11-29-08 03:38 PM
31 12
tools
    Simple question. What are you using? What do you think looks and works the best, easiest?

Post links please!
    11-29-08 10:16 AM
    Yes a good one at that, the "holster" doesn't protect the camera very well.
    11-29-08 10:19 AM
    Well i wanted to get the leather slip case but it was recalled because it was making the red button fall off the Storm. The new version is coming out next week. So i got the leather holster and it seems like it leaves scuff marks on the buttons which can be wiped away with a microfiber cloth but i'll probably take it back too. I'm not sure what's left. I need something that's not too tight like this holster is. Any ideas?
    11-29-08 10:21 AM
    I've always used a silcone skin on my BB's. I never had a problem. Doesn't fall out of the pocket, and protects it all around.
    11-29-08 10:22 AM
    read this post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post1070083
    it may help you either decide or not decide to buy the case...
    11-29-08 10:22 AM
    Well i wanted to get the leather slip case but it was recalled because it was making the red button fall off the Storm. The new version is coming out next week.
    This is great news! I'm glad that they are coming out with a new version and soon. This is the case that I want as I only carry my phone in my pocket. Seriously, it's come down to finding a BB pouch that works as my only reason for keeping the phone. If they don't come out with one within my 30 days then I'll return the phone and wait until they do come out with one that works.

Do you know if the new version will have a different BlackBerry part number? Where is the best place to buy this?

I bought the BB pouch on ebay (still waiting for it!) but I'm sure it's the older version that is too tight. Also, I've heard that it didn't put the phone in sleep mode so hopefully they fix this issue as well.
    11-29-08 10:33 AM
    Silicone skin cases have always done a good job for me as far as drop protection goes.
    11-29-08 10:52 AM
    I've been using the leather case that came with my 8830. It fits perfectly (and no issues with any buttons falling off), protects great, and because of the magnet, the screen shuts off when it is closed in. I believe the case is still available at the crackberry store.
    11-29-08 11:04 AM
    I picked up a BB (yes branded) holster last night @ the local Verizon store. Not tight on the Storm, magnetic clip and puts Storm to sleep. The girl mentioned that the other ones were recalled so I assume it's the newer model.

RIMSTORMPCH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by EdwardK; 11-29-08 at 11:11 AM.
    11-29-08 11:04 AM
    I use Ghost Armor, my roommate has used it on her ipod for about a year and she loves it so I got one. here's a link ghost-armor.c o m sorry im new so I can't really post a link
    11-29-08 11:06 AM
    If you want real hard core protection wait for an otter box to come out. For a tad less protection and great functionality wait for the seidio innocase to come out.

11-29-08 11:08 AM
    are the otter boxes the ones that waterproof your phone?
    11-29-08 11:10 AM
    I hope they come out with the body glove for the storm ... Ive had it for my other phones and its AWESOME.. I dont know if they have it for the BBs though?
    11-29-08 11:25 AM
    Thanks EdwardK! I just called a Verizon store and they said they had them but the part number was RIMSTORMSLV. She said they received these when they got the Storm. So I'm not sure if they are the good version or not. I'll go check it out.

Also found it on the Verizon site and it's listed as Part #SAMKNACKCAS. Sorry, I'm not allowed to post links yet.
    11-29-08 11:29 AM
    Had an otterbox on my 8830. Wish they'd hurry up with one for the Storm!

11-29-08 11:36 AM
    Thanks EdwardK! I just called a Verizon store and thehttp://forums.crackberry.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=105215y said they had them but the part number was RIMSTORMSLV. She said they received these when they got the Storm. So I'm not sure if they are the good version or not. I'll go check it out.

Also found it on the Verizon site and it's listed as Part #SAMKNACKCAS. Sorry, I'm not allowed to post links yet.

Leather Sleeve with Sleep Mode
    11-29-08 11:45 AM
    they dont sell my case on line but i love it. waxed the outside of the phone and inner wall of case to prevent any case scratch. so far works perfect i think it was 9.99 but that may be with my discount i dont know
    11-29-08 12:16 PM
    I picked up the BB Sleeve at the Verizon store today (same one pictured two posts above) and it works perfectly! The fit is great and it puts the phone in sleep mode when it's in the case. Made of soft leather so it has a nice feel. Reg price is $19.99 at Verizon. The part number is RIMSTORMSLV. Now I can carry my phone in my pocket with no worries!
    Last edited by MondoRock; 11-29-08 at 01:11 PM.
    11-29-08 12:31 PM
    i always have worries with any phone in pocket. when i'm in a crowded place. all phones have gone in my hand. couple weeks ago got knocked over buy some dumb *** in the mall and cracked my 8830 screen. 1 time i leave it alone you know...
    11-29-08 01:23 PM
    I picked up the BB Sleeve at the Verizon store today (same one pictured two posts above) and it works perfectly! The fit is great and it puts the phone in sleep mode when it's in the case. Made of soft leather so it has a nice feel. Reg price is $19.99 at Verizon. The part number is RIMSTORMSLV. Now I can carry my phone in my pocket with no worries!
    Are you sure those aren't the ones that were recalled? That's what i wanted to get.
    11-29-08 01:28 PM
    I thought it was the plastic holsters were the ones on recall because the sleep magnet wasn't strong enough
    11-29-08 01:38 PM
    I got the leather pouch (which is really more of a holster because it has the belt clip) from the VZW store. It's the OEM leather pouch that puts the phone into standby.

It was a little tight at first, as I would expect. I just stretched it out first with my old i760(chubby sob of a phone ) Now it fits nice and loose, no worries of buttons flying off or anything. I love mine!

It's 24.99 retail. I got for $20 and some change with my corp disc.
    11-29-08 01:40 PM
    Are you sure those aren't the ones that were recalled? That's what i wanted to get.
    I am not sure which ones were recalled, or the part number so I don't really know. All I can say is the one I have fits great and the magnet appears to be working as it should, meaning the phone knows when it is inside the case. I can see the screen go blank when I put it in the case. I also tested putting the phone in the case when on a call and it hung up the call, which it is supposed to do based on my settings.

I would highly recommend this case if you like the BB pouch that came with the Curve/Pearl. Again, the part number I got at the Verizon store was RIMSTORMSLV. This does not have a belt clip and is designed to fit easily in your pocket, purse, etc.
    11-29-08 01:43 PM
    I picked up a BB (yes branded) holster last night @ the local Verizon store. Not tight on the Storm, magnetic clip and puts Storm to sleep. The girl mentioned that the other ones were recalled so I assume it's the newer model.

RIMSTORMPCH

If you buy the BB holster, make sure you put your storm in upside down (buttons on top). My red button bent away from the phone and partially broke when I attempted to take it out of the holster with the phone stored buttons down. I believe it was the newer model since I bought it two days after the launch.
    Last edited by aspen99; 11-29-08 at 02:08 PM.
    11-29-08 02:06 PM
    If you buy the BB holster, make sure you put your storm in upside down (buttons on top). My red button bent away from the phone and partially broke when I attempted to take it out of the holster with the phone stored buttons down. I believe it was the newer model since I bought it two days after the launch.
    If you do this then you won't be able to see the status light when the phone is in the case. You might consider going back to Verizon and exchanging for another one. Maybe I'm missing something but mine is working great and I don't feel like it's putting any pressure on the buttons. It slides easily in and out of the case. The fit is firm just like was with my Curve.

Maybe we're talking about two different cases? I'm referring to the pouch/sleeve that doesn't have a belt clip.
    11-29-08 02:16 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD