to be as good as the Best Skins Ever product.

2.) Air bubbles are always a side effect of the application process. Within 24 hours, all of the air bubbles on the Best Skins Ever were gone or had become so small that they weren't a big deal. It's now been 24 hours and there is no sign that the air bubbles on the InvisibleShield are going away anytime soon.

Worse yet, when I applied the Best Skins Ever, it was in May and the temperature was in the 70s. We're having an "Indian Summer" here in LA. I'm in Beverly Hills where the temp today is right below 100. The warmer temps should expedite the curing process of the InvisibleShield and that doesn't seem to be happening.

3.) There are two spots on the back of my 8900 where the cut design of the film simply won't adhere to the bottom of the phone. This doesn't appear to be something that will get resolved in the curing process and it doesn't matter how long I hold down the film, it just won't stick down.

I'll live with the InvisibleShield for a week or two. I may just strip it off and re-apply my other spare Best Skins Ever if these air bubble issues on the screen don't get resolved. I firmly believe the reason the Best Skins Ever apply better is because of their soapy water application process which makes the skins more flexible duing application which in turn gives you a better installation.

Not saying InvisibleShield is bad but at 4 times the cost and with questionable advantages in product quality, I'd have a very hard time finding any reason to recommend that anyone use InvisibleShield over Best Skins Ever.
    08-29-09 01:49 PM
    I've never had the ZAGG Staff be dishonest...
    I had been a customer of Zagg first and didn't know anything about Best Skins Ever (BSE). I called customer service at Zagg and questioned them as to why their product was sooooo much more expensive than BSE.

First they pretended that they had never heard of Best Skins Ever. What a whopper that was. Then after additional probing, they admitted they knew who BSE was but that the BSE product was inferior. "OK, why is that" I asked. They had no answer. The call really got worse after that. I asked to be transferred to a manager. I relayed my experience to the Zagg manager and was sent a complimentary set of the InvisibleShield for my 8900 (the set I applied yesterday).

I can deal with a customer service person lacking knowledge but don't lie to me and don't get arrogant when I catch you lying to me.

Best Skins Ever's customer service staff was wonderful by comparison.
    08-29-09 02:00 PM
    I had been a customer of Zagg first and didn't know anything about Best Skins Ever (BSE). I called customer service at Zagg and questioned them as to why their product was sooooo much more expensive than BSE.

First they pretended that they had never heard of Best Skins Ever. What a whopper that was. Then after additional probing, they admitted they knew who BSE was but that the BSE product was inferior. "OK, why is that" I asked. They had no answer. The call really got worse after that. I asked to be transferred to a manager. I relayed my experience to the Zagg manager and was sent a complimentary set of the InvisibleShield for my 8900 (the set I applied yesterday).

I can deal with a customer service person lacking knowledge but don't lie to me and don't get arrogant when I catch you lying to me.

Best Skins Ever's customer service staff was wonderful by comparison.
    why does ZAGG say their skins are military grade? what does that even mean
    08-29-09 02:43 PM
    it means it's up to military standards, and the military uses it, which is a crock of BS.

I recently had to get a replacement ZAGG shield to put on my 8330 due to a replacement device. I was very impressed with the warranty replacement, however, a couple of days after I sent my old one back, they claimed that I had missing pieces, and would be charging me full price for the warranty replacement. I'm waiting until Monday to call them and talk to them, but honestly, what reason would I like to keep an old stretched out piece of plastic for? hopefully their CS is halfway decent, but judging by the posts in this thread, it doesn't look like it...
    08-29-09 03:05 PM
    it means it's up to military standards, and the military uses it, which is a crock of BS.

I recently had to get a replacement ZAGG shield to put on my 8330 due to a replacement device. I was very impressed with the warranty replacement, however, a couple of days after I sent my old one back, they claimed that I had missing pieces, and would be charging me full price for the warranty replacement. I'm waiting until Monday to call them and talk to them, but honestly, what reason would I like to keep an old stretched out piece of plastic for? hopefully their CS is halfway decent, but judging by the posts in this thread, it doesn't look like it...
    lol what piece of equipment is the military using this for? the littlest piece of dirt that gets under a corner messes it up. im just glad i bought it off ebay for half the price
    08-29-09 03:15 PM
    lol what piece of equipment is the military using this for? the littlest piece of dirt that gets under a corner messes it up. im just glad i bought it off ebay for half the price
    I remember seeing a video years ago saying that it was used on helicopter blades.
    08-29-09 05:05 PM
    I remember seeing a video years ago saying that it was used on helicopter blades.
    to protect from scratches?
    08-29-09 05:16 PM
    haha, I guess!
    08-29-09 06:21 PM
    Allegedly it's the same stuff that the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines use to coat the helicopter blades on their helicopters.

If I put an InvisibleShield film in your left hand and a Best Skins Ever film in your right hand, I'd defy you to tell the difference.

The only real difference is that Zagg/InvisibleShield is 4 times as expensive.
    08-29-09 08:23 PM
    Considering the speed that they whirl at, perhaps. Little rocks might cause minor abrasions.

My real guess is against water/corrosion. You're probably better off not painting helicopter blades and this material would likely be a good protectant against rust on the blades.

Someone should call the Pentagon and tell them that they could save millions buying from Best Skins Ever. LOL.
    08-29-09 08:28 PM

I recently had to get a replacement ZAGG shield to put on my 8330 due to a replacement device. I was very impressed with the warranty replacement, however, a couple of days after I sent my old one back, they claimed that I had missing pieces, and would be charging me full price for the warranty replacement.
    OUTRAGEOUS!
    08-29-09 08:31 PM
    Someone should call the Pentagon and tell them that they could save millions buying from Best Skins Ever. LOL.
    I'm on it!
    08-29-09 09:30 PM
    I got the BodyGuardz screen protector for my Tour. It was basically 2x cheap as the Ishield. Neither product had a 100% perfect fit (strange since Ishield had a perfect fit for my Bold). But I like the BodyGuardz material better because it's much more clear and isn't as sticky.
    08-30-09 01:19 PM
    Well, I purchased an invisibleSHIELD screen protector for my Tour. I installed it last night. I found it to be a frustrating experience. Try as I might, I could not completely get rid of air bubbles. I tried three installations, and did a better job each time. But still. I do hope they all disappear in time.

I had expected a thicker piece of plastic. Its surface is a bit "wavey", but this doesn't seem to affect the clarity of the screen. (The air bubbles do.)

At this point I think the clear piece of plastic with the tab that covers the Tour when it packaged is probably the best deal in screen protectors. FREE! At this point I'm wondering if I should have just left it on, even though it had lifted up a bit on one corner.
    08-30-09 01:25 PM
    Well, I purchased an invisibleSHIELD screen protector for my Tour. I installed it last night. I found it to be a frustrating experience. Try as I might, I could not completely get rid of air bubbles. I tried three installations, and did a better job each time. But still. I do hope they all disappear in time.

I had expected a thicker piece of plastic. Its surface is a bit "wavey", but this doesn't seem to affect the clarity of the screen. (The air bubbles do.)

At this point I think the clear piece of plastic with the tab that covers the Tour when it packaged is probably the best deal in screen protectors. FREE! At this point I'm wondering if I should have just left it on, even though it had lifted up a bit on one corner.
    I'm on day 3 and my air bubbles are still there. I'm going to let it ride for a couple more days. If there is no improvement, I'll strip off the InvisibleShield and apply the spare set of Best Skins Ever that I have sitting on the corner of my desk.

I've had a set of Best Skins Ever since I got my 8900 in May and had no issues with them. Any residual air bubbles after the install of BSE had gone within the first 24-48 hours.

I had wanted to use the InvisibleShields for a few weeks to do an exact comparison. I'll only be able to live with the air bubbles for another couple of days before I lose my patience with the experiment.
    08-30-09 04:01 PM
    I got the BodyGuardz screen protector for my Tour. It was basically 2x cheap as the Ishield. Neither product had a 100% perfect fit (strange since Ishield had a perfect fit for my Bold). But I like the BodyGuardz material better because it's much more clear and isn't as sticky.
    Have you any previous experience with Best Skins Ever and if so what was your opinion?
    08-30-09 04:03 PM
    Im going to have to buy some of these Best Skins Ever. Everyone seems to love them, and I have yet to try them.
    08-30-09 04:56 PM
    Have you any previous experience with Best Skins Ever and if so what was your opinion?
    I have no experience with BSE. I didn't want to use a product that didn't supply its own applicator fluid (BodyGuardz and IShield does).
    08-31-09 09:11 AM
    I have no experience with BSE. I didn't want to use a product that didn't supply its own applicator fluid (BodyGuardz and IShield does).
    BSE gives you a formula on mixing the tiniest amount of clear soap with water as a setting solution for applying the film. When I applied my set of BSE, I was impressed as to how easily the film went on. It was easily 1/2 the time to apply the BSE film as compared to the InvisibleShield film at least for me.

I'll also add that the InvisibleShield fluid was useless in creating any sort of lubrication process where you could apply the film on the phone and then have a few minutes to adjust the film before it set up. The spray water on the InvisibleShield seems to have no purpose to me. As soon as you lay the InvisibleShield film on the phone, it applies itself and is not flexible for minor adjustments.

I'll also add, that today is DAY FOUR after my installation of the InvisibleShield and there are still four unacceptable air bubbles on my main screen and several more on the backside of my 8900. Two of the four bubbles on my main screen have decreased in size by a tiny bit but they all remain distracting when you use the phone. Within 24 - 48 hours of my application of the BSE film, all air bubbles had evaporated. Please also allow me to note again that we are having a very warm heat wave in Los Angeles and one would think that the heat would assist in the evaporation of the air bubbles.

I almost stripped off the InvisibleShield last night and replaced it with a spare set of BSEs that I have. I decided to really see now long it takes for these air bubbles to really go away.

I really think the BSE is a much better product at a fraction of the cost.
    08-31-09 05:49 PM
    Im going to have to buy some of these Best Skins Ever. Everyone seems to love them, and I have yet to try them.
    Brandon: The film is really all the same stuff. Zagg/InvisibleShield claims their film is some sort of super CIA film for military spy use on black helicopters from a secret NASA formula designed by aliens from Mars but their claims are pretty much a joke.

Zagg ... BSE ... all the same stuff. Zagg just r*apes you on the price while BSE is reasonable on the cost.

I wouldn't waste your money until you get a new phone or really need a new set of protectors.

Whatever film you use in the future, I'd recommend that you do follow the BSE process for applying the film. They suggest that you add the tiniest drop of clear soap into a small cup of water and use that solution for applying the film. It works much better than Zagg's spray bottle.

I have no idea what is in Zagg's solution but my guess is that it's just plain water. It does absolutely nothing to help lubricate the film so that it's adjustable before it sets up permanently.

Zagg's spray device gets your film wet but other than that doesn't really do much to help you apply the film to your phone. BSE doesn't send you the spray bottle but following the BSE process, I was able to get the film on much faster and with a much better degree of accuracy of fit.
    08-31-09 06:07 PM
    ZAGG's spray stuff allows the plastic to slide, but only if you literally soak the plastic in it. I was extremely weary about doing it, and didn't for fear of drowning my berry.
    09-01-09 01:41 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD