does that refer to when the phone is plugged in? my phone didnt come with a holster or clip or anything...
    05-29-09 10:09 AM
    I would say that it means just what is say phone in a holster, mine didn't come with one either.
    05-29-09 10:12 AM
    Mine came with a leathery holster...im guessing you can buy them at any accessory store
    05-29-09 10:14 AM
    at one point, if you bought a 9500 it would come with a leather holster and if you bought the 9530, it would include the 8gb memory card. I'm not sure if that is still the situation.

the holster, is a pouch/case that has a magnet on the inside. When the phone is placed inside, the magnet activates sleep mode on the phone. You can change your settings, so that when the phone is placed in that pouch/case, things like ring/vibrate and other options automatically adjust.
    05-29-09 10:18 AM
    thx edward, thats what i figured and was looking to get confirmed...
    05-29-09 11:11 AM
    Blackberries know when they are in or out of a holster, due to a magnet in RIM and "made for blackberry" holsters.
    This allows you to setup 'in holster' and 'out of holster' profiles. For instance you can have your BB ring out of holster and vibrate And ring loud or not at all in holster.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD