01-14-10 07:00 AM
33 12
tools
    I just want to know how many of you all use a case for your Blackberry Smartphone?

I find that all the cases for the Blackberry devices, especially the Bold 9000 & Curve 8900 make the phone look big... The holster is ok but whn ever I receive a call its long taking it ut of the holster...

What cases do you use? if you use any...
    01-13-10 01:57 PM
    I have a 9700 and use the holster it came with.

But i use a Bluetooth head set... so it's one button push on the head set and answered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 02:02 PM
    I used the silicon gel case, but the lil rugrat at home bit and tore it apart. So I'm back to no case. The phone does look smaller and feels lighter

01-13-10 02:07 PM
    I don't have one for my 9700 but I have to admit that I think I need one. I just ordered some of those epskin? cases everyone is hyping about. They look good so I am not worried about the bulk.

01-13-10 02:09 PM
    I had one of those plastic cases, but that made the phone HUGE and took it off after about a week. Then I used a rubber case for a while. I stopped using it because it wouldn't slide into my pocket, and I found myself taking it off half the time.
    01-13-10 02:10 PM
    Do you know if there is like a battery sticker so the battery door cover doesnt stratch when you place it on a surface without a case?
    01-13-10 02:13 PM
    I use a Case-Mate Barely There case. It is a hard plastic case that truly lives
    up to it's name. It is no more than 1mm thick.
    01-13-10 02:14 PM
    I prefer the naked look and the holster that came with my Tour is awesome. My sister in law has a Storm with a pink hard case and I just think it makes the phone to big.

01-13-10 02:16 PM
    I have an OEM gel skin & I don't really recommend it. It's difficult to put in & take out of pockets & my cell phone pocket in my bag. The skin itself is very flimsy & has a tendancy to slip off.
    01-13-10 02:18 PM
    Using the case that came with the Bold does the job well but will probably look into the Epik case those look great.
    01-13-10 02:36 PM
    I wanted a case for protection but didn't want the bulk in my pocket. Silicone was soft but to rubbery and sticky when trying to put in my pocket so I tried one of these Epik resin cases and it works great. Thin enough that it doesn't add a lot of bulk but gives enough protection and really easy to slip in and out of my pocket. Plus they are priced really well. Got my second one on order! . Good luck.

Last edited by steviebigv; 01-13-10 at 02:54 PM.
    01-13-10 02:37 PM
    I use a plastic case that I bought when I first got my Storm but I'm waiting for my Vaja case to come in the mail.
    01-13-10 02:39 PM
  13. T
    I use the sleeve that came with my Curve. I love the magnet/sleep feature.

01-13-10 02:39 PM
    I had a gel skin on my Pearl and it was fine. When I got the Storm the gel skin made the phone way too big. Now with my 9700 the gel skins (all BB branded skins btw) is absolutely useless. I'm waiting for the Incipio Feather case now since it has a great look and being less than 1mm thick should fit perfectly in the OEM holster while i'm at work

If RIM comes out with a resin skin instead of gel then I'll probly try that out. See if it still has the same problem of becoming loose with usage
    01-13-10 02:45 PM
    Seidio clear case that is no more than 1mm thick. I got clear so I could see my bootiful yellow housing I placed on it.
    01-13-10 02:56 PM
    Just using an oem pouch I got on ebay for cheap. The silicone cases get way too much crap stuck to them.
    01-13-10 03:01 PM
    I use the OtterBox Defender on my Storm and am very impressed with it. I am tough on phones, and have found the 'Defender' to my liking, Yes, it adds heft, but I consider that a small price to pay to protect my investment. QuickPull works for my 'occasional' BP's, and, I haven't had to adjust Sensitivity settings for my Screen. Just my .02
    01-13-10 03:02 PM
    I wanted a case for protection but didn't want the bulk in my pocket. Silicone was soft but to rubbery and sticky when trying to put in my pocket so I tried one of these Epik resin cases and it works great. Thin enough that it doesn't add a lot of bulk but gives enough protection and really easy to slip in and out of my pocket. Plus they are priced really well. Got my second one on order! . Good luck.

I like the Epik cases but as I have a charging pod I hate having to take my phone in and out
    01-13-10 03:18 PM
    Do you know if there is like a battery sticker so the battery door cover doesnt stratch when you place it on a surface without a case?
    Zagg invisishield
    01-13-10 03:20 PM
    I use the leather pouch that came with my tour. Always stick on my belt!
    01-13-10 03:21 PM
    I just want to know how many of you all use a case for your Blackberry Smartphone?

I find that all the cases for the Blackberry devices, especially the Bold 9000 & Curve 8900 make the phone look big... The holster is ok but whn ever I receive a call its long taking it ut of the holster...

What cases do you use? if you use any...
    I also use the case that came with my 9700. Its great because its free.
    01-13-10 03:22 PM
    OtterBox Impact for Storm2 arrived today morning. Will review shortly.
    01-13-10 03:34 PM
    I like the Epik cases but as I have a charging pod I hate having to take my phone in and out
    True, but these epik cases really are pretty slick - I'll deal with taking it on and off.

I'll rock the belt clip in the summer and a skin in the winter. Winter=jackets and pockets. Summer=no jacket, less pockets
    01-13-10 03:39 PM
    I use a silicon gel case. Its pretty good. When I try to take off the case it feels like a completely different phone. I love my case.

01-13-10 03:43 PM
    I don't like cases because I have a charging pod. It is too much trouble taking a case off every night. Plus, I carry my BlackBerry in the OEM holster, not in my pocket.

01-13-10 03:48 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD