08-22-09 12:08 AM
76 1234
tools
    Wow, that sena case looks thin. I don't particularly care for the alligator skin look though.

EDIT: $30 for that!? AHhahhahah, they're on crack.
    07-27-09 03:46 AM
    Wow, that sena case looks thin. I don't particularly care for the alligator skin look though.

EDIT: $30 for that!? AHhahhahah, they're on crack.
    They're made of high quality though. I had one for my unlocked iPhone a long time ago and it was an excellent case.
    07-27-09 04:57 AM
    Yeah, the site has more pics that show it off a bit better.
    07-27-09 06:49 AM
    can anyone confirm trackball protection and auto-standby support for this case yet?
    07-27-09 09:47 AM
    really? no one cares?
    07-27-09 12:18 PM
    Looks like Sena has a slim pouch for the Tour. I'm going to contact them to see if it has the magnet installed for the auto

standby

SENA CASES :: BLACKBERRY TOUR SERIES ULTRA SLIM POUCH

I like this a lot more than the one that came with the Tour.
    07-27-09 12:25 PM
    I'd prefer a slim case case as opposed to the holster that came with my tour. I'm holding out for the beyza slimline.
    07-27-09 01:49 PM
    I got the Blackberry Synthetic Pocket Pouch from crackberry and like it ok. I wish I could charge my Tour while in the case though... I feel like the phone is a sitting target when hooked up to the charger.

Whenever Sena comes out with a MagnetFlipper for the Tour I'll probably get one. I love those pretty silicone cases but want the trackball and keyboard to be covered in my pocket or purse. I won't be buying from Sena though. I've seen better prices on their cases from other retailers.
    07-27-09 02:37 PM
    I'd prefer a slim case case as opposed to the holster that came with my tour. I'm holding out for the beyza slimline.
    I just got one a week ago for my 8900. It's sweet. The leather is soft and broken in, the phone slips in/out easily and it's lightly padded on both sides, not adding bulk, but protection with the lining. It's hard to explain or see in the pix but excellent. And I can see the red LED light. That's a key feature. Good case.
    07-27-09 02:41 PM
    I just got one a week ago for my 8900. It's sweet. The leather is soft and broken in, the phone slips in/out easily and it's lightly padded on both sides, not adding bulk, but protection with the lining. It's hard to explain or see in the pix but excellent. And I can see the red LED light. That's a key feature. Good case.

Can you PLEASE tell me the following:

1) is there trackball protection (like an indent in the case so the ball isn't being pressed down when in the case)

2) does it support the auto-standby feature.

I greatly appreciate this information!
    07-27-09 02:47 PM
    Can you PLEASE tell me the following:

1) is there trackball protection (like an indent in the case so the ball isn't being pressed down when in the case)

2) does it support the auto-standby feature.

I greatly appreciate this information!
    There's no indent for the trackball. I really don't think the case needs that at all because unlike my old 8100 the trackball is pretty much out of the way.
    The case does have the magnet which shuts off the screen when you insert the phone into the case. Works great. Like I said the slit for the LED is a key feature for the Beyza slim case.
    07-27-09 03:59 PM
    The case does have the magnet which shuts off the screen when you insert the phone into the case. Works great. Like I said the slit for the LED is a key feature for the Beyza slim case.
    Where did you get the Beyza case from? They don't show any on their website for the Tour.

Thanks
    07-28-09 02:17 PM
    Just got an email from Beyza.

Leather Cases by Beyza Cases | Apple iPhone Cases, Apple iPod Cases, Blackberry Cases, HTC Cases, Palm Treo Cases, Nokia Cases, Sony Ericsson Cases, HP iPaq Cases, Samsung Cases, Nintendo Cases

Dear

Summer comes with lots of offers from BeyzaCases. We really would like to take a chance to inform you with new BlackBerry OutDoor / Wave Series.

OutDoor Wave is now available for New BlackBerry Tour

Amazing feel of the Leather & Canvas combination, innovative modeling and Sleep Function Support are key features of OutDoor / Wave series.

We have mentioned OutDoor / Wave series a lot but please also take a look at other BeyzaCases BlackBerry Cases such as MultiFlip, SlimLine and ThePouch series.

Please click here to browse BlackBerry OutDoor / Wave Cases.

They have 7 different colors.

I'm not sure how I feel about the look of these. I'm going to wait for the slim line Beyza cases to come out.
    07-31-09 07:27 AM
    for what its worth....i had a beyza slim line (vintage brown) case for my 8330 and it fits my tour perfectly...the top of the tour sticks out a tad more than the curve, but i've found that it sits higher even on the cases designed specificially for the tour
    07-31-09 09:09 AM
    for what its worth....i had a beyza slim line (vintage brown) case for my 8330 and it fits my tour perfectly...the top of the tour sticks out a tad more than the curve, but i've found that it sits higher even on the cases designed specificially for the tour
    I use the same sleeve (8330 slimline) for my Tour also. It does stick out a little further at the top than I like, but its better than nothing. Plus the notch they have for the LED light lines up perfect with the Tour. If/when they get the slimline for the Tour, i'll be picking one up.

BTW...the vintage brown looks better with my Tour than it did with my titanium curve.
    07-31-09 09:48 AM
    I use the same sleeve (8330 slimline) for my Tour also. It does stick out a little further at the top than I like, but its better than nothing. Plus the notch they have for the LED light lines up perfect with the Tour. If/when they get the slimline for the Tour, i'll be picking one up.

BTW...the vintage brown looks better with my Tour than it did with my titanium curve.
    I am in the same boat. I will get the slimline when it is available. The top sticks out just a little too much for my liking.
    07-31-09 09:52 AM
    that's what she said
    ROFLCOPTER
    07-31-09 12:51 PM

AND it looks all weathered now which i like...i prob wont get a new one when they come out with it....i like the way this one looks now, dont want to have to break another in
    08-01-09 09:22 AM
    I prefer the holster pouch sleeper thing. I can put it in the front pocket of my purse and have easy access to my device!
    08-01-09 10:48 AM
    I've always carried my phone in my pocket until I got my Tour. I decided to give the holster a try with the Tour. One day this past week, the holster must have snagged on the seat belt when getting out of the car. It turned the holster up-side down, causing the phone to fall out on asphalt when getting out of my car. I about crapped my pants. It got a few small nicks on a corner, but otherwise OK.

So, I'm thinking about getting a pouch and going back to the pocket again after that episode. I would like to know if there is a pouch that will put it in standby mode, though. It makes a huge difference in battery life.
    08-01-09 11:32 AM
    ^ that's exactly why I don't use it
    08-01-09 02:08 PM
    I don't want a pouch or any kind of case that slows me down. I need to get to my phone quickly all the time and a lot of the time I want to do it with just one hand. Additionally, one of the coolest things about the Tour is the charging contacts and most cases restrict the ability to use them or I suspect, even to fit properly in the charging pod. As far as a magnet in the case, just use AutoStandby - it effectively does the same job.
    08-01-09 02:19 PM
    Guys who are using the holster, check the back of the battery cover, I found some sliding scratches on mine, I also like a pouch and put it in my pocket, don't care for the holster too much.

I like that Sena slim pouch but the $30 price is steep.
    08-01-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks Marc34 will look for it.
    08-01-09 05:47 PM
    I use the slim 8330 case with my tour. I just don't see a reason to get a new one yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 11:04 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD