Powermat introduced this at CES last year, and haven't heard a peep about it since. Is it vaporware? Anyone at CES this year see/hear anything about it?
    01-08-11 10:25 AM
    I sent an email into crackberry about it awhile back and they said they haven't heard anything since either. I was really hoping for that to come out
    01-08-11 10:09 PM
    Hi, asked them the same question on their Facebook page and was referred to their "info" tab where the following is hidden:

"TO OUR FANS (PowerPak Solution)
    We realize that many of you were awaiting the release of (what we were calling at the time) Powerpaks that we unveiled at CES last year. Much like any company that shows products at conventions, those products are often modified before final release.
    The receivers that have just been released are the updates to the Powerpaks. In some instances such as with Nokia, they include a battery and battery door combo, and in other instances they are simply a slim battery door. We have brought to market what we feel are the best solutions for the hottest products available."

Seems the idea was ditched in favour of the bespoke solutions.

HTH
    02-16-11 11:46 AM
    I sent them an email a little bit ago. Here's what I asked:

To Powermat:

What ever happened to just batteries, and not the need for doors? You raved about them at CES 2010, but nothing ever came of it? I just don't understand... Here's your press release... http://media.powermat.com/docs/Power...ES-release.pdf
    and here's what they sent me back:

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your email.

We are currently still planning to release the PowerPaks, but at this time, they are not available. Whether that is due to needing additional testing, I'm not sure, but please keep checking back at Wireless charging mats and receivers for your iPhone, iPod, BlackBerry and other devices | Powermat and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates.

Thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,
    Samantha S.
    I like the idea of the Powermat, but these doors they have are just plain stupid. I'm very disappointed they put out an official press release, and after a year they still haven't delivered. RIM isn't even that bad...

I also, don't understand how they can say, "We have brought to market what we feel are the best solutions for the hottest products available" that Rob quoted above. When Powermat was released they only made it available to phones that were pretty old at the time (iPhone 3G, 8900, and 9000). They are now just getting ready to release the ugly door for the 9800 now too, almost a year after it became available PowerMat Receiver Door For BlackBerry Torch 9800 Hands-On & Release Date! | TheCellularGuru

I just think Powermat is lost in their own business. It wasn't as well liked, and wanted, as they originally planned, so they are now trying to play catch-up. They also now have some competition too.

Until they can do away with the dumb battery doors, this will just be another "cool" gadget, and not something we really want, or need.
    02-16-11 12:54 PM
    Ah crap, they've gone for the wrap around to the USB.

The original Powerpak idea would have avoided this. Looks like my Powermat is heading for e-bay.
    02-16-11 03:53 PM
    I know this is reviving an old thread but I am still hoping they drop these powerpak's soon. Would love to throw one in my bold and ESP in my bolt Foch this summer. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 11:47 PM
    Anyone heard any news on this?
    08-22-11 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD