Where please can I buy a short USB cable for the Bold 9700? I already tried ordering from Amazon.com and received a funny looking USB connector that is not for our particular model. Rather than continuing to guess and order parts that may or may not work, I thought asking the experts in this forum would eliminate the guess-work. The 3-foot cable is a hassle when I am using my laptop at the conference room table and meeting with clients. I would like 1 foot or 1.5 feet, please. Thank you.
    05-14-10 10:01 AM
    I think 3ft is typical... but try Cables To Go
    05-14-10 10:11 AM
    Monoprice. Mine is either 1' or 1.5'.
    05-14-10 10:15 AM
    Simple solution -- The lengthy cable that comes with the unit can eventually be molded through use to wrap around the cradle like a snake and the unit can be placed near to the laptop, without the cable draped unsightly over the conference room table, or hanging over the edge of the table such that the it is easy to catch on something as people walk by. I think I tried this previously (on more than one occasion), but just got lucky this afternoon -- winding clockwise around the base of the leather cradle, starting the wrap where the USB connects to the computer and finishing at the unit (two full wraps around the base of the cradle is just the right size). This works with a cable that is 3 feet and 4 inches.
    Last edited by lawlist; 05-16-10 at 08:54 PM.
    05-16-10 08:24 PM
    JAF1: So that I don't keep buying the wrong cable, could I trouble you to please select the correct part number from Monoprice for the cable that works with the Bold 9700? Based upon my last incorrect purchase from Amazon, I learned that there is a mini-usb, a mini-mini-usb, a micro-usb, and I don't really understand which micro / mini the Bold 9700 is suppose to use. Thanks.
    05-16-10 08:31 PM
    Micro-USB is what you're looking for
    05-16-10 08:34 PM
    I just opened my briefcase and realized that the cable at home is 3 feet and 4 inches (which successfully wraps twice around the cradle), but the one I have been using for meetings at the office is 5 feet -- that 5-foot cable has got to go! I had never measured the two and thought they were the same.
    05-16-10 08:56 PM
    Get a retractor cable from BoxWave Accessories - iPhone, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More in the 9700 list it has 2 ends one for only charge and another for sync and charge. I use it you make it super short to any length with no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 11:41 PM
    I'm gonna help ya out. Go to the western digital website, click accessories and then on the left hand side is the 18 in cable...mini to micro. Its the same cable i have that came with my passport elite. I carry this cable with me. Your welcome now send me 10 bux for a 12pk.
    05-20-10 12:08 AM