03-01-10 04:24 PM
26 12
tools
    Who does not use a screen protector and if so do you have scratches on your glass? I know the droid has Gorilla glass, how does the Storm2's glass stack up?

Thanks
    02-27-10 11:23 AM
    I DO use a screen protector on my S2 because when I was selling my S1 I noticed a scratch accross the centre of the screen. I have GASP jeans that have zipped back pockets and I am pretty sure that is where the scratch came from.

Plus I find it allot easier to keep shiny and clean with one.
    02-27-10 11:34 AM
    Never used one on my S1 and still not on my S2. I have never gotten a scratch on either since I always used either the BB leather holster or the BB leather pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 11:39 AM
    There was a thread yesterday with lots of responses. It seemed about 50-50.
    02-27-10 11:48 AM
    I don't use one on my Storm 2 and I didn't on my Storm 1. Both of the phones have perfect screens, always with no case on, sitting in my pocket. I usually try my best to keep that pocket empty, but sometimes there is change, keys, lighter, and many other things in there.

The only thing I like about screen protectors is they keep the fingerprints less visible. But, I hate how they feel so I just clean my screen with my shirt more often.
    02-27-10 11:48 AM
    Didn't have one for my S2 or S1. No scratches. I had a belt holster, I didn't put it in my pocket ever
    02-27-10 11:54 AM
    I've never used one on my Storm or Storm2. No scratches here, and I use a holster.

Does anyone find that the Storm2's screen is harder to clean than the Storm's?
    02-27-10 12:33 PM
    I don't use one. I've tried a couple cheap ones and I hate them. I've thought about going to buy an expensive screen protector from best buy
    02-27-10 12:59 PM
    I used Phantom skinz for a month or so, but felt it made the screen less responsive and caused some bottom button issues, so I took it off and it stayed off for about three months, no scratches.

I got tired of the smudges though so I bought a cheap, matte finish ant-glare protector and couldn't be happier with it. It fits perfectly reduces fingerprints and I really like the texture. And so far has not affected the screen's responsiveness or the click. It really looks and feels as though my screen has a factory matte finish to it.

02-27-10 01:28 PM
    Nope I don't have one

02-27-10 01:36 PM
    i have had mine since release with no screen protector and i have 0 scratches. i carry it every day in my pocket with keys/change/lighters/etc. and nothing has even come close. no screen protector comes close to the feel of the cool OEM glass and, in my opinion, they make the precise selection of anything on the screen harder than it already is. when someone shows me a scratched S2 screen, i may consider putting on some protection, but i haven't seen one yet.

check this out:
    02-27-10 01:37 PM
    Ya, what they said. I've been protector-less since I bought the thing. I suppose I have a few micro scratches when the phone is angled properly. No big deal.
    02-27-10 03:58 PM
    I go bareback with my S2. I used protection with my S1 for a year before I sold it, but after reading so many posts saying that scratching was "not a problem" I decided to drop the idea when I got my S2. No scratches at all after four months. I do get tons of fingerprints though, so I've been debating getting something for that reason alone.

There are a bazillion threads here already on this subject. Did you do a search, first?
    02-27-10 04:02 PM
    $5 shipped silicone case and screen protector amazon.com eh I got em cuz I sometimes play mp3s off my phone and like to drift with it in the center console just wanted some protection :/

02-27-10 04:17 PM
    No case, no protector, no problems.
    02-27-10 04:25 PM
    Yeah Ive had mine on for about a month and I am thinking about removing it to make it more responsive.
    02-27-10 04:36 PM
    I'm having unprotected Storm2 touching with no consequences so far.

Good Luck
    02-27-10 06:52 PM
    3 Months with my Berry Storm2, No screen protection whatsoever and it is still flawless. I do carry it in my pocket, more often than not an empty pocket.
    02-27-10 07:01 PM
    The touch sensitivity hasn't changed at all with the screen protector

02-27-10 07:08 PM
    Never have never will. Had one on my 8130 and they're just too much of a pain to get them to stay on right. No scratches at all on my S2

02-27-10 07:29 PM
    I am one of those crazy anal people that put a full body ZAGG IS on my S2. Yes, it does help minimize with finger prints & smudges on the front screen and because I want to keep this baby perfecto! plus an Incipio Silycrilic case as well! I will not let my bb go neked!

02-27-10 08:41 PM
    Mine does seem to perform better with out the screen on it.

02-27-10 08:43 PM
    Mine does seem to perform better with out the screen on it.

hmmm....really Aaron? Since I've applied my ZAGG IS in Jan. I haven't noticed a difference in touch screen response at all. My screen still responds nicely

02-27-10 09:02 PM
    It could be my imagination but I sure would like to bevelive so. Anyhow I have two other this one had a spec of dust underneath it. Like people have been saying the screens made to handle some normal wear and tear. Just seems like I get a better response. Also have a ton of bbm chats like 25 open one group chat, I have a good amount of text and email on this device which shouldn't matter because of the memory. Seems like my keyboard has a slight lag and I just can't figure out what its from.

02-27-10 10:46 PM
    All screen protectors do is make your screen look like crap. If you drop your phone and crack your screen that's what you have insurance for. Say NO to screen "protectors".
    02-28-10 12:01 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD