After trying a couple of options for my 9700 I tried the Zagg Invisible Shield, so far here's what I've got:

- The installation is tricky and the best option (if available) is let the Zagg vendor perform the installation.

- Follow the directions and let the shield do its "magic" for the 24hr period the vendor suggests, really, follow the directions.

- The shield is quite discrete... unless you look into the BB.

- The "orange look" is not an issue, at least for me.

- The sides and bottom are covered, just like that, if you somehow drop the device and it hits an edge, you will definitely leave a scar.

- The back protection is controversial, because of the texture of the leather in the back the shield looks awkward, it does not look that bad, but you will have an issue with it every time you look at it.

Overall I can say that if you try the Zagg option you might be quite satisfied with the result, on one hand you will have the original look of the 9700 which is pretty elegant and good looking; on the other hand if you are "picky" with details this option will not satisfy you.

Well, this is it, I hope the post is useful if you are in the BB protection method dilema.
    07-06-10 04:58 PM
    ya zagg definitely doesn't protect it from drops
    obviously
    however i love zagg
    and yes the best option is to pay someone to do it
    i paid 35 including installation for my iphone 4
    and it has warranty so i can go there and get it applied again
    07-06-10 07:28 PM
    Not a Zagg fan. I have owned Zagg and BSE in the past but I am sticking with the new ones I found at stealthguardprotectors.com. I got 2 full skins for $9.99 and they are better the the other ones I have owned.
    07-12-10 08:35 PM
    About 3 months ago I picked up a full bodykit to try. I'm not impressed. The bottom edges around the charging pod points are coming off, and a LOT of dirt is starting to accumulate around the edges. I've also noticed the side bits are starting to shift "upwards" towards the keys. The shields that are on my main four buttons are also starting to shift around.

I don't mind Zagg for the screen portion, but for the rest of the device - I'm probably going back to a BlackBerry skin. Right now, I'm takin off the ones on the main four buttons.
    08-08-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD