Hey! just got my new S2...but it's rather exposed. I've already ordered the leather holster...did anyone get something else to go with it? I ordered some screen protectors too.
    Will a s2 with a skin still fit in the holster? I need something with a belt clip.
    Thanks!
    11-13-09 09:52 AM
    Most holsters are meant for the phone and no skins. Nowadays the holsters are magnetic so that the phone is put on standby. Skins prevent this.
    11-13-09 09:56 AM
    I had the leather BB holster with PhantomSkin and it worked great. Probably wont work with the silicone skins.
    11-13-09 09:58 AM
    I am using the OEM toploading holster I used with my S1. Got it off Amazon for about six bucks. They claim it's lambskin, but I don't think so. It has held up just fine over the last year, has the magnet to put the device to sleep and has a secure magnetic flap. Belt clip is very secure.

I also had my S1 covered in Ghost Armor which I really really liked. GA is thin enough that it doesn't cause a significant problem with the holster (plenty of room) or the bedside stand (a little tight). The GA is great since it minimizes fingerprints and skin oils on the screen. Very little orange peel which can be very noticable with some of the other skins.

I'm selling my S1, so I just stripped off the GA skin. The phone looks brand freakin new. I've ordered the kit for my S2 and trying not to scratch the phone before I receive it.

Note: By "skin", I assume you are referring to the Ghost Armor, Invisisheild and other skin coverings. Not a case or removable silicone case.
    Last edited by richs10; 11-13-09 at 10:10 AM.
    11-13-09 10:01 AM
    Most holsters are meant for the phone and no skins. Nowadays the holsters are magnetic so that the phone is put on standby. Skins prevent this.
    I respectfully disagree with your last line. I've never heard of any skin interfering with the magnet/standby operation. Certainly not my experience with Ghost Armor and never heard anyone else say this.
    11-13-09 10:03 AM
    I respectfully disagree with your last line. I've never heard of any skin interfering with the magnet/standby operation. Certainly not my experience with Ghost Armor and never heard anyone else say this.
    No worries, it's good to know that some holsters will work with skins. My does not, i have the OEM one and i assumed it was the case accross the board. Thanks for the comment
    11-13-09 10:13 AM
    I have a similar question to this. Is there any horizontal case that will work with a silicone case on the storm ? I'm not concerned about the sleep feature just the ease of pulling out the phone and putting it back in.
    11-13-09 11:32 AM
    Excellent, I'll look into these, thanks gents! yeah, I was over-simplifying skins and silicon cases. Thanks!
    11-13-09 11:51 AM
    Use the OEM BlackBerry Bold or 8800 leather case. It will work with any hard type case like Seidio Innocase 2 or Icipio feather. I've been doing this for 1 year without any issues. Im using my Storm 2 with that blue VZW snap on case and my 8800 holster still.
    11-13-09 12:27 PM
    There is no way that silicone, or any other skin for the S2 would interfere with the magnetic field of the magnet in the holster. The magnetic field would still penetrate the silicone, or whatever else you put on it.
    11-13-09 02:07 PM
    Fonegear sells a horizontal holster with a magnetic closure that works with my S2 and the Otterbox Commuter. It also puts it into sleep mode. Cost about 9 bucks at walmart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD