Otterbox defender all the way

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-28-11 10:29 AM
    OEM leather holster or the Hardshell.

I have the Hardshell + Bold9000 Leather Holster combo. The one that kevin suggested.
    10-28-11 10:46 AM
    I've got the Otterbox Commuter & I love it for the most part. I don't like the fact that the keyboard is exposed. I commute to work by bike on trails & my phone gets bounced around a lot so I'm now using the BlackBerry leather pouch (I have the holster that came with the phone but I don't use the clip). The pouch also lets me use the charging dock which isn't possible with the Otterbox.
    10-28-11 11:58 AM
    Otterbox Commuter and OEM white hardshell

i think this may be the route i take. white hard shell for most days and commuter for when i need extra protection. i just cant bring myself to do the defender...too big.
    10-28-11 12:07 PM
    Otterbox Commuter in my old 9000 oem leather holster. The 9000 holster gives access to the USB charge port, which the 9900 oem holster doesn't.

And Invisible Shield on the touch screen. Have Invisible Shield front and back on the PlayBook too.
    10-28-11 07:20 PM
    please share detail again
    10-28-11 11:38 PM
    No case

No pouch

completely naked
    10-29-11 12:53 AM
    had em all, but cant drop in charge pod easily. I have pods everywhere.

I use now naked, and keep in OEM sleeve/pouch (without clip) Fits in pocket nice, and the magnet puts it to sleep. very happy.

RIM should market their pod and magnet sleep feature more.
    robkd likes this.
    10-29-11 09:07 AM
    soft shell is the best one for me, I prefer going naked at home though
    10-29-11 09:17 AM
    OtterBox Commuter Series...case withstands multiple drops and it has solid protection. It also comes with a screen protector which is a nice feature.
    10-29-11 11:23 AM
    CAPDASE - Soft Jacket
    Dropped it earlier on Penshoppe and they had ugly flooring, no damaged at all, just a little wiping and TADAAA! like nothing happened. lol.
    10-29-11 12:14 PM
    I have the bb hardshell and the otterbox defender. Had the commuter but it broke when I was taking it off of the phone. That hard plastic piece was a b!+h to get off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 12:29 PM
    I used the original blackberry rubber case, until i found this
    10-29-11 12:54 PM
    hey guys, let's make a vote
    10-29-11 01:09 PM
    I prefer **** naked, but I have the Commuter just in case I may need some added protection one day.

She's just to damn sexy to cover up!

True.... I prefer it naked overall, but I found myself typing more easily w/ the oem soft shell covering it, the case seems to add just the right thickness for my own hands anyway.. been using it for a week now, and about to go naked with the phone over this weekend again, and see which I prefer for the long haul.
    10-29-11 01:16 PM
    All 3 of my phones have the OtterBox Commuter case as well as my PB, it's a compromise between adding bulk and having good protection... Debating dawning my 9900 with the Defender Series just for it's belt clip.
    10-29-11 08:21 PM
    i'm using the case it came with, belt clip
    10-29-11 10:06 PM
    Ottobox commutor. Awsome. Really brings out the lines of the 9930 to me. I installed but screwed up . I torn off one of the rubber tabs that covers the usb port. Dang! So I just ordered another Ottobox commutor from Amazon. Oh well, at least I will have the plastic part as a spare. ahhaha
    10-30-11 07:09 AM
    I've recently learned of a friend whose Defender caused damage to his 9930. I was quite concerned and ordered a Commuter....I don't want anything to happen to my baby.
    Has anyone else found that the Defender case's bottom plastic lip which covers the chin of the device has rubbed and damaged the 9930? I would be mortified if something that I bought to protect my phone causes the kind of damage that his device suffered.
    10-30-11 07:24 AM
    My Defender rubber is bunching up sometimes when I try to holster it. It happens mostly on left side when the rubber stops at the clip in. Did your replacement case solve this problem?
    ...not sure if you were asking me this or someone else , but the replacement Defender that Otterbox sent has been absolutely fine - as I mentioned, just taking the time to feed / manipulate the rubber shell from the back of the case and making sure it kind of snaps into its running ridge part seems to hold it all together very well. I do have the Commuter too but just found it a little too slippery sometimes, tho' that too is a very nice case.

...oh and to Qbnkelt, no, I haven't experienced that problem w/ the case's bottom plastic part
    10-30-11 07:27 AM
    I've recently learned of a friend whose Defender caused damage to his 9930. I was quite concerned and ordered a Commuter....I don't want anything to happen to my baby.
    Has anyone else found that the Defender case's bottom plastic lip which covers the chin of the device has rubbed and damaged the 9930? I would be mortified if something that I bought to protect my phone causes the kind of damage that his device suffered.
    Yes this has happened to my wife's phone. The bottom bezel is damaged now because of the case. The top one gets damaged too but she left the film on the phone when she installed the case so the phone didn't get damaged.

10-30-11 07:35 AM
    Thank you. That's two people.
    *removes Defender from 9930 even before Commuter arrives*

Edit: WOW!!!! My 9930 has a faint little line along the chin from only four days' use!!!!! WOW!!!!! I do NOT recommend the Defender for this device. Badly done, Otterbox...need to redesign the Defender for the 9930!!!

Removed Defender. Back to the cheap little jelly case I got at the Verizon store. And I just found out that with the little jelly case it fits perfectly in my old Bold case. So the sides are protected, and the device is in a holster. I can do this. AND...added benefit....the device goes to sleep in the case, so....preserving battery life.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-30-11 at 08:27 AM.
    10-30-11 07:38 AM
    Ottobox commutor. Awsome. Really brings out the lines of the 9930 to me. I installed but screwed up . I torn off one of the rubber tabs that covers the usb port. Dang! So I just ordered another Ottobox commutor from Amazon. Oh well, at least I will have the plastic part as a spare. ahhaha
    Next time, just contact Otterbox customer support directly. They have awesome CS and usually replace broken cases for free.
    10-30-11 07:54 AM
    oem black hard ebay
    the white one is on its way. love it!
    10-30-11 09:08 AM
    It's odd that you mention replacing the case because you tore off the USB flap. I've had Commuters on seven different Blackberrys, and I now carefully remove that flap as soon as I remove the case from the package. It gets to the point that the flap won't remain closed and it catches on things in the pocket, tearing past the port cutout. Otterbox has replaced the cases (two of them now), but I finally realized I'm just as happy without that flap that doesn't remain closed.

I have the Active case from Seidio too. It's very similar to the Commuter, but doesn't have the ports covered. The Active also has a holster clip available. What's weird is that the Commuter fits Seido's Active holster better than the Seidio case. Go figure.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-30-11 at 10:05 AM.
    10-30-11 10:02 AM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD