So I was surfing around trying to find a good price on a car charger for my Motorola H695 bluetooth headset...

and I looked on eBay, here and there, and found one for $14.99, not bad, but then I got to really looking at my Motorola wall charger and darned if the port for the charger head for it doesn't match right up with our Storm's jack!

...as in No. 2 being where the charging plug port connects to a mini-usb type jack exactly like the storm's wall charger.
    and of course my car's jack is identical to this wall jack which is currently all I have to charge my bluetooth.

My question is, can I use my Storm's auto charger to safely charge my bluetooth since the jack is identical?

I looked at the wall wart on the Storm's charger and the specs read:
    INPUT: 100-240V ~ 150ma
    50-60 hz
    OUTPUT: 5V 700ma

The Motorola's wall wart specs very similar:
    INPUT: 100-240V ~ 50/60 hz
    0.15a
    OUTPUT: 5V 550ma
    Maybe the output of the Storm (700ma) might be more than the what the bluetooth should get (550ma) or maybe that doesn't matter?

Any of you electrician/geeks out there know if I can safely charge the motorola or will it cook it and maybe even blow a fuse in the car?
    I would love to not have spend some bucks and it would be great to not have to have another power cord junking up my glove compartment. Not to mention helping to save the environment...
    Last edited by motrv8d; 04-02-09 at 12:24 AM.
    04-02-09 12:22 AM
    You should be fine doing that, just monitor it and see how it does but it's either it'll work or not, it won't harm your device/headset by giving it a try. The specs are so close to the same that your headset will probably notice barely a difference. I'd say give it a go
    04-02-09 02:33 AM
    Thanks Dave!
    I'll give it a shot...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:18 AM
    I charge my Jabra BT8040 with my Storm wall charger. Its convenient to carry only one charger for both when traveling.

Interestingly I can't use the Jabra wall charger to charge my Storm.

04-02-09 10:07 AM
    I charge my Jabra BT8040 with my Storm wall charger. Its convenient to carry only one charger for both when traveling.

Interestingly I can't use the Jabra wall charger to charge my Storm.

hmmm, I wonder if the Jabra charger puts out less juice?
    would you mind posting the INPUT/OUTPUT specs on your Jabra's wall wart?
    04-02-09 10:13 AM
    since its the car's battery current, hopefully it wouldn't fry the headset's circuits...
    04-02-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD