I love the case. It does makes the phone bigger and heavier, and affects typng by limiting freedom on the keyboard sides, but it makes the phone seem pretty durable. I don't use the holster though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 01:36 PM
    I've got a otter commuter on mines, it protects it enough w/o adding bulk. I haven't noticed any weight difference and it makes it easier to type on keyboard b/c I get a better grip on the phone.
    04-22-10 01:56 PM
    I've got a otter commuter on mines, it protects it enough w/o adding bulk. I haven't noticed any weight difference and it makes it easier to type on keyboard b/c I get a better grip on the phone.
    I use OtterBox on my BlackBerry and iPods and I wouldn't trade them for anything. No, I don't use the holster either but that is just a personal choice. I find their products to be top-notch and with the time (and money) invested in my devices, the money is WELL worth it.

04-22-10 02:17 PM
    Bought one. Installed it on my phone, immediately took it off, repackaged it and
    shipped it back. I have no love for those things. Too big, too bulky and plain fugly.
    04-22-10 02:22 PM
    I just received my Otterbox Commuter case today, and I am really happy with it. It feels solid, but it isn't bulky - the 9700 still has the same weight / size more or less even with the case on. You still have access to all the buttons and LED display.

I picked up a Bold 9000 holster, and it's a good fit for with the case on.

The only drawback of the case is iff you like the shiny chrome / silver at the top of the 9700, that gets covered up with the case on.
    04-22-10 02:41 PM
    Yeah they have a few versions. I got the most buffed up version but I chose not to use the case. This one makes it quite a bit bigger and heavier but I don't mind it. My only complaint is the bridge for the screenprotector near the keyboard is very weak so with the silicone the bridge bends up by the axial force. Inessense its open like a pocket to collect dust which u can only get rid of by disassembling the case. I'd say for me its one of those money well spent things that are rare.

Btw is this assessories forum not offered in mobile mode?

04-22-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD