08-22-09 12:08 AM
76 1234
tools
    i prefer a pocket case. got my skin and invisible shield and found this cool little body glove sleeve that has a carbiner. using that.
    08-02-09 12:08 AM
    Looks like Sena has a slim pouch for the Tour. I'm going to contact them to see if it has the magnet installed for the auto

standby

SENA CASES :: BLACKBERRY TOUR SERIES ULTRA SLIM POUCH

I dig that, no phone exposed. Because sometimes I just like to carry it in my pocket.
    08-02-09 01:49 AM
    i prefer a pocket case. got my skin and invisible shield and found this cool little body glove sleeve that has a carbiner. using that.
    I have seen that little BodyGlove case your talking about, if it only had a magnet in it to put the phone into standby.
    08-02-09 01:57 AM
    I wouldn't be willing to purchase one of those Sena cases, but I'd probably be able to handle leaving a comment in one of the contests from Crackberry. *hint*
    08-02-09 02:37 AM
    Has anyone got any idea how the 8830, or Bold pouch would work with the Tour?

I don't care much for the hip holster that came with the Tour either.
    Last edited by dmcgrady; 08-19-09 at 02:47 PM.
    08-19-09 02:40 AM
    is there a leather pocket pouch somewhere like for the iphone but for the tour and has the ability to put the phone on standby? or even without that?
    08-19-09 03:31 AM
    is there a leather pocket pouch somewhere like for the iphone but for the tour and has the ability to put the phone on standby? or even without that?
    check out beyza cases....they aren't cheap but they're durable, well made and look extremely sharp....they don't have the slimline leather cases for the tour yet, but i can tell you from personal experience that the curve slimline fits perfect and works like a charm
    08-19-09 09:50 AM
    Pocket pouch is deff my #1 choice wen carryin my Bold
    08-19-09 09:55 AM
    I bought a Beyza pouch. I bought the one for the Bold though because I have a epik case on mine. Fits perfectly and puts phone in sleep mode.
    08-19-09 10:44 AM
    I bought a Beyza pouch. I bought the one for the Bold though because I have a epik case on mine. Fits perfectly and puts phone in sleep mode.
    Does the LED light cut out still work when you put the tour into the bold case like that?

thanks in advance!
    08-19-09 12:06 PM
    Did you get the SlimLine for the Bold? I was debating on getting one of the other models' SlimLine and put my Tour in it, but didn't know which would be the best fit (and allows the LED to still show, and sleep mode to work.) The Curve 8900 seems to be a really similar size, but I want to confirm this before buying one.
    08-19-09 12:28 PM
    Does the LED light cut out still work when you put the tour into the bold case like that?

thanks in advance!
    Yes ill post up some pics in a couple hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 12:40 PM
    Yes ill post up some pics in a couple hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Awesome! I'm not sure whats taking Beyza so long to get the SlimLine out for the Tour, but I am rather impatient
    08-19-09 12:55 PM
    Here's the slimline for the Bold. Remember that I have an Epik skin on it so it fits perfectly. Going naked it's too big. The OEM skin works just as well with it.

as you can see the LED shows perfectly. This is the Slimline (push device out from bottom)

08-19-09 03:12 PM
    I decided to order a Bold pocket pouch among some other things from the CB store.

Dimensions of some of the latest phones for comaparison.

Bold:............8800:...........Tour:............ 8900:............Curve
    4.48 H..........4.49 H..........4.40 H...........4.29 H...........4.20 H
    2.60 W.........2.60 W.........2.60 W...........2.36 W..........2.40 W
    ...59 D............55 D.............60 D..............53 D.............60 D

After consulting these dimensions I felt that the OEM Bold pouch would likely be the best fit.

I'll report back when the Bold pouch comes in tomorrow.
    08-19-09 03:14 PM
    So when your Tour is naked, it moves too much inside the Bold SlimLine?
    08-19-09 03:20 PM
    So when your Tour is naked, it moves too much inside the Bold SlimLine?
    yes its not a snug fit and the LED is not visible. I was surprised it was so big seeing that the dimensions are ALMOST identical.
    08-19-09 03:22 PM
    yes its not a snug fit and the LED is not visible. I was surprised it was so big seeing that the dimensions are ALMOST identical.
    I've compared a Bold and my Tour in person and yea its a bigger difference than the dimensions seem on paper. I wonder if the Tour is too big to fit into the 8900 SlimLine ... or maybe even 'ThePouch' for the 8900.
    08-19-09 03:28 PM
    The Beyza pouches look much better but this one on PDair looks like a nice minimal pouch: here
    08-20-09 04:53 PM
    I use an OEM skin inside of the OEM pocket pouch. Couldn't be happier
    That is what I wanted to do but it is snug even without my OEM skin. How the heck did you make that work? Maybe my OEM pouch needs a little more break in?
    08-20-09 10:00 PM
    I used to not mind having a naked device, but now that RIM is all gay for the shiny top plastic piece on all their new devices, I need to keep it covered or else that black plastic gets scratched up to all HeII. Anyone else with me on that?
    08-20-09 10:07 PM
    Its also a shame the Vaja cases are so damn expensive. The pouch they have looks rather nice.
    08-20-09 10:48 PM
    for work I use the OEM pouch but normally outside of work it is in my hands or right next to me no need for anything to protect it.. I am here! LOL
    08-20-09 10:52 PM
    Its also a shame the Vaja cases are so damn expensive. The pouch they have looks rather nice.
    i should be getting my vaja case next week; i'll post pics of if when i do. i admit it was a impulse buy - but now i think i'd rather have a pocket pouch. i'm still rockin' the oem one for now til i find one i like.
    08-21-09 12:05 AM
    I prefer to carry phone in pocket naked. What about the electromag radiation warnings? The holster is too bulky and I like to wear shorts, usually without belt. Are any of the sleeves RIM approved for wearing against your body? Ya, I actually read the book and don't want to fry my McNuggets.
    08-21-09 01:51 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD