I had kept my original plastic protector on my Tour but it's time for it to come off. I bought the anti-glare protector from Boxwave but I'm having two issues. Whatever side (top, bottom, left or right) I put down last, there is a long air bubble along that side. I've taken it off and put it back on laying down a different side last every time and there's always that part that's not laying down all the way. Am I missing something?

Also, when I go to a white screen (i.e. message screen), it looks kind of grainy to me. I'm guessing that's for the anti-glare part. Does anyone else have these screen protector and experiencing the same thing?

I also bought Screenguardz protectors (regular, not the HD ones) but they don't cover the whole screen. They almost do, but not quite.

Is the Privacy Protector that Verizon sells any good?

Any help is appreciated...
    09-18-09 02:15 PM
    I got the privacy protector from VZW but haven't used it. I kept my original for a while but I cut the tab on the right side and it looked ugly. I got a 3 pack from Amazon for .89 plus shipping. It was 3 or 4 bucks total and they're perfect. They're meant for the 8900 but the Tour has the same size screen. Highly recommend the amazon ones. Cheap and great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 02:23 PM
    I used the PhantomSkins one for a while when I got my full cover. There was a little bit of a rainbow effect (but not as bad as others have gotten). It actually took 2 tries to get it down right without any air bubbles/dust.

Now, I am actually using the free screen protectors that came with my Epik case from eBay. I really like it. Much easier to install than the PS one! When the screen is blank and you look at it from an angle, there's a little bit of a rainbowy, waviness to it, but it's perfectly clear when the screen is on. It also covers the WHOLE area, not just the viewable screen.

I definitely recommend these, and for $5 you get a nice case (my favorite actually) and good screen protector.
    09-18-09 02:28 PM
    Right now I'm still using the original protector that came with it.
    09-18-09 02:31 PM
    I'm currently using the VZW privacy screen and it sure does its job. I hate having people looking at my private s#@t. I love it but if the grainyness bothered you this is not the screen protection for you as it does distort the sceen a bit.

09-18-09 02:36 PM
    Best Skins Ever :Blackberry Tour 9630

It's not a privacy screen protector. Just a clear one, but works great!

09-18-09 02:37 PM
    I use a privacy screen protector.. the quality and brightness is not the same but it's not a big deal either...
    I you don't want people peeping your conversations privacy screens are that the way to go...
    09-18-09 02:44 PM
    I use the privacy protector from vzw. It works extremely well, perfect fit, and also is thick so there is no worry about air bubbles. The con is that is does have a slight grainy look, but after a day you dont even notice it anymore.
    09-18-09 02:48 PM
    I'm currently using the VZW privacy screen and it sure does its job. I hate having people looking at my private s#@t. I love it but if the grainyness bothered you this is not the screen protection for you as it does distort the sceen a bit.

same here, but i love having the privacy!! It looks so sleek too...like if my wife is sitting next to me on the couch she can not see my screen at all! She says it looks like I am playing with a phone that isn't even turned on...which if you are in an airport or something and someone see's you looking into a black screen they may look at you funny!!...but hey at least they can't see what I am doing on my phone!!!
    09-18-09 02:52 PM
    Finally figured it out on how to put it on without leaving the last side "up". But it's still kind of grainy...I think I would rather have the Crystal Clear protector from Boxwave rather than this Anti-Glare one. Oh well. I'm not going to spend another $30 on them right now. I'll ride the Anti-Glare out for awhile.
    09-18-09 03:11 PM
    I've seen the Privacy Protectors but how do they keep other people from seeing your screen....is it the angle?
    09-18-09 03:14 PM
    I recommend BoxWave. I have the anti glare and it does not scratch at all. It does affect the clarity of the screen a little bit, but not bad at all. They offer a clear protector too.

I used the VzW privacy protector for about a month and that thing scratches easily. I ditched it after about a month...
    09-18-09 03:32 PM

Grainy is right. I ripped mine off after only 2 days of use. I missed my purty screen
    09-18-09 03:35 PM
    I use the privacy protector from VZW. It was around $10 I with my work discount. I love it but as previously posted, a white screen is a little rough on the eyes at first due to the way the protector "bends" light to make it less visible from the sides. I had it installed at the store when I bought it and no air bubbles at all. Highly recommended.
    09-18-09 03:42 PM
    SGP crystal

perfect all around
    09-18-09 03:47 PM
    I recommend BoxWave. I have the anti glare and it does not scratch at all. It does affect the clarity of the screen a little bit, but not bad at all. They offer a clear protector too.

I used the VzW privacy protector for about a month and that thing scratches easily. I ditched it after about a month...
    Ditto. I've used boxwaves on my BB's all along. The antiglare reduces the clarity a tad, but it's tough. Never have had to change one out.
    09-18-09 04:35 PM
    I just put on a Zagg Invisible Shield and love it. Very tough and very clear. The same material was used by our Military in Iraq on Helicopter blades to keep the sand from wearing them down.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    09-18-09 04:42 PM
    I've had nothing for three weeks and no scratches so far. I do plan on getting the invisible shield from zagg whenever I can find time to buy it. I've used their products in the past and have always been impressed. Should be the only screen protector you'll ever have to buy.
    09-18-09 05:31 PM
    body guardz... ive used on on my old bb my current bb and my psp slim... they havent let me down yet...
    09-18-09 06:03 PM
    phantomskinz all the way
    09-18-09 06:41 PM
    I am rocking the VZW privacy protector also. I got used the the little grainy shortly, def worth it so other people can't see what you are doing. Nosey girls etc... lol
    09-18-09 07:24 PM
    Get the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard and you won't be disappointed.

I installed this screen guard and HONESTLY you cannot see it! It went on bubble free and was easy as could be.

It's the best... and any other brand can only tie.
    09-18-09 08:24 PM
    i use the screenguardz love it almost perfect fit a little pricey but well worth the cost
    09-18-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD