Hi's to everyone!

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Pearl 8130 tomorrow (I'm new to the BB way of life) and I have 2 questions.

First, I know the size media card I pick really has to do with what I plan on using it for, but what would you seasoned addicts suggest?

Second, I've always had a folding type phone that is usually in my purse or pocket, so I've never used a case. What type of case would you recommend or do I not need one? Not being a BB user, I don't know how well those displays hold up.

Many thanks to all who offer advice!
    05-19-08 11:05 AM
    I have a 4GB media card...its a lot of memory. But I think 8130 has OS 4.3 so it can support upto 8GB.

As for the case, get a BB case with sleep magnet...type "Blackberry holster" on amazon.com and look for the 8100/8120/8130 holster in the list. I use that and it works really well.
    05-19-08 11:27 AM
    ...and welcome to BB + CB!
    05-19-08 11:31 AM
    I just have a 1GB card in my Pearl. I keep my ringtones and pictures on it and it's not even halfway full yet so that seems to be working for me so far.

If you're going to carry your BlackBerry in your purse I would definately recommend some kind of screen protector, like a Best Screen Ever or Invisible Shield. I bought a set of those generic screen protectors and cut them to the size and shape I need. It was a bit of work but it works well. I also have a silicone skin on mine at all times.

I hope you enjoy your new addiction!
    05-19-08 11:33 AM
    I use a 4 gb card in my 8130.sometimes I use a case or a pocket sleve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 12:32 PM
    Amazon has 8GB microsd cards for under $50. I just ordered one today and will be semi-retiring my iPod once it arrives.
    05-19-08 01:08 PM
    WELCOME!!

I have a 4gb media card in my 8130. If you are a VZW VIP you can buy it for 41.99 with free two day shipping.

As for the case, i love the look of my pink pearl, and i throw it in my juicy bag all the time. I have a best skin ever. It's clear pieces that cover the screen and the back and bottom of the pearl. It's cheap enough so you can buy two. To this day people think my phone is brand new...it's shiny shiny and perfect I have a BSE on my Ipod Touch as well and my MacBook. Truly an amazing product.

Best Skins Ever Home Page
    05-19-08 01:14 PM
    I have a 8GB media card.
    05-19-08 02:01 PM
    I have a 8GB for my 8120. I also ordered an otterbox case, but it hasnt gotten here yet. some people complain about the extra bulk of a case like that, but i have a hard time holding onto the rather small pearl when talking, and am hoping the case helps with that. plus it looks indistructible
    05-19-08 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD