03-23-10 11:03 PM
27 12
tools
    I had a Curve 8330 and got comfortable with the pocket case that came with the phone. With my recent purchase of the 8530, I was surprised to not have the pocket case in the box. My Sprint rep gave me a new case for the 8330 and said it'll work. Why did BB not include a case with the Curve 2?

Anyone using a pocket case that is meant for the new Curve? I don't like the condom cases or the hard cases as I carry my phone in my front pocket 99% of the time...the old Curve case was perfect, but doesn't fit as good with the new Curve 2 size differences from the 8330 Curve.
    03-20-10 11:17 AM
    For the price you paid for the phone and it being an entry level BB you really can't complain. Go to bestbuy and get the Zagg Invisible shield.
    03-20-10 11:57 AM
    agree..curve is totally entry level...so to keep it price affordable we get the basic accessories..
    03-20-10 01:40 PM
    Personally I wish they wouldn't give a case with any phone. Since I buy a new case that I need for my particular work situation, for me it is a waste of money to get one with the phone. A case is such an objective issue, every person gets what they need and there are tons of choices available. Why not lower the cost of all the phones and let each individual buy what they need?
    03-20-10 02:22 PM
    I've never received a case with a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 02:57 PM
    I bought a pocket case specially made for the 8520/8530 at walmart with my phone. I love it, works great. I love the way the case wakes and sleeps the phone when you take it out/remove it.

03-20-10 03:05 PM
    I've seen a few phones with the invisible shields and they all look like they're peeling off on the corners, plus I like the phone to shut off when in the case. I'll have to check out Wallyworld...thanks for the help. That's cool that it has the magnet to turn it off once inside the case, I've wondered if aftermarket cases had that feature.
    03-20-10 03:37 PM

I got one with the Instinct and with both Blackberry's that I've gotten until now.
    03-20-10 03:39 PM
    I also thought that my 8520 wouldve come with a case seeing as my 8310 that I used to have did and so did my moms pearl. So I was surprised that the Curve 2 didn't but glad because I never used it anyways and I'm a vegetarian so I like knowing that I didn't contribute money towards a leather case. The fact that the phone was only $30 allows me to have a couple bucks extra to pick a case of my choice if I wanted one.

03-20-10 04:20 PM
    I also thought that my 8520 wouldve come with a case seeing as my 8310 that I used to have did and so did my moms pearl. So I was surprised that the Curve 2 didn't but glad because I never used it anyways and I'm a vegetarian so I like knowing that I didn't contribute money towards a leather case. The fact that the phone was only $30 allows me to have a couple bucks extra to pick a case of my choice if I wanted one.

I'm confused - what does being vegetarian have to do with a case for the BB?
    03-20-10 04:27 PM
    I'm confused - what does being vegetarian have to do with a case for the BB?
    LMAO.. I think he/she is associating Leather with Cattle..
    03-20-10 09:57 PM
    Here's the one I use. It's 8900 but it's a perfect fit.

Amazon.com: OEM Blackberry Curve 8900 Pocket Case Pouch Black: Cell Phones & Service
    03-20-10 10:28 PM
    LMAO.. I think he/she is associating Leather with Cattle..
    I'm still confused. I assume when someone says they are a vegetarian we are talking about eating food, specifically vegetables only. The cases, with the possible exception of the 9000/9700, I don't believe are real leather. So even cattle/cows aren't part of the equation.
    03-20-10 10:52 PM
    Have you experienced any of the battery drain issues with the case?
    03-20-10 11:12 PM
    Have you experienced any of the battery drain issues with the case?
    Battery drains are related to apps, data and signal.

The pouches do help a lil as they force the device to stand down - no bringing the screen to life on a bump - therefore, saving some battery.

But if your battery is running try sooner than 2 days, you should check the other variables.

Before I moved to my new appartment, I used to have my 8520 run easy 3-4 days depending on how heavy a use I'd make. Now, since signal is not so strong, battery life is down to 1-3, 2 average.

This must be your 1st BlackBerry then. They all used to come with a leather pouch before the 8500 series.
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-21-10 at 12:40 AM.
    03-21-10 12:36 AM
    There's an 18 page thread about the pocket case running down the battery on the 8900. I'm wondering if it happens with the new Curve as well.

03-21-10 09:00 AM
    Glad mine didn't come with a case. I bought the Otterbox defender and it is awesome! Great protection and a holster that puts it to sleep. Here is the site I got mine from it was the cheapest anywhere.

Otterbox BlackBerry 8520 / 8530 Curve Defender Case With Clip - Black -TheCellGuru.com
    03-21-10 10:31 AM
    Yes I'm a she! And I'm referring to the case being made of leather. As a vegetarin I don't eat meat or fish, I don't wear any animal products such as leather, suede, wool, fur, etc and I don't use products that are tested on animals. Sorry, shouldve clairified that that's what I was referring to. I think the BB pouches are leather. But either way I never used it so its a waste to me.

03-21-10 11:53 AM
    Yes I'm a she! And I'm referring to the case being made of leather. As a vegetarin I don't eat meat or fish, I don't wear any animal products such as leather, suede, wool, fur, etc and I don't use products that are tested on animals. Sorry, shouldve clairified that that's what I was referring to. I think the BB pouches are leather. But either way I never used it so its a waste to me.

That would make you vegan...

This should clear things up a bit...

Vegetarian and Vegan Information-Vegan Vs Vegetarian
    03-21-10 12:15 PM
    I have a mirrored invisi-shield that I got on the 'net for really cheap (I can't believe Best Buy wants $25 or more for a regular one!!! OMG I paid $5 for 3 mirrored ones...) and a Seidio case/holster that I think is the absolute best. The shield doesn't peel and was a perfect fit. With the 8530's slim profile, the case doesn't add much width to the phone so I can carry it in my shirt pocket at work without any issues, or I can carry it in the holster. Yes, the holster has the magnet so you can set the phone up with the holster settings.
    03-21-10 12:21 PM
    That would make you vegan...

This should clear things up a bit...

Vegetarian and Vegan Information-Vegan Vs Vegetarian
    Exactly right and that's why I was so confused. Someone who identifies themselves as a vegetarian does not mean they are a vegan.
    03-21-10 12:41 PM
    Knowledge is power, yo. My wife tried to tell me when we met that she was a vegetarian because she didn't eat red meat or pork. I had to explain that eating chicken and fish kind of blows that whole vegetarian thing...
    03-21-10 12:48 PM
    Yea, I got a free blackberry belt clip. I use the privacy protector and the seidio case....all in all my bb is pretty protected. The case fits around the privacy screen protector so I don't even worry bout the corners tearing off. My bb with the case was a lil big to fit in the belt clip at first, but after a night or so of letting it sit in the clip overnight it fits fine now

03-23-10 02:42 PM
    I was surprised when I upgraded from my Pearl to a Curve and there was no leather pouch in the box. My Sprint tried to sell me a pouch...uhmmm no thanks!! I found a cute purple case that matched my phone and it works great. While I was stuck in the ATL airport on Saturday I popped in the Blackberry store and purchased a black leather side pouch for work.
    03-23-10 06:14 PM
    I guess THIS might be the answer to the question rofl!

Black Soft Silicone Gel Skin Cover Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 [Accessory Export Brand]
    03-23-10 10:00 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD