11-24-11 10:08 AM
114 ... 345
tools
    Good point. I had a case on my new Bold but it took away from its sleekness. I'm caseless now and I don't regret it.

Sent using Tapatalk
    That one day when you drop this device by accident and it screws up the chin or breaks it. You'll have to shell another 500 bucks to buy a new one.
    11-01-11 03:03 PM
    That one day when you drop this device by accident and it screws up the chin or breaks it. You'll have to shell another 500 bucks to buy a new one.

That could happen, but I try to be extra careful. I'm more aware of its safety when its not in a case

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-01-11 03:07 PM
    That could happen, but I try to be extra careful. I'm more aware of its safety when its not in a case
    +1
    I usually carry it in belt soft pouch and nothing else. I'm careful and like to see as it is.
    11-01-11 03:46 PM
    Apparently the Otterbox Defender has been causing a few problems. Care.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...60#post6817260
    11-01-11 04:15 PM
    If my 9000 had been naked for the last 2.5 years I would have been hating it about half way through. The screen is mint, and it has one ding where the "surface" case is cut out for the sleep button. I treat it the way I feel like treating it and I won't be one of those dupes who go walking around with the screen scratched up and the bezel scratched to pooop. You know, the guys who are always posting "how do I replace my screen?" Or better yet, "I broke the connector where the screen attaches to the PC board and tried to solder it and burt the living crap out of the PC board, and OMG Blackberry's are soooo junk."

Losers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 08:57 PM
    blackberry hard shell. beautiful case, and everybody thinks its the actual back of the phone, its so nice
    11-01-11 09:32 PM
    Yeah I didn't realize that until I got mine, but it has a carbon fiber look on the back to simulate the battery door.

11-01-11 10:39 PM
    Otterbox Defender
    11-15-11 02:25 AM
    Im liking a lot the black OEM hard shell case, it keeps the thinnes of the phone and it looks amazing...
    11-15-11 02:48 PM
    My Apologies to the People who just finished expressing satisfaction with the Blackberry Hard Shell. My review timing was based solely on my new found enthusiasm with the vibes case.

I've had the BlackBerry Hard Shell on my 9900 since the November 6th. The BlackBerry shell is very nice looking and adds a minimum of bulk to the slender phone. I do have some gripes though. The sides of the hard shell are made of a thin rubber compound that is not going to provide "shock protection" if you should drop your phone. The pretty hard shell only covers the bottom of the phone, so I guess the bottom is protected but I think the sides and top of the bezel are just as important, or even more so. The nice looking shell on the bottom also has accumilated lots of hair line scratches so I assume it won't stay pretty very long. My biggest gripe is the texture of the base is super hard and smooth making it near impossible to keep the phone from sliding when you set it down on a less than even surface. Leave it on the arm of the couch and get up to get a Diet Cherry Pepsi and you may end up sitting on it when you get back.

Solution: iSkin "vibes"

I liked the design of the vibes case and it appeared to have addressed all my issues in spades. This cover has a texture that makes typing and placement of the phone much better than the BB unit! The vibes case covers the camera panel so your not constantly wiping fingerprints off the back of the phone and that was kind of a pain with the BB case because their case had the entire camera panel recessed and trying to clean it would cause crud to build up around the edges. Hopefully with the vibes case the camera and flash will stay clean since they are recessed behind the case as apposed to the entire panel. It keeps your/my grubby mitts off the lens and flash. The vibes is raised above screen level to protect your LCD but it is tappered down beside the keyboard and then raises up again to protect the bottom of the bezel. It even has small cutouts for the front and rear microphones. Its a very smart design and doesn't add any more bulk than the BlackBerry unit accept for the raised top and bottom.

The vibes comes with a screen protector and a microfiber cloth. I think for less than 30 balloons shipped it really is a great way to go. Top side coverage like a Commuter, light weight like a BB rubber skin, great solution for keeping the camera clean. Comes with a screen protector. Feels great in the hand. Protects the bezel all the way around, unlike the BB cases, and looks nice.

One suggestion is when you first get the vibes case. It feels very tacky when you take it out of the box so I would recommend wiping it down with some "Screen Clean" before you plop your phone in that sucker. After cleaning it the case feels real nice. The perfect balance between plastic and rubber.

The Chairman gives the iSkin vibes his highest award. 5 out of 5 Jack Black's with Water on Ice.

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-19-11 at 10:56 AM.
    robkd likes this.
    11-18-11 02:38 PM
    For my 9650 I prefer the Otterbox Commuter with a Bold 9000 leather pouch, its a perfect fit and combination
    Last edited by spencerdl; 11-21-11 at 02:33 PM.
    11-20-11 10:28 AM
    blackberry hard shell. beautiful case, and everybody thinks its the actual back of the phone, its so nice
    Thats what I LOVE about this case. I usually carry my Berry naked with a holster, but for the 9900 this is an exception, because its the most beautiful hard shell case ever made for BB!
    11-20-11 12:59 PM
    ok i went an bought the OB Commuter... just 1 word: AMAZING!!!!!

it doesnt add too much bulk to the phone and protects the phone just the way i need it...
    11-21-11 03:54 PM
    I use the AGF Endo for my Torch, its hands down a winner compared to the Otterbox. My daughter has the Otterbox for her Torch and it looks like a cheap imitation. I had an Otterbox for my bold but this AGF is AWESOME!!! The slider pertoin of the phone is cradled within the case. The front of the case attaches to "rails" on the back. Its really cool.
    11-24-11 10:08 AM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD