Okay so I went to BestBuy to purchase a case for my bold. The bold cases they had in stock were
    super fugly.. I looked at a case that caught my attention. It was the brand new case for the
    Storm. I checked to see if my bold fit in it and it fit better in the Storm case than the Bold one.
    With all that said I went ahead and bought it. I noticed that everytime I put my phone back
    in my case my screen turned off for a quick second. Its because of the magnet there.

Is this bad for my phone? Will it damage it over time with a magnetic field stuck to it? I love
    the case and would love to use it but not if it means ruining my bold for it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:32 AM
    The screen turned off because the magnet sets the device to 'holster' mode which is essentially standby. Many Bold cases (including the oem one) have magnets embedded for that reason.
    03-25-09 10:37 AM
    Oh I see, so theirs no damage effect in the long run from the magnets I guess. Also, when I place
    it in the storm case does that mean its in a holster. What I mean is, will it work right if its a
    Storm case?

03-25-09 10:41 AM
    Yes the magnet puts it into standby mode.

Your concern should be if the Storm case has a cut out for the trackball which I doubt.
    If your Bold came with a case, you'll see that there's a cut out (indentation) so that the trackball is not pressed when you insert it.
    03-25-09 10:42 AM
    No, my trackball is fine. That's one of the first things I thought of when purchasing it. It works
    out great though because when I slide the phone in it kind of lifts the material in the front of the case
    off the screen etc. I can't really explain it. You need to kind of see it for yourself.

Doesn't the magnet in the bold case and storm case differ? Their positions I mean..? I don't think
    my phone goes into standby or holster mode when in this case. Not that I need a holster mode.
    To me its pointless, I use the same profile all the time.

03-25-09 10:51 AM
    Okay so I went to BestBuy to purchase a case for my bold. The bold cases they had in stock were
    super fugly.. I looked at a case that caught my attention. It was the brand new case for the
    Storm. I checked to see if my bold fit in it and it fit better in the Storm case than the Bold one.
    With all that said I went ahead and bought it. I noticed that everytime I put my phone back
    in my case my screen turned off for a quick second. Its because of the magnet there.

Is this bad for my phone? Will it damage it over time with a magnetic field stuck to it? I love
    the case and would love to use it but not if it means ruining my bold for it...

Seems to be a cool case to me. Do you have any pics of it?
    03-25-09 10:51 AM
    Its nothing really special. I just really ended up liking it. I just took a picture of it:

03-25-09 11:10 AM
    I love the magnetic BB holster, I have it in an internal pocket of my shoulder bag. It's great being able to slide it in (fnarr fnarr) and have it turn off automatically.

I would also like to get some kind of protective skin for my Bold though. Does anyone know of a good quality skin that doesn't make the Bold too big to go into the holster?
    03-25-09 11:20 AM
    I still have the factory protection. Its starting to peel off from the edges though. I'm trying to
    keep it on as long as possible as I'm sure I probably won't run into a protection sticker set as
    good as this one. I've had my phone for a few months now so I'm surprised to even still have it.

03-25-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD