07-10-09 02:47 PM
35 12
    Yeah, I use it on any electronics I get. My old phone, my iPod Classic, Zune, and my GPS. It really is a pain to install, but it's completely worth it, if you ever resell it holds the value better.

I have one for my Blackberry, but I haven't installed it yet as I'm waiting for my new housing from CNN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:03 PM
    I put BodyGuardz on my storm. I did quite a bit of research before I got it and it seemed to be the best option. I decided to get BodyGuards compared to Invisible Shield and Best Skins Ever because it comes with two full sets (for wife's phone if she wants it), lifetime warranty, and very clear with minimum people complaining about the orange peel effect.

The install was just like everyone else said...it takes a long time. I used a lot of the solution; it seemed to go on easier. I have a very small amount of orange peel effect; at least compared to some of the other pictures of IS that I have seen. It actually covered up some nicks and scratches that I had before the install. The skin is pretty unnoticeable. It took me days to realize that when I was putting the stuff on, I accidently put one piece on top of another one, so it is doubled up on one side and none on the other. As for lint, the only problem I have is the piece that I doubled up on. Other than that, I am very impressed with it.
    05-30-09 08:29 AM
    Zagg has been berry good to me...read the instructions and follow them. I only used the screen protector and it is virtually invisible, orange peel free and did its job when my Bold face planted into some rocks. do not forget to leave your phone off for the reccomended time after applying, maybe some of the problems are people not following this important step?
    05-31-09 03:24 PM
    I have it on the screen of my 8900, you have to be patient to install it. It's a good product, I scratched the screen on my Pearl that's why I got it on my 8900.
    05-31-09 07:54 PM
    storm here works great
    06-25-09 09:24 AM
    I like it but I have one complaint. I have the holster that the BB storm clicks into and it was very difficult to get in and out. I bought the full body coverage and every time I would holster it up it would get stuck around the edges. Soon the sides started to wrinkle up and lost it's stickyness so I just took the sides off. Works perfectly and still protects the storm, and it fits in the holster just right.

Also with one of the first posters up there I do like the fact that it adds grip to storm.
    06-25-09 09:41 AM
    I put one on my Curve a little over a month ago. Followed the instructions for installation, left it sit for 24 hours before use. I ended up taking it off a few days ago because it began to peel up on it's own and I couldn't stand the amount of lint it collects along the edges. Now the only part of my phone that still has it is the screen.

I love the grip that it adds to the device as well, but the IS did seem to be sticky most of the time.

It is great at protecting your device but if little things like lint on your phone annoy you, it may not be the best choice. I'm going to be trying a BSE next. It's suppose to be the same thing as Invisible Shield but for half the price.
    06-25-09 09:45 AM
    How easy is it to remove and reinstall the IS?
    It's "do-able". I put an IS cover on the screen of my Curve and within a few weeks of that it slipped out of my pocket and fell in the surf while I was digging for clams on the beach in British Columbia. I got a new Curve as the wet one promptly died but hated to waste an essentially new IS.

I liberally wet my fingers and the IS with lens cleaner solution (Windex would work as well) and then gently peeled the IS off of the screen being careful not to stretch out the IS material in the process. Once off, I sprayed the IS liberally on both sides with solution and gently "scrubbed" both surfaces with my finger tips to clean them, keeping track of the "sticky side down" surface. Shook off the excess solution and re-applied it to the screen of my new Curve. After a few days it looked perfect and I couldn't tell it wasn't a new out of the box IS.
    06-25-09 10:55 AM
    I'm still curious about what specific reasons can I get a free replacement. I'm not happy with my install. Is it worth trying again?

This comes straight from ZAGG's website:

The Lifetime Replacement Guarantee is simply what it says: If your invisibleSHIELD ever becomes scratched, torn, or damaged while protecting your device, we offer you a free invisibleSHIELD replacement for as long as you own your device. We want you to feel safe and secure when investing in your digital life, and that you are confident the invisibleSHIELD is the strongest and most durable protection you will find. Proof of purchase and return of original product are required.

Q: What does the warranty NOT cover?

A: Installation errors are not covered by the replacement guarantee. This includes bubbles under the invisibleSHIELD film, as well as incorrect alignment of the shield on your device. Please read the application instructions carefully, or watch our installation instruction videos, before installing your invisibleSHIELD.
    You can find all of the information about warranty exchanges on the ZAGG website.
    06-26-09 02:46 AM
    I have heard that the application of it can be kind of difficult? But I have also heard that it is extremely durable. Is this true?

What are your personal experiences with this accessory?

Too expensive! I have a Best Skins Ever and it was only 8.99 with shipping and it's virtually the same as IS! I LOVE it and it was so easy to install. (it also has better corner coverage)

You can always PM me for more information.
    07-10-09 02:47 PM
35 12