It's made by RIM. I bought a pod for the Storm and right after that VZW agreed to let me swap for a Curve. Altho I was a bit beyond the return period, the place I bought the Storm charging pod from (Blue Harbor via Amazon) has readily agreed to let me return the Storm pod since I didn't get to use it and swap it for Curve pod or other Curve accessories.

So I read here that some chargers cause the Curve to bite the dust. Is a RIM charging pod one that might do that? Or would I be better off just going for a spare case or something else?
    02-23-09 04:17 PM
    If it's a RIM charging dock then it should be ok.
    02-23-09 04:21 PM
    I have had no problems with mine. It's great not having to plug and unplug all the time, and it saves the USB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 04:27 PM
    Great! Thanks!

Now if I could just find a clock app for Curve like the Storm's clock. Sitting on a pod with a clock showing on the screen would be nice!
    02-23-09 04:40 PM
    No the charging pod wont do any damage. I think its actually better since you dont have to plug in the usb cable so often and risk damaging your usb port. The charging ports are what is known to get damaged.
    02-23-09 04:42 PM
    I have the 8330 Curve & my thought process was that if using the usb cable over & over it seems that the possibility of damage use greater than just sitting it down in the dock. Just the thought of the 2 contacts touching was by far less of an issue for me.

So far using the dock I haven't notice a difference. Plus it is nice and heavy feeling.
    02-23-09 05:03 PM
    Oh I hear that Tanker.

Probably 80% of my old phones eventually had goobered up charging tips from use (and I'm careful with my stuff). So am sure it could not have been good for the phone's port as well. Would hate for that to become an issue with my purdy new pearly pink curve.
    02-23-09 05:07 PM
    A little off topic, but still abou the charging pod...I was thinking of picking one up at Best Buy (on sale for $24 and it comes with the dock and charger)...how bright is the light that it projects and I know you can't turn it off, but is it possible to "not make it work"...I dont' think I'd want an annoying white light next to my bed at all times.

Thanks.
    02-23-09 05:09 PM
    A little off topic, but still abou the charging pod...I was thinking of picking one up at Best Buy (on sale for $24 and it comes with the dock and charger)...how bright is the light that it projects and I know you can't turn it off, but is it possible to "not make it work"...I dont' think I'd want an annoying white light next to my bed at all times.

Thanks.
    The light is not bright enough to notice or cause you sleepless nights.
    02-23-09 05:21 PM
    If its too bright just paint it or cover it with a piece of ectrical tape or something.
    02-23-09 05:41 PM
    endoxc... Yeah for me the light is too bright, but I'm kinda nuts, I have a towel over my head when I sleep! I like total darkness ! It is easy enough to just place something in front of the light or cover over the light with some kind of tape maybe.
    02-23-09 05:50 PM

Thanks.
    Ah! I have a $20 BB coupon just waiting to be used (was holding out for a nice btooth sale but have to use coupon soon). I could get the dock + cable for $4. Then use my credit from Blue Harbor to get that nice lambskin case I've had my eye on.

On a teasing note, some of you need one of these perhaps? (Nope, those aren't bikini tops )
    02-23-09 06:44 PM
    I heard Elvis used to put aluminum foil over his windows to block out the light. Hmmm

02-23-09 06:45 PM
    If its too bright just paint it or cover it with a piece of ectrical tape or something.
    That's what I did it was annoying the **** out of me

02-23-09 06:52 PM
    I also use the pod@bed time & usb port during day if needed-ive never noticed any diff's in chargin times. enjoy ur curve!

02-23-09 07:25 PM
    Pooka dot for me!
    02-23-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD