I see everyone posting about covers, skins, screen protectors and all kinds of accessories for the Curve.

My question is what is the matter with the holster that came with the phone itself? I kind of like it. It has the magnetic strip that puts the curve to sleep and is a very nice leather pouch. It fits in my pocket just fine and is very easy to get in and out.

I was just curious why there isn't much praise for the OEM holster.

Thanks in advance...
    08-05-09 06:49 PM
    My guess is because most people want a belt clip. The thing that came with the phone is a pouch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 06:55 PM
    My biggest problem with it is I don't like having to take the
    phone out of the case to be able to use it. For most people it
    really comes down to personal preference.
    08-05-09 07:32 PM

I was just curious why there isn't much praise for the OEM holster.

Thanks in advance...
    I'm a fan of the magnetic strip and a belt clip, so the day I bought my Curve I went ahead and also bought the belt clip holster which has the magnetic strip. I have dropped my curve a couple of times, but it hasn't sustained any major damage.
    08-05-09 07:50 PM
    I personally use the case mate smart skin because I can get direct access to my BB while protecting it. I don't really have a use for the magnetic strip because I just use Standby mode and I find it a pain to have to take my BB in and out of the pouch..
    08-05-09 07:53 PM
    I like the stock case!
    08-05-09 09:05 PM
    Yeah, I've used the stock pouch since day one. I love it. I can't stand the look of a holster on my belt. Looks ******-tastic if you ask me...

08-05-09 09:25 PM
    I love the case too used it since day one can take a beating

08-05-09 09:42 PM
    I agree. I use the original case also. I really like how you can set up a separate profile while in the case. A bare berry on the table vibrating is annoying. So I set the profiles to vibe in pouch and pocket my berry. I don't like belt clips either. The only way I would use one is if work gave one to me with a corporate phone.

08-05-09 09:59 PM
    well i dont like the fact i have to take out my curve everytime during work when its in the holster. So during work, i have the OEM skin on it that way when im at work, i can take it out txt someone and put it back in quickly. When im out with friends, I use the holster as it looks professional and as if im a businessman
    08-05-09 11:07 PM
    My guess is because most people want a belt clip. The thing that came with the phone is a pouch

/agree I am a belt clip kinda man!
    08-05-09 11:17 PM
    I really like the pouch -now more so since I lost it a couple of days ago. I now have a couple scratches to add to my pain

08-06-09 12:50 AM
    I was a fan of the pouch at first but after I started to get dust under my screen due to putting my bb in my pocket I started using a holster for it. And with my silicon skin I got it would not fit in the pouch

08-06-09 04:49 AM
    I use the bodygove case with belt clip workswell. And protects the phone and screen.I work in a harsh enviroment and my phone is like new.I use standby mode as well.

08-06-09 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD