Hi peeps,
    My BB has been acting weirdly lately. It's giving me white screens every now and then. Of course I searched in the Google about this problem but what I found were mostly white screens appearing randomly and the apparent solution was to remove the battery and put it back in *magical* half and hour.

Mine is a slightly different case. My screen only turns white if I grip it slightly tighter than normal and can be easily fixed by locking the keypad and unlocking again using the top left button. I got really annoyed by that behavior so I tried pinching on the sides of my BB to see if white screen appears. It freakin does! Whenever I press softly on the right side (just slightly above the 'hang up' button), the screen goes completely white.

Do you think this is a hardware problem? Does the warranty cover this defect?
    I have only dropped my BB once....on a carpet, and that was a month ago and my BB is only 3 months old.

Joe
    12-09-10 10:21 PM
    Yes hardware problem. Only fix is new device by means of warranty exchange, insurance, or upgrade. See it a dozen times and it only gets worse with time and use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 11:35 PM
    A warranty exchange, like beyondthebox said, is the only way to fix that apparent hardware problem. The LCD is going on it, possibly the hardware graphics chip too.

12-10-10 12:19 AM
    I think RootBrian is correct in saying that BeyondTheBox is right.
    12-11-10 06:35 AM
    I think ohmeye is on taget in saying RootBrian is correct in saying that BeyondTheBox is right

12-11-10 08:43 AM
    post-count-***********************
    12-11-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD