09-30-10 01:56 PM
53 123
tools
    never had a case, and never dropped it.
    09-21-10 03:04 PM
    Doesn't PhantomSkinz accumulate dust and lint around the edges over time? It irritates me to no end. I had it on initially and was ready to rock it without any case. Then I couldn't stand the lint and promptly tore everything off. I got an OtterBox in the end.
    I got a little bit of dust underneath the edge of the PhantomSkin where I had dropped it. As for the screen, it still looks as good as the day I applied it. I had an 8330 before my 9550 and had an InvisibleSHIELD on that. I got A LOT of the dust under the edge of the skin with that. I think PhantomSkinz is simply a superior product.
    09-21-10 04:19 PM
    Only one drop so far. Thank goodness I had an Otterbox commuter. Before I got that I suffered a hairline scratch near the mic just from putting it in my cup holder for half a second. I'm keeping my OB on! Not only that it gets lots of compliments.
    09-21-10 04:47 PM
    Bareback since day 1...she looks beat the F up...but not a problem.

It def wont get a good resell price...thats for sure.
    09-21-10 05:00 PM
    Had mine a year, and been naked throughout. Got some scuffs on the corners and sometimes, sometimes, the SurePress feels 'clunky & cheap' as if it's broke. But other then late...all good here!
    09-21-10 06:23 PM
    I've been going raw lately. Feels so much better without protection.
    09-22-10 08:02 AM
    I've been going raw lately. Feels so much better without protection.
    Yeah, it sure does. I actually tried PhantomSkinz before, but the edges do collect lint. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if these could be removed - but no, they remain stuck (tried to remove them with a blade) and it drives me crazy! I believe this is the case with most skin protections, but I've also read from some users that it does not collect lint.

I've since threw away my set of PhantomSkinz. Wonder if I did it wrong, or is it just expected to be like this?

Also I'm much more gentle with my S2 when it's naked. When it's in the OtterBox I could afford to "fling" it around, drop it hard on the table, slide it across the table... basically using it without any worries. I wonder if enjoying it naked was a good tradeoff...
    09-22-10 08:28 AM
    My first S2 had no case, from November through yesterday. It was pretty banged up and had two cracks in the screen (from a drop off a table). VZW gave me a new one under warranty, I will probably get a case for it. The Barely There looks like a decent choice.
    09-22-10 11:12 AM
    i use the barely there case !!
    09-22-10 11:15 AM
    Usually my berry is dressed in a case except just before bed when I get my berry naked and play around with it before going to sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 12:41 PM
    This sleek machine would slip right out of my fat, calloused hands. Gotta keep the Commuter on it!
    09-22-10 04:33 PM
    No case here. I've tried all of them that have came into the store:Otterbox, Body Glove, countless 3rd party cases and only two met my needs. Sad part was that every one of them either took off paint or chrome. Good thing it was my work BB and not my personal. It's been replaced since then. So now I don't use a case, only a Tour pouch.
    09-22-10 06:10 PM
    ...it fell out of my pocket as I was getting out of my truck and I slammed the door at the perfect(or not) time and it crushed it...
    LOL. Exact same thing happened to me with a pair of Raybans.
    09-22-10 10:11 PM
    I've been using my S2 since January with no case and no screen protector. Carry it in a holster.
    One very small nick on the bezel to show for it.
    09-22-10 10:13 PM
    I dropped my S2 off a table today.

Glad I had my OtterBox on. Guess I'll never be able to go naked on the S2, I'm just too clumsy for it.

Anyway to keep the discussion going, some people say that the phone is "just a tool" and there's no point in protecting it. How far do you agree with that? Personally, I would say if it's a tool, all the more I would protect it! It's my PA, holds all my appointment schedules, e-mails, tasks.. I rely on way too much to have it break on me.
    09-23-10 06:01 AM
    So far so good - the S2 is still naked.
    09-23-10 07:11 AM
    I dropped my S2 off a table today.

Glad I had my OtterBox on. Guess I'll never be able to go naked on the S2, I'm just too clumsy for it.

Anyway to keep the discussion going, some people say that the phone is "just a tool" and there's no point in protecting it. How far do you agree with that? Personally, I would say if it's a tool, all the more I would protect it! It's my PA, holds all my appointment schedules, e-mails, tasks.. I rely on way too much to have it break on me.
    I originally didn't go with the case because mine is in my pocket all the time and most were either too bulky (the hard cases) or came off (the silicone ones). But since VZW gave me a new one more than halfway through my NE2 term, I figure it's worth protecting so I can get something back for it when I replace it. Most of the damage on my old one came from getting out of the car for some reason
    09-23-10 09:35 AM
    There are random days when I don't use a case, but then have close calls where I nearly drop it. Thankfully I never have!

I keep mine in a case so that when I turn around and sell it, it is in the newest looking conditions possible.

09-23-10 09:46 AM
    I guess the closest I could get to going naked on my S2 is having a pouch like the one which comes with it. Unfortunately, the RIM made one scratched my battery door pretty badly. Very disappointed with their product.
    09-23-10 10:07 AM
    Hold the phone... Quick off topic kinda. Did everyone else's Storm2 come with a leather pouch? Mine didn't, and that surprised me because every other BlackBerry I have purchased before came with one.

09-23-10 10:11 AM
    Hold the phone... Quick off topic kinda. Did everyone else's Storm2 come with a leather pouch? Mine didn't, and that surprised me because every other BlackBerry I have purchased before came with one.

Mine came with one. Having used it for a week and subsequently scratching my device.. I don't recommend it.
    09-23-10 10:32 AM
    I just got a case for my Storm 2 and though it fits very snug, the buttons on the sides are now harder to press because of the hard plastic protecting my phone.

I'm returning it. My BB likes being naked.
    09-23-10 01:12 PM
    i use the barely there case !!
    I had one of those for one weekend then returned it. It leaves waaayyy too much of the fone exposed for me. Might as well go naked.
    09-23-10 09:03 PM
    I have a silicone case its ok mostly so it doesn't slip out of my hand , Or slide off my car seat its black. my wife has a red one. But I do go naked when I go out easier to slide in and out of my pockets.

09-24-10 08:34 AM
    When I'm at work I use my OtterBox Defender...when I go out in a meeting or with the family I use the Blackberry Skin...but never naked.
    09-24-10 09:49 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD