11-24-11 10:08 AM
114 ... 2345
tools
    Noreve. Send best looking behind Piel Frama (Flipping cover over top rather than letting the open top hang down is cooler, but flipping over the top blocks the camera. Well made. Good drop protection. Light sprinkle proof, but not drop-in-toilet proof.
    10-30-11 11:43 AM
    just how much "extra" does the commuter add to the sleek, slim bold? i know its smaller than the defender...but does it now feel like an original 9000? or bigger?
    Still not as big as the original 9000 - I can put my silicone 9000 sleeve over the commuter and it's still a bit sloppy.
    10-30-11 03:55 PM
    Question about the Otterbox DEFENDER case for the 9930:

From the video on CB, it appears that Otter no longer has a clear KEYBOARD protector membrane???? Is that true? No membrane? Besides protecting my 9650/bold from inclement weather, it has also protected the keys from chipping or wearing off.
    10-30-11 04:02 PM
    I own the commuter and impact by otterbox. Gotta say I prefer the impact. Gonna pick up the barely-there Case Mate and try that out next week.
    10-30-11 04:10 PM
    otterbox defender.
    10-30-11 05:15 PM
    I prefer the Bold 9900 naked, it just looks so sexy and sleek but... for protection...

Hands down to the Otterbox Commuter. I've had it with my 9780 before, and never had 2nd thoughts on getting it again for my 9900. The Otterbox Commuter has all the protection you'll ever need for our berrys and its not that bulky compared to the Impact and Defender series.

Although, I'm looking on an iSkin Aura Premium Case for the 9900. -> iSkin aura: Best Premium Slim Case to Style and Protect the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930

10-30-11 05:21 PM
    The AT&T version of the 9900 is just too darn pretty to have a case on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 06:10 PM
    Can't decide between the BB Black OEM Hard Shell , White OEM Hard Shell, Otterbox Commuter, or the iSkin. Thinking the Otterbox is going to be a daily, Hard Shell for weekends (but which colour should I get?).
    10-31-11 12:23 AM
    Question about the Otterbox DEFENDER case for the 9930:

From the video on CB, it appears that Otter no longer has a clear KEYBOARD protector membrane???? Is that true? No membrane? Besides protecting my 9650/bold from inclement weather, it has also protected the keys from chipping or wearing off.
    No membrane.
    The case leaves the keyboard exposed which really wasn't a big deal to me. But...what did become a big deal was the plastic leaving a mark on the chin of the device.
    I suppose you could put a piece of screen protector on the chin to keep that from happening. But can't really do that over the keys.
    10-31-11 02:17 AM
    naked... best
    10-31-11 02:25 AM
    Dropped my phone on day 1 (yesterday) onto a hard floor and my Otterbox Commuter did the business. I quite like the feel of the case - coming from a Bold 9000 it makes the 9900 feel similar (slightly heavier) but now I don't need a leather holster which made the 9000 much bulkier.
    10-31-11 07:47 AM
    I prefer the Bold 9900 naked, it just looks so sexy and sleek but... for protection...

Hands down to the Otterbox Commuter. I've had it with my 9780 before, and never had 2nd thoughts on getting it again for my 9900. The Otterbox Commuter has all the protection you'll ever need for our berrys and its not that bulky compared to the Impact and Defender series.

Click to view quoted image

Although, I'm looking on an iSkin Aura Premium Case for the 9900. -> iSkin aura: Best Premium Slim Case to Style and Protect the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930

Click to view quoted image
    The iSkinz looks nice but you may regret the open top and bottom. I have the Surface on my old 9000 and it lacks coverage around the screen lock button, and guess what? The only dings on my 9000 after 3 years are just above the screen lock button. I would stick with your Otterbox. Even if it doesn't look as slick as the iSkinz.
    10-31-11 09:55 AM
    I'm using casemate tough
    Looks good :-)
    10-31-11 12:37 PM
    naked, of course
    10-31-11 12:40 PM
    I got the BB Soft Shell case in Indigo...I love it! When my 9930 is in my purse, I also keep it in a Vera Bradley Tech Case...I love VB, and the Tech Case is the perfect size for the phone.
    ramsfan93 likes this.
    10-31-11 03:13 PM
    BB Hard Shell FTW!
    AGREE! I have the same and love it
    10-31-11 03:18 PM
    i like most of my gadgets naked, simply because they were designed not to be encased/hidden. however i admit there are times when a case is needed, but so far the slip on pouch (OEM) has served me well, it's saved me battery on more occasions than i could remember, on my current 9900 and my previous phones (9700/9800).

for now i'm good with the slip case/pouch or whatever it's called, though any super saver deal on the commuter or impact and i may grab one just in case.
    10-31-11 04:21 PM
    The iSkinz looks nice but you may regret the open top and bottom. I have the Surface on my old 9000 and it lacks coverage around the screen lock button, and guess what? The only dings on my 9000 after 3 years are just above the screen lock button. I would stick with your Otterbox. Even if it doesn't look as slick as the iSkinz.
    Well yea, you're right. The Commuter I got now has more protection than the iSkin. I'ma stick to my Otterbox, but I just can't get over the iSkin's sleek design haha.

11-01-11 01:58 AM
    I prefer Hard case... or Soft Jacket.. Absolutely with The RED one..
    11-01-11 05:08 AM
    Fair warning: there are reports of the Otterbox Defender fitting loosely and rubbing scuffs into the 99xx finish, along the chin piece, usually. It's being looked at.
    11-01-11 07:37 AM
    The iSkin vibe looks nice.

11-01-11 08:43 AM
    I've never understood anyone using a case on just about any smart phone. You only have the phone 2 years anyway, as soon as you use it the phone is worth maybe a few hundred dollars. So you are completely ruining the form factor on your phone to keep your $200 phone scratch free? So when you sell it gets maybe $50-$100 more in value (at most!). Makes no sense to me -- that's one month phone bill. I'd rather have a slim nice phone as designed instead of a brick. I'm on my 10th smartphone -- never used a case.

Samsung i300
    Samsung i330 (unbelievably good phone)
    Treo 600
    Treo 650
    Treo 700 (Treos were amazing)
    Blackberry Curve 1
    Blackberry Curve 2
    Blackberry Storm 2 (junk)
    Bold 9930
    Last edited by dcnats; 11-01-11 at 01:32 PM.
    11-01-11 01:29 PM
    I've never understood anyone using a case on just about any smart phone. You only have the phone 2 years anyway, as soon as you use it the phone is worth maybe a few hundred dollars. So you are completely ruining the form factor on your phone to keep your $200 phone scratch free? So when you sell it gets maybe $50-$100 more in value (at most!). Makes no sense to me -- that's one month phone bill. I'd rather have a slim nice phone as designed instead of a brick. I'm on my 10th smartphone -- never used a case.

Good point. I had a case on my new Bold but it took away from its sleekness. I'm caseless now and I don't regret it.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-01-11 01:41 PM
    does anyone know of a good case for running and working out...something not too big and clunky like otterbox defender and preferably has a belt clip/holster or removable arm strap?
    11-01-11 02:11 PM
    Ok, my case choice depends on what I'm wearing...
    Normally it's in an OtterBox Commuter, which is far and away the best case for this device. Works great with a pair of painter jeans with the side pocket.
    If I'm wearing sweat pants or some sort of lounge pant, it's naked in the OEM Leather Sleeve
    If I'm dressing nicely wearing khaki's or a dress pant, it's naked on my belt in the OEM holster.
    11-01-11 02:36 PM
114 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD