So i am looking into getting a Torch, but I want the best case for it. I currently have the 9700 and use the Commuter series. I love the case and so I am looking for the best for the 9800 out of those three. I do not mind the bulkiness, just want protection. Give me your opinions....
    01-07-11 09:01 PM
    The Otterbox isn't good on the 9800 like it is on the other devices.
    01-07-11 09:05 PM
    The outter box has great protection also for the screen. Its raised up enough so when u drop it screen first, the screen won't touch the ground. The only way to get damage on the screen is to scratch it and that's what the screen protector is for (mine included a screen protector so i'm assuming the rest do). The rest of the body is fully protected with a silicone skin (to cover the buttons and ports) and ontop of that a hard plastic shell to prevent damage to the phone if u drop it. All in all, its not a stylish case but it does what its intended and expected to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 09:10 PM
    To reiterate, a ton of people complained about the otterbox top shell failing to stay on the phone in a lot of cases (not even major drops), which kind of negates the protection.
    01-07-11 09:11 PM
    I just got my Seidio Innocase couple of days ago, And it was fantastic the first time i put in my phone it's perfectly fit. I don't like the otterbox because of the side plugs. My choices was Seidio or the AGF GRT. I suggest that you watch those case review on youtube.
    01-07-11 09:13 PM
    agf case ftw...

and even more threads saying how crap otter box case is;
    doesn't protect, cheaply made, damages phone, causes MORE wobble.... FAIL

but do a simple search - there's dozens of threads about the exact same.
    01-07-11 09:14 PM
    I'm currently using the otterbox commuter series for the torch and its good and protects the device, but when the slider is closed it pushes it up a little causing it to be kind of wiggly and the 3.5 mm headphone jack is kinda jacked up because while trying to connect headphones (depending on what kind you have) it will push it back out if they're thick at the end, but its a good case, I hear good things about the AGF GRT case so I'm looking into getting that case, hope this helps out on making a decision.

01-07-11 09:36 PM
    agf case ftw...

and even more threads saying how crap otter box case is;
    doesn't protect, cheaply made, damages phone, causes MORE wobble.... FAIL

but do a simple search - there's dozens of threads about the exact same.
    Yeah the more wobble is the biggest issue I have with mine. Annoying as ****

01-07-11 10:00 PM
    I would suggest staying away from the otter box myself also.. Even though it offers screen protection.. In my honest opinion for the screen I use the invisisheild out of all the screen protectors I've tried this one is the best.. Little pricey but at the same time comes with a life time warranty and its scratch resistant unlike other screen protectors..

As far as the case is concerned I didn't like the agf gtr it made my phone ability to open a little difficult
    I use the one from best buy I forget the name of it but find it adds to the wobble of the screen and the tabs that hold the top piece on are starting to scratch the chrome bezel.. But it fits securely

I'm looking into the seidio case myself.. Waiting to see what kind of long term reveiws I find about it also but I wish it would come in white because my torch is white and I hate hiding it with a black case haha

Good luck finding a case that suits you

01-07-11 10:04 PM
    Tried the Otterbox and didn't like the feel. Currently using the AGF GRT case and love how it slides on its own set of rails so in the end the case doesn't clip onto the phone it attaches to itself. Yes it is hard to slide open at first but after wo week of constant use, it became loose and slides alot more easily
    01-07-11 10:48 PM
    I had the Otter, and the rubber at the top was constantly locking my screen, which became very annoying. I bought an AGF Monday and am extremely pleased with the fit, feel and overall performance of it. I put my Otter up for sale here in the marketplace.
    01-07-11 11:41 PM
    Well I clicked on here to say I liked my Otter Box But after doing the reading I think I have some reserch to do as well I had the problem with it locking & unlocking my screen & found I had to pinch my finger a bit to make make sure I pulled the end out far enough to get the rubber to lay down nice around the screen lock.
    01-08-11 12:51 AM
    it's gotta be the case mate barely there man
    01-08-11 04:17 AM
    Seido innocase surface

01-08-11 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD