I have searched for this and can't seem to bring anything up.

Does anyone know of a boom wired headset with a 3.5mm plug that will work with the curve? A lot of the wired sets come with a 2.5mm plug. I want to use a wired headset when I'm at my desk as I feel that bluetooth is unnecessary if you aren't moving around or in the car. As well as the sound can suffer.

I want a boom because I want to feel like I'm talking into something and don't want to hold that little mic knub up on the wire to my mouth, negating the effectiveness of being "handsfree".

Anyone know anything? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to find, but it is.
    04-17-08 11:33 PM
    I suffered, with this, when I first got my Curve. Ended up giving up. Apparently, unless you can find an adapter that has an answer/end button you're out of luck. 2.5--->3.5mm adapters are easy to find, but without the answer/end button...don't work.

I've actually started getting addicted to the BT thing. Being able to talk in Ventrillo and take a leak, at the same time, is pretty cool!
    04-18-08 01:31 AM
    Why does the answer/end button on the headset not work if u have an adapter connected?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 07:58 AM
    Why does the answer/end button on the headset not work if u have an adapter connected?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not sure about that. I guess if you have wired headset with answer/end button it would work. From what I've seen, most of those type headsets are the earbud type? Never cared for that design, having small ears.
    04-18-08 01:27 PM
    you can put a 3.5 adapter on any wired 2.5 headset....

regardless of whether it has auto answer or not it should still work...

thats just silly.

-db

they dont make a lot of 3.5 phone headsets (or not as many) because its more of a music port size (commonly)...and MOST phones use 2,5 so most manufacturers use it..
    04-18-08 01:31 PM
    I use a Plantronics M175C corded headset and a 2.5 -> 3.5 adapter with my 8320 every day with no problems. I find the boom mic and noise cancelling gives much better voice quality.

Just my 2 cents worth..
    04-18-08 01:52 PM
    are there a lot of bears in arizona?

-db
    04-18-08 01:55 PM
    I felt the same way for years, found most BT ear pieces uncomfortable. Then I bought a blueant Z9 form Crackberry. Now I use the Z9 all the time! BTW, if you still want to be wired, try logitech, they have several wired sets with 3.5 plugs and a boom mike.
    04-18-08 02:16 PM
    you can put a 3.5 adapter on any wired 2.5 headset....

regardless of whether it has auto answer or not it should still work...

thats just silly.

-db

they dont make a lot of 3.5 phone headsets (or not as many) because its more of a music port size (commonly)...and MOST phones use 2,5 so most manufacturers use it..
    Tell this to my Plantronics wired headset. It disagrees with your assessment.
    04-18-08 02:22 PM
    I use a Plantronics M175C corded headset and a 2.5 -> 3.5 adapter with my 8320 every day with no problems. I find the boom mic and noise cancelling gives much better voice quality.

Just my 2 cents worth..
    Wish mine worked.
    04-18-08 02:23 PM
    Tell this to my Plantronics wired headset. It disagrees with your assessment.
    really?

it doesnt work at all or the answer button doesnt work...

i have two headsets that have answer buttons and both of them run on my 2.5-3.5 adapter...

-db

maybe you got a bad one?
    04-18-08 02:26 PM
    really?

it doesnt work at all or the answer button doesnt work...

i have two headsets that have answer buttons and both of them run on my 2.5-3.5 adapter...

-db

maybe you got a bad one?

It doesn't have an answer/end button I can listen to videos and music from the berry on it, just not take or make calls.
    04-18-08 02:29 PM
    are there a lot of bears in arizona?

-db
    LOL. At least one...
    04-18-08 03:01 PM
    So, did you find a corded headset to use with your Curve? I have a Curve 8330, and all the compatibility checkers say that the Plantronics M175c and the UmeVoice Boom mics are incompatible. I have a Bose in ear headset, and it's great for listening to music, but folks receiving calls from me say the sound is inconsistent. I think a boom mic will help. Am also considering a speaker phone for car and office use. Anyone else ahead of me on this search that could point me in the right direction?
    01-14-10 09:03 AM
    I have searched for this and can't seem to bring anything up.

Does anyone know of a boom wired headset with a 3.5mm plug that will work with the curve? A lot of the wired sets come with a 2.5mm plug. I want to use a wired headset when I'm at my desk as I feel that bluetooth is unnecessary if you aren't moving around or in the car. As well as the sound can suffer.

I want a boom because I want to feel like I'm talking into something and don't want to hold that little mic knub up on the wire to my mouth, negating the effectiveness of being "handsfree".

Anyone know anything? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to find, but it is.
    After 10 months of searching, I found a headset today. It works with my Tour--don't know why it would not work with the Curve. It is a RocketFish, found at BestBuy. $15/can't beat the deal. BTW, I have gotten 3 adapters (3.5 to 2.5mm)--none of them worked, even the OEM Blackberry. I was really frustrated. And could find no help from anyone. Hope you see this post & it helps.
    11-03-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD