I need a case or screen protector for my tour that is made of hard plastic that is meant to withstand falls, not just a film or membrane designed to protect against smudges/scratches. Thanks!

PS - I am talking about a hard screen cover, like you see with the iPod classic cases. I don't need the film thing, I need something that if my phone falls face down, it will just hit the plastic screen cover/guard.
    Last edited by davegrun; 07-16-09 at 09:55 AM.
    07-14-09 11:18 AM
    an otterbox version for the tour is to be coming out relatively soon. Good reviews on their stuff on other phones
    07-15-09 02:58 AM
    an otterbox version for the tour is to be coming out relatively soon. Good reviews on their stuff on other phones
    Does the Otterbox even have a hard plastic screen protector? From their website it seems to just be a film to protect against smudging, not really a plastic guard?
    07-15-09 08:31 AM
    bump to the top
    07-16-09 09:55 AM
    ^^What he said^^ (It does have a hard plastic)
    Visit We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    BlackBerry Tour 9600 Defender Case // OtterBox.com
    Last edited by impalass96; 07-16-09 at 11:34 AM.
    07-16-09 11:31 AM
    "Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear membrane. Protects keypad against scratching, as well as dust intrusion (layer optional depending on the level of ruggedization desired)"

I need something that if I drop the screen face down, some hard material will absorb the impact. That still sounds like a film type thing, especially if it goes over the keys. I need a hard solid plastic screen guard, not just a film that protects against scracthes.
    07-16-09 11:52 AM
    I need something that if I drop the screen face down, some hard material will absorb the impact. That still sounds like a film type thing, especially if it goes over the keys. I need a hard solid plastic screen guard, not just a film that protects against scracthes.
    davegrun, did you ever find an answer?
    I'm looking for one myself, my screen just broke when mine dropped from my lap onto the plastic mat under my chair.
    These screens are too easy to break.
    08-28-09 04:21 PM
    08-28-09 05:21 PM
    I went to radio shack and got a body glove for my 8330. It just snaps on with a hard clear plastic that protects the screen. Not cheep, around 30 bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 09:04 AM
    Looks like Body Glove's snap on case does have the hard screen protector.. they don't make one for the Tour 9630.
    09-01-09 10:24 AM
    I just ordered my innocase 360 and holster. It was $5 off and free shipping. I like seidio items. Never had an issue with anything I bought from them ever.

The innocase 360 looks like it has a hard screen protector and a keyboard membrane, its also thin.
    09-02-09 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD