08-12-11 11:30 AM
120 ... 2345
tools
    I will absolutely be getting a case for my new 9900 when i get it. I use and otterbox and a holster for my 9300, I've had it for just about a year and when I take the otterbox off to clean the device its still a 9.5/10. As soon as I get my 9900 out of the packaging an otterbox is going on right away. Working in cellular sales I see way too many customers coming into the store complaining that their device is messed up because it wasn't protected in a case. Its a small price to pay to make it last.
    08-04-11 09:30 PM
    Not even a chance I'd case this work of art. I'm just going to buy two, and I drop one, someone on CB will find a discounted one in the marketplace.
    08-04-11 09:38 PM
    Otterbox commuter, just like I have for my 9650.
    08-04-11 09:49 PM
    No question about it ... a leather OEM pocket pouch. Gives protection when not being used or in the pocket, all its lovely nakedness when in use, and the convenience of just plopping it in its charging pod by the night stand. I can't imagine having a BlackBerry and not taking advantage of BlackBerry charging pods ... they are the best & most efficient charging pods in the industry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 09:52 PM
    For me, it's probably gonna be a Zagg InvisibleShield and a pocket pouch.

I always find myself promoting Zagg skins. I've been using them since my first ipod, and have put them on every device since. You get tough scratch protection, without hiding the phone's beauty, and you don't have to take it off to use the dock.

Plus they've got a lifetime warranty.

[/pitch]

On the other hand, if Seidio comes out with a good innocase for this one, I may pick one up for those hard-use times (camping, etc.)

08-04-11 10:05 PM
    I will likely get the BB OEM pouch case with a good screen protector. no more holsters.
    That is what I will be doing too.
    08-04-11 10:10 PM
    has anyone wondered if it would affect the NFC capability due to the fact that the battery cover is the NFC reciever? i know there isnt alot of thing to test the technology with but its a mild concern.
    08-04-11 10:22 PM
    Not this guy, I work in some tough environments. Got to have my otterbox. As soon as verizon announces the phone, I'm getting the commuter. Have had one for the 9630, 9650 and I'll have one for the 9930.
    08-04-11 10:31 PM
    has anyone wondered if it would affect the NFC capability due to the fact that the battery cover is the NFC reciever? i know there isnt alot of thing to test the technology with but its a mild concern.
    if it's anything like the magnetic swipe cards buildings use for security, I would guess the cases wouldn't affect it.
    08-04-11 10:38 PM
    Buying this case I am... BlackBerry Bold 9900 TPU Case with Inner Zigzag Design - Clear Zigzag

08-04-11 10:40 PM
    I think in this case I'd get a case lol. It looks like a nice build and don't want to destroy it by dropping it once and possibly loosing the screens functionality. But my question is, will a case effect the antenna on the door? Still I can't wait for the phone

NJB23
    08-04-11 10:53 PM
    I am a holster guy myself. I have seen what happens to a phone pocket with change and stuff. No Thanks. My last 2 BB's are in mint condition.
    08-04-11 11:10 PM
    Although I'm all for the sheer nakedness of my device, especially one that's as beautiful as this one seems to be, I'm definitely going to opt for some protection because I'm worried about the glass screen. I use an iSkin for my 9700 - I'm hoping that they make cases for 9900 (probably like a smokey, see though color). If not one of those, ill go with one of the really thin, black Incipio ones. Either way, I'm gonna be sporting a screen protector as that seems mandatory as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait!

08-04-11 11:23 PM
    I will holster it when I'm at work and most likely Otter Box Commuter when I'm not. If the Otter isn't out close to release I will skin it with something to get it by until it is.

08-05-11 12:22 AM
    I am going to get the holster to carry it outdoors:
    Genuine RIM BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster for BB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Protect the screen and put the Otterbox Impact Case on for home use:
    Otterbox RBB1 Impact Case for BB9900 - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I like it that you can put the Impact case off and on easy.
    And YES I do drop my stuff from time to time, high risk because I carry my bb everywhere, and I mean everywhere in- and out-doors
    But the 9900 is too beautiful to put in a bulk case...
    You can save a fiver on the Otterbox case here. Otterbox BlackBerry Bold 9900 Impact Case / Black - Accessories Mobiles at Play.com (UK)
    08-05-11 11:13 AM
    Black Soft Shell case FTW! Use to rock the 9700 in an otter box case but really wanna show off the slimness and brushed steel bezel of this bad boy! Cannot wait!
    Last edited by vsharm01; 08-07-11 at 02:10 AM.
    08-06-11 11:54 PM
    Black Sooft Shell case FTW! Use to rock the 9700 in an otter box case but really wanna show off the slimness and brushed steel bezel of this bad boy! Cannot wait!
    I might be inclined to agree. I'm all about OEM accessories, and that one might possibly change my mind about being naked. Maybe.
    08-07-11 12:01 AM
    I think this time around, I am going with the OEM case along with a screen protector. I normlly order a hard case for my BB, but this time around I am sticking with OEM case for sure.
    08-07-11 05:08 PM
    Definitely using screen protector or a privacy shield, everyone's very nosy at my college .

But I'm still debating weather to use the OEM Leather pouch or just plain naked, it does look veeery appealing BlackBerryBold99309900LeatherPocket
    08-07-11 06:24 PM
    Definitely using screen protector or a privacy shield, everyone's very nosy at my college .

But I'm still debating weather to use the OEM Leather pouch or just plain naked, it does look veeery appealing BlackBerryBold99309900LeatherPocket
    Can't go wrong with OEM, but that case is way over priced.
    08-07-11 06:34 PM
    naked in a holster.
    08-07-11 08:54 PM
    Can't go wrong with OEM, but that case is way over priced.
    Yea I was able to find a similar case without the logo and better coverage, half the price of the OEM. I already received it and I am planning on making a review very soon. I'm debating on whether or not I should wait for the phone to be released :P
    08-08-11 01:44 AM

I was planning to get that OEM leather pouch as well as a privacy shield and a soft OEM case.
    08-08-11 02:31 AM
    I cannot believe how many people are going without cases.

In anticipation of a 9930 I removed the case from my beloved 9630. Gives a 'new' feeling to the old phone. But I never noticed how many little bumps a phone takes until I removed the case. Nothing major. No damage. But I wouldn't want to put a new 9930 through everyday use/'abuse'.

Now to select a new case...Blackberry soft case or otterbox impact (or even commuter)...or what about that gel case.... This could take a while. Hope the 9930 doesn't get released before I am able to research and make the decision. YES, I am kidding.
    Last edited by Mykl; 08-08-11 at 03:17 PM.
    08-08-11 01:16 PM
    I was hoping for a seidio case, I wrote them inquiring about products for the 9930 and here was their response

Hello Customer,

Thank you for contacting Seidio. Unfortunately we have not made a final decision on the development of products for that device at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 832-204-1118.

Thank you
    Seidio Online

I may end up using an otterbox, time will tell.
    08-08-11 08:03 PM
120 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD