So I was installing my Invisible Shield on my screen when I noticed a little piece of dust in the upper right corner. It was deffinetely less than two minutes when I peeled just that corner back up, removed the dust, and put it down. Now it looks horridly bumpy in the whole section, while the rest looks nice. Will the bumps/weird looking things go away? Or am I doomed? And I know the picture is horrendous, it was taken with an old phone. It almost looks like cracks, and bunch of tiny dots. Kinda.

04-10-09 11:52 AM
    Help. Please??
    04-10-09 12:04 PM
    i did the exact same thing and some will go away but not all of it.....it will defiantly be annoying....luckily my gf works at best buy so i get them....i mean she gets them for $6!!!!
    04-10-09 12:21 PM
    It may go away over time and it may not. I have installed countless Invisible shields and some still had imperfections in them even after months of use. I had the same problem as you stated here once. What I did was apply a little of the solution to the corner and then pushed out the excess. But the best thing to do if it hasn't been on too long is to remove and reapply the shield, then use either the tool that came with it or a credit card to take out the air bubbles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 12:25 PM
    It may go away over time and it may not. I have installed countless Invisible shields and some still had imperfections in them even after months of use. I had the same problem as you stated here once. What I did was apply a little of the solution to the corner and then pushed out the excess. But the best thing to do if it hasn't been on too long is to remove and reapply the shield, then use either the tool that came with it or a credit card to take out the air bubbles.

It's probably been 3 hours, I'm a bit hesitant to take it off, for fear that the WHOLE screen will look like that.
    04-10-09 12:26 PM
    YAY!
    I peeled up the corner as stated by ArmaK, sprayed some solution, re squeegedededed (not even gonna try) and now it looks like the rest! Still in self healing, but much better.
    04-10-09 12:29 PM
    These things can deffinetely take more "repair" than my Phantom Skinz.
    04-10-09 12:30 PM
    At least I think so.. You can see a bump line of where I stopped peeling it off. i HATE screen protectors.
    04-10-09 12:32 PM
    oh and you should see mine....i got an otterbox and i cut a square out for the screen from the rubber piece that it came with but some of it still layed over invisible shield and i took it off for some reason and the rubber acted like it was super glued to the invisible shield and like peeled it up a little bit now there the same kinda thing goin on with mine as urs
    04-10-09 12:36 PM
    oh and you should see mine....i got an otterbox and i cut a square out for the screen from the rubber piece that it came with but some of it still layed over invisible shield and i took it off for some reason and the rubber acted like it was super glued to the invisible shield and like peeled it up a little bit now there the same kinda thing goin on with mine as urs
    I know! It's so annoying! My Phantom Skinz bumps dissappeared mostly over night, so hopefully these will too!
    04-10-09 12:38 PM
    And great. I sprayed water in my speaker
    sounds a bit off.
    04-10-09 12:39 PM
    ya im gonna have to get a new one cuz mine isnt goin away
    04-10-09 12:43 PM
    Zagg offer a return/exchange policy. I believe it's $3.95. You send the present one back, and they send you a new one...
    04-10-09 12:48 PM
    hhmmm do you have to tell them why?
    04-10-09 12:51 PM
    It's probably been 3 hours, I'm a bit hesitant to take it off, for fear that the WHOLE screen will look like that.
    I wouldn't be afraid to take the entire thing off. I've done it a bunch of times when co-workers had to exchange their devices. The trick to removing the blemishes is to place it under warm running water. This will make the tacky side untacky for a few seconds allowing you to get off any residue or creases on the protector. Then you can place it onto the device after letting most of the excess water drip off without needing the solution they include. When you reinstall it, it should be wet enough to be able to slide into place.

04-10-09 12:53 PM
    I wouldn't be afraid to take the entire thing off. I've done it a bunch of times when co-workers had to exchange their devices. The trick to removing the blemishes is to place it under warm running water. This will make the tacky side untacky for a few seconds allowing you to get off any residue or creases on the protector. Then you can place it onto the device after letting most of the excess water drip off without needing the solution they include. When you reinstall it, it should be wet enough to be able to slide into place.

I'm gonna try it than! Wish me luck.
    04-10-09 12:58 PM
    hhmmm do you have to tell them why?
    Yes, you just tell the CS rep what happened and they will give you an order number. But this only works as long as you registered your IS purchase with them. If you ordered it online, it is instantly registered. If you buy it in a store you need to either call their 1-801 number or register it on their website.

The terms of the lifetime replacement guarantee are as follows:

The invisibleSHIELD purchase includes a lifetime replacement guarantee. We want you to feel safe and secure when investing in your digital life, and that you are confident the invisibleSHIELD is the strongest and most durable protection you will find. Purchasing an invisibleSHIELD will protect your investment for the life of your device. Proof of purchase and return of original product are required.

The Lifetime Replacement Guarantee is simply what it says: If your invisibleSHIELD ever becomes scratched, torn, or damaged in any way while protecting your device, we will replace the invisibleSHIELD at no cost to you, for as long as you own your device.

Per the Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, your replacement invisibleSHIELD is free! The minimum reshipping and handling charge is $3.95 ($5.95 for laptop shields) for 7-10 business day delivery and includes a free bottle of application solution. If you would like to purchase a faster shipping method, please ask one of our associates for more details.

04-10-09 01:00 PM
    LOOKS NICE!
    Thank You!
    04-10-09 01:04 PM
    huh i dont have the receipt so i guess ill just have to spend the $6 to get a new one
    04-10-09 01:05 PM
    huh i dont have the receipt so i guess ill just have to spend the $6 to get a new one
    if only it was only 6 dollars for everyone.
    04-10-09 01:14 PM
    if only it was only 6 dollars for everyone.
    I got mine for my storm for only $8. If you join their mailing list or buy it from their site, they usually send you codes throughout the year for a good percentage off the price. The last one I received was yesterday and it was for 25% off but it was only good for that day.

04-10-09 01:21 PM
    Using BSE/Zagg type screen protectors can be frustrating because it's really easy to see the small imperfections (fingerprints, dust specs) and you have to use water. The hard screen protectors are way easier to put on IMO. Just gotta watch out for bubbles. The BSE is great for the rest of the phone.
    04-10-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD