It scartches the phoneee!!! gunna have to buy a whole new bezzel and like add a thin layer of toilet paper or something. Looks 2 good to give up. Lame

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 11:19 AM
    Drop the case then. If it scratches your case then it's a failure. A case should PROTECT. YOu shouldn't need PROTECTION for your PROTECTION!
    03-11-10 11:30 AM
    It scartches the phoneee!!! gunna have to buy a whole new bezzel and like add a thin layer of toilet paper or something. Looks 2 good to give up. Lame

Lol, toilet paper! Funny stuff.

Not so funny bout the scratching though. I know if it was an OtterBox that scratched your Bold, they may have done something to help you, but from what I hear Seidio's CS is...lacking
    03-11-10 11:51 AM
    I have the Seidio Innocase II Surface and my chrome bezel is not showing any marks. I remove and replace the case at least once a day. I couldn't be happier with mine.
    03-11-10 11:53 AM
    What about the 3M plastic film (static stick) that you use on the leading edge of your car's hood? Maybe see if you can get that at a parts store
    03-11-10 12:23 PM
    >< thats a bad hit..
    03-11-10 12:27 PM
    I keep trying to warn people about this very thing from Seidio. I feel your pain. The Seidio Innocase II trashed my 8900 bezel.

If you are trying to protect your device from scratches, DO NOT GET A SEIDIO CASE. They selectively stand behind their products, meaning if you are active on the forums, you will be taken care of. If you are quiet, you're SOL.

Too many other options out there to take a risk with their products.
    03-11-10 12:34 PM
    Eghhh, its whatever imma get a new bezel anyways, only 25. But need a new screen 2, have one long scratch and then 1 short super deep scratch. LOL fml. Anyone know where to get a deal on the lcd? Cheapest I've seen was 125

03-11-10 12:42 PM
    I have the blue and black innocase and its never scratched mine. And I take them off all the time
    03-11-10 12:44 PM
    I have the blue and black innocase and its never scratched mine. And I take them off all the time
    same here garz, i switch between cases one a week (seidio innocase II and case-mate hybrid) both cases never scratched my phone...
    03-11-10 01:55 PM

Please clarify something, do you normally carry your phone in your pocket or something?

I have had 3 Seidio cases (currently Innocase II Surface for 9700) and I've never had a problem. I just removed the case and checked the chrome bezel, not a scratch. Im thinking if you carry the phone in your pocket and some lint or dust gets into into the sleeve somehow. I use belt clip so I don't have that issue.

I've trashed several phones in the past once I switched to blackberry I began using cases. The generic BS plastic sleeve did nothing for me, so far Seidio cases have have done their job. I usually trade my old phones for cash and they look practically new, the cases are trashed, but the phone itself is in great shape.
    03-11-10 01:56 PM
    otterbox commuter case = perfect
    03-11-10 02:24 PM
    Im thinking if you carry the phone in your pocket and some lint or dust gets into into the sleeve somehow. I use belt clip so I don't have that issue.
    Actually for me, there were areas in in the Seidio case that seemed to be slightly defective on the interior side of it. You could see where it became shiney from rubbing on the bezel. Not noticible prior to causing the damage, but after using it for a while, it was obvious what happened.

It seems since the majority of their cases are ok, they don't feel the need to address the ones that are not. Maybe it's their quality control? Whatever it is, you don't really hear of other cases having these issues. I'm sure some people have great luck with Seidio, but for the ones that don't, it's a shame how their CS treats them.

Some Pics. Not sure what I did with the others at the bottom of the phone, but here's the damge on the side of the bezel.

FWIW, I used an Incipio Feather after discovering the damage caused by the Seidio Innocase II, and no further damage was incurred. Same phone, same pockets, same conditions. Most definitely not the conditions, but the case itself caused the damage.
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 03-11-10 at 05:17 PM.
    03-11-10 05:13 PM
    I've had an Innocase II on my Tour for about 5 months, no scratches or anything. So far I'm loving the case, give the phone a great feel and easy one-hand use.
    03-11-10 09:22 PM
    I have an Inno II, which I love. I have scratches...not on the chrome bezel but the black part of the housing....just to the left of the BB logo. I assume that some lint or something had gotten under there and caused the scratching.

But I basically always keep my case on all the time. So, for me, it's no big deal. As long as the case protects me from drops and the like, then I am happy.
    03-12-10 07:45 AM
    Pretty sure you shouldn't be getting scratches on the bezel while the case is on, regardless of how you are carrying the phone (unless you're pouring sand in the case...).

I wouldn't buy another case from them ever again after that. It defeats the entire purpose. I don't pay money for something to prevent phone damage that ends up scratching my phone.
    03-12-10 06:53 PM
    I've had my Sedio case on my curve since last year June and not a scratch yet. I take my case off nightly to put it in the charging pod. The only problem I had was the top corner of the case chipped off where it clips together. My Verizon rep replaced it for free for me as being defective.
    03-12-10 07:10 PM
    I have the Innocase II as well and have not had any issues with case scratching my phone. I also have a BSE full body skin on my device so I would imagine this prevents any possible scratching. I would recommend installing a skin on your device an putting the Innocase II on top of the skin for added protection and scratch resistance.
    03-13-10 08:16 AM
    I have the Innocase II as well and have not had any issues with case scratching my phone. I also have a BSE full body skin on my device so I would imagine this prevents any possible scratching. I would recommend installing a skin on your device an putting the Innocase II on top of the skin for added protection and scratch resistance.
    Yes, this sounds like great advice. Before using a Seidio Innocase II, install a skin on your device to protect it from the protection. Now this I likes!
    03-13-10 10:11 PM
    I also have scratches on the bezel from the innocase 2, but it's so small, it doesn't bother me.

My issue:
    I've had two cases that have cracked right where you connect the two pieces together. It's incredibly annoying. Seidio replaced the first one free of charge, but said there is nothing they can do for the second time. I've had it a while, so I can respect their decision, but I wouldn't buy the innocase 2 again. I think I'll go back to the original innocase or check out the case-mate.
    03-22-10 11:46 PM
    Same here. I use mine on the BOLD 9700 without a problem. Its my favorite case so far. Protects the phone while showing off the sex appeal of the tech.
    03-23-10 05:01 AM
    Just switched to the Case-mate Hybrid. Now that the Seidio Innocase II is off the phone, I can see how badly the case scratched the bezel. Now it's annoying :-)

I would still recommend the cases, but only because I love Seidio's holsters.
    03-25-10 04:04 PM
    Yep, had the same scratching issue on the top piece of my 9630 to the left and right of the BB logo. When I opened the case, some little bits of dirt or pocket lint or something fell out so that might have contributed to the scratching.

It's not deep scratches but defintely annoying to see. Decided to leave the case off for now and i'll have to buy a replacement top cover.

It's a shame I really liked that case otherwise. They should have put the little felt covering in that part of the case as well.
    04-01-10 10:11 AM
    everytime I take my innocase off the phone, I wipe the phone down and air blow the case with an air can...to make sure no dust or dirt particles get stuck in there...seems a little much, but haven't got a scratch yet I'm pretty OCD about my phone...the smallest scratch and I'll run out and buy a new one...thats what happened with my curve...I had one small scratch on the screen (from my diamond earring) and I went and bought a new curve and gave the scratched one to my best friend...which started her crackberry adddiction
    04-11-10 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD