Seriously considering picking one up for everyday protection of the bold, any feedback from people using this case?
    10-04-08 09:34 PM
    That thing looks like it makes the bold a lot bulkier... The bold is bulky enough!
    10-04-08 10:08 PM
    I want to use it mainly for protection while I am at work. Are you able to put it on when needed then take it off when its not needed...or is it one of those cases where your better off always leaving it on.
    10-04-08 10:37 PM
    I wouldn't recommend frequent application/removal of an Otterbox. They will probably stand up to it, but the silicone layer may begin to stretch out. I agree with the previous poster re. Bulk. Believe me, a simple Otterbox can make an iPhone bulky......imagine what it can do to a Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 12:50 AM
    Alrighty, is there any other cases available that do not add excessive bulk?
    10-05-08 08:28 AM
    I watched a youtube video of the otterbox and it does not seem that bad, any other opinions?
    10-05-08 12:47 PM
    The bold otterbox doesn't seem that large imo. The curve one is a tank though.
    10-05-08 01:13 PM
    I agree, I would mostly use my otterbox at work or while travelling
    10-05-08 04:38 PM
    Hey, to each their own. I've had an otterbox for a Curve, an iPhone, and an iPhone 3g. The company said the 3g one was one of the sleekest, least bulky yet, blah, blah, blah......look all you want, the things are bulky. There is no way around it. You put in three layers; two soft, one hard, and you have yourself a unit that is significantly different than the one you started with.
    The Bold is no slim chicken by itself; an Otterbox for "everyday" use would definitely get in the way, unless you are an electrician, plumber, construction worker, or alligator trapper. Most of us don't need 'em. If you want, like, and/or use one, more power to you, that's great! Otterbox is a great company with a good product, just don't ever confuse it with "not that bulky". The two don't fit.
    If for any reason you don't believe me, just go to some of the online retailers and look at the number of "open box specials" they have. Why do you think there are a plethora of open box otterboxes around?

As for a good case for _you_, I suggest you buy several (with return policies) and rotate through them for about three-four days. You will quickly find out what works and what doesn't. For me personally, I'm a die-hard user of Seidio products, and their Innocase Surface/holster combos can't be beat for lightweight protection, tactile grip, and little to no added bulk. It will be nice when they come out with one for the Bold.

Good luck finding what works for you!

-E
    10-05-08 09:13 PM
    Be a man don't use a case!! I have tried a couple of cases and decide A. they hide the bolds good looks to much and B. they make it tooooo bulky.

Just gonna go bareback now LOL!
    10-06-08 04:12 AM
    If you're riding bareback, at least skin it! BSE, InvShieldz, BodyGuardz, whatever your choice, it won't hide the bold look!
    10-06-08 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD