03-05-09 09:29 AM
33 12
tools
    just a question. I see otterbox cases and things like that for $50 to prottect storm. however, the insurance will replace it for $50. So, why add bulk to your phone to protect something that will be obsolete in less than 2 years that if it does break you can get anew one for 50 dollars?
    If you need to place this post then maybe you should not own a storm. I think they need to give IQ test with the device. I have seen some pointless post, like this one.
    O
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by inichira88sm; 03-04-09 at 07:02 PM.
    03-04-09 06:59 PM
    I have not heard any change in the pricing either. But the insurance is not through Verizon. Its a third party company, Asurion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I maintain my company's cell account, and have had to replace a few Storms using Asurion. The deductible has always been $50, and they ship the phone overnight via FedEx. I always get my replacements by 10 AM the following morning.

Asurion's policy is no more than 2 claims in a 12 month period. And if there is something wrong with the replacement, they will send you another one at no charge.
    03-04-09 08:03 PM
    the insurance wont drop you, ive replaced like 5 phones in a year (not with the storm) with my dare. and i had no problem. and they dont know its only scratches when you call. and sometimes its a whole new phone not refurbished.
    03-05-09 02:18 AM
    oh lol this is good
    03-05-09 02:33 AM
    the insurance wont drop you, ive replaced like 5 phones in a year (not with the storm) with my dare. and i had no problem. and they dont know its only scratches when you call. and sometimes its a whole new phone not refurbished.
    And this is why the deductables are so high. Because idi0ts replace phones for scratches. I've only used the insurance once, for my broadband card.
    03-05-09 02:44 AM
    I just really like the holster and it wont fit in there with a cover on it. The phone is cool looking by itself. The silicon cover makes it hard to take out of my pocket. The Otterbox would make me not want to put it in my pocket. I don't want to buy a new hard plastic cover everytime I drop it. The GA, IS, BSE seem to be more work than I'm willing to put in to covering my phone.

Like I said before, I'll deal with a few scratches. It seems like with or without a case, if you mess it up enough to claim insurance then it wouldn't matter about the case anyway. (ie: being thrown into the pool, having it explode on your desk, your dog biting it and cracking the screen)

there is a side holster universal case that will fit with the silicon cover, or the hard snap on ones. the regular Storm side case one wont fit with the hard snap on plastic cases. its a little snug but that is a good thing when it comes to your precious BB Baby. LOL ;-) i have the green hard plastic snap on ones that verizon offers. it fits great with that case
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 03-05-09 at 06:30 AM.
    03-05-09 06:27 AM
    Replacing a phone once - $50.00
    Replacing the second phone - $50.00
    Replacing the next phone - $50.00 (that dust under the screen.. its a killer)
    compared to
    Otter box - $40.00 shipped (on the right website)
    Laughing upon entering vzw on friday night, because some kid's storms screen does not function, and he is mad because the "over night" shipping won't be received before monday. - priceless.

(I am opinionated about the otter box... I coach lacrosse. Try taking a shot to your phone pocket, taking it out to check if it is ok, then dropping it into a patch of really loose dirt. After all this picking up the phone and finding not even a scratch on it or the case, and no dust under the screen. What a great product!)
    Last edited by ahern090; 03-05-09 at 08:56 AM. Reason: missed a key point... sorry
    03-05-09 08:53 AM
    People say it's such a nice looking phone that you need to protect it... Then stuff it into some fugly rubber case. Kinda oxymoronic to me.

I'm not ocd about my phone or anything. I keep mine in a hip organizer for easy access and that's it. If it breaks, I have insurance. If it gets scratched (and it already has), I'm not not gonna have kittens over it.

It still stops people in their tracks when I leave it on the table. You can see waitresses in restaurants fighting the urge to touch it
    03-05-09 09:29 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD