05-31-11 05:43 AM
33 12
tools
    I hope Kevin or someone who has access to both cases can chime in.

I like the defender except for how it locks into the holster, it seems like if it snagged on something it'd go flying.

so im wondering if the Otterbox defender will fit into the seidio rugged holster? and if it fits, how well of a fit is it? I really like the seidio spring loaded lock holster.

Thanks,
    08-17-10 06:30 AM
    It may. I have a 9700 Commuter in a Seidio Innocase holster.
    08-18-10 10:00 PM
    thanks, i know the commuter fits perfectly, but i have the defender. was hoping the same.
    08-24-10 05:03 AM
    I have the 9700 with a defender case. I'm a police officer, so you can imagine the stress I pu it through. It has only popped out of the holster once or twice. One of the times was in a struggle. I found it under the perp's foot, not a scratch on it. Would like to see a more rugged holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 06:05 AM
    I just put my 9700 Otterbox Defender case in my 9700 Seidio Rugged holster. Fits like a charm. The over the top latch works great and it puts it into sleep mode!

Also I know that Otterbox did a re-design on the 9700 Defender holster in Late July. Something you may also want to check out. The new holster works much better! I will have to try the Innocase with my commutter as "felix1522" stated. I hope this helps!
    08-30-10 10:22 PM
    I ran over mine with a transport trailer. It lived. Search for 'Otterbox tested to the max'. I received a replacement case and updated holster. You really need to tug hard to unseat it from the holster now.

08-31-10 07:15 AM
    I ran over mine with a transport trailer. It lived. Search for 'Otterbox tested to the max'. I received a replacement case and updated holster. You really need to tug hard to unseat it from the holster now.

:O thats the greatest Otterbox story I've ever heard! We should start a thread.... My sister in law ran over hers in her Jeep, but it was on grass and only sunk into the ground. I had a defender on my 9530 and it was a beast, I downgraded to a commuter on my 9700 to keep the size down a little box. Gotta love the Otter Box
    08-31-10 07:24 AM
    pavementpilot, what is the diff between the old and updated holster? i wonder which one i have.

too bad they don't sell the rugged holster seperately, i dont want to buy the whole set.

also thinking about the commuter/innocase holster combo for a slightly thinner case.

i have to admit this defender is pretty gangster.
    08-31-10 03:51 PM
    pavementpilot, what is the diff between the old and updated holster? i wonder which one i have.

too bad they don't sell the rugged holster seperately, i dont want to buy the whole set.

also thinking about the commuter/innocase holster combo for a slightly thinner case.

i have to admit this defender is pretty gangster.
    I'll chime in.

The updated holster is almost as big a crap as the first one!! Its identical except it holds the otterbox a 'little" tighter.
    I have gone through 3 of the first ones, and still on my first for the updated. The updated one is still nowhere near what one needs to hold the phone tight as it will pull out if you get it even remotely hung up on a corner of some sort, or even jumping in and out of a car.
    I dont feel comfortable leaving my phone hanging there the way it does with this case. I am going to get a custom leather case made to fit mine.
    08-31-10 08:02 PM
    I'll chime in.

The updated holster is almost as big a crap as the first one!! Its identical except it holds the otterbox a 'little" tighter.
    I have gone through 3 of the first ones, and still on my first for the updated. The updated one is still nowhere near what one needs to hold the phone tight as it will pull out if you get it even remotely hung up on a corner of some sort, or even jumping in and out of a car.
    I dont feel comfortable leaving my phone hanging there the way it does with this case. I am going to get a custom leather case made to fit mine.
    this is the exact reason i dont feel comfortable with the defender holster, was hoping that a seidio holster would hold the defender, i guess the rugged holster will fit but it isnt sold seperately.
    09-03-10 03:12 AM
    this is the exact reason i dont feel comfortable with the defender holster, was hoping that a seidio holster would hold the defender, i guess the rugged holster will fit but it isnt sold seperately.
    sorry to bring up an old thread but what do u mean by it isnt sold separately and since i live in canada whats the best place to get this for cheap? had a body glove snap on for my 9700 and it was crap since the little tabs would break. went through 4 of them and then BG discontinued the case so looking for an alternative
    Last edited by surfguy17; 05-29-11 at 07:19 PM.
    05-29-11 07:10 PM
    I think i meant that the seido clip could not be purchased from the holster, since I already had the Otterbox holster.
    I stayed with the otterbox, I just dont leave it in the holster much, rather I put it in my pockets!
    05-29-11 07:56 PM
    sorry to bring up an old thread but what do u mean by it isnt sold separately and since i live in canada whats the best place to get this for cheap? had a body glove snap on for my 9700 and it was crap since the little tabs would break. went through 4 of them and then BG discontinued the case so looking for an alternative
    I have a couple cases for the 9700. What are you looking for?
    05-29-11 08:01 PM
    well i needed a holster basically or something similar to the defender/seidio convert (ruggged) combo. i have an otterbox commuter since the BG died on me that im using in an OEM pouch but dont like the pouch.
    05-29-11 08:16 PM
    Ok. I have a couple holsters here. Let me go check what I have. I used my otterbox commuter with bold 9000 oem holster.
    05-29-11 08:22 PM
    ok thanks. even if u have an suggestions on what would work for my situation lemme know. i live in ontario canada so i dont know if that would be a problem.
    05-29-11 08:33 PM
    I have a few Seidio holsters here. Do u know which type will fit the best for your case?
    05-29-11 08:34 PM
    well right now i have the commuter. i read the rugged holster is the one that works with the defender but i dont know if it works with the commuter
    05-29-11 08:50 PM
    Do you want one that fits the commuter or defender? I have one of each that should work.
    05-29-11 08:54 PM
    commuter because if i can get the holster for it i wont have to shell out $45 for a defender model
    05-29-11 09:00 PM
    ok. i will get that one sorted out of the three i have. pm me with your shipping info. i will find out what shipping would cost and let you know.
    05-29-11 09:48 PM
    from this thread what do u suggest will work from the ones u have? http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/fou...-today-416009/
    05-29-11 10:03 PM
    I have one that should work. If you want to send me a pm message and arrange shipping I will be glad to send it your way.
    05-29-11 10:30 PM
    its like a regular belt clip holster right? just snap the phone in and out?
    05-30-11 05:40 AM
    is this a good price? i've never used amazon before to buy things. worth buying?
    OtterBox Defender Case for BlackBerry Bold 9700 (Black): Amazon.ca: Electronics
    Last edited by surfguy17; 05-30-11 at 07:20 PM.
    05-30-11 07:18 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD