In other words, if I want a spare battery and an independent charger for the spare -- do I need to buy both of those things or will my old D-X1 charger charge the JM1 battery?
    08-11-11 12:32 PM
    I have never seen this charger but the 9900 battery is new and I am not sure if they would fit this charger.
    08-11-11 12:58 PM
    battery is brand new, wont fit any external charger you have.
    08-11-11 01:34 PM
    That's probably true but you're just guessing -- does anyone actually know? The form factor of the JM1 battery is allegedly very similar but slightly thinner.
    08-11-11 02:34 PM
    Also -- I have been looking online but nobody in the US is selling this battery or external charger, which is disappointing. I really need a 2nd battery and external charger from Day 1.
    08-11-11 02:35 PM
    That's probably true but you're just guessing -- does anyone actually know? The form factor of the JM1 battery is allegedly very similar but slightly thinner.
    im not guessing, the d-x1 and jm1 are 2 different batteries and the jm1 will not fit in a d-x1 charger.

and you can get an external charger, battery and cable from the blackberry website here BlackBerryJM1BatteryChargingBundle
    08-11-11 03:39 PM
    By the way, nobody I can find has this battery in stock -- Blackberry, Crackberry and a bunch of other websites claim to have it but all are out of stock. And the spare battery is useless IMO unless you also get an external charger of some sort.
    08-15-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD