I am in need of a case for my Bold. I like silicone cases, but hate how they don't form around the front very well. I like hard cases, but hate how they don't protect the berry from rubbing against the case itself. I HATE holsters. I want to try and keep it below $30. Any suggestions?
    09-01-09 08:32 PM
    09-01-09 09:56 PM
    Yeah I saw those. Wouldn't really go for the purple, but I liked the black one. How is it? Does it fit well? It looks to be almost like a hard jelly material. Review??
    09-01-09 10:07 PM
    Don't know, just ordered the grey one tonight. From the description it's not hard plastic and not soft like silicone. I'm thinking it's like a thick vinyl. It's only 5 bucks so not a big loss if it isn't suitable.

Congo
    09-01-09 10:11 PM
    Well leave a review when you get it. Let me know how you like it. Anyone else tried these or other cases that they really like?
    09-01-09 10:40 PM
    I wish I had known they finally came out with a different back design on the Bold eBay case. I bought the iSkin case from Amazon for only $17. Still cost more than the eBay case but at least it wasn't $30.

The iSkin and eBay cases are basically the same case. I bought the iSkin one because I didn't like the back design on the Bold cases. The "brick" or "rock" design just didn't appeal to me. The iSkin case has a leather like design on it. I like the iSkin case so far. It's hard to push the side buttons and the headphone and USB slots come with covers, but I cut them off for easier access, besides they really got in the way. I may order this new circle eBay case soon, since it's cheaper.

BTW: Does the eBay case have cutouts for for all side buttons? I do like that the iSkin case covers the entire camera.
    09-02-09 09:29 AM
    I found this one as well. I would rather get this one. It has a simple design on the back instead of the circles. I'm just not that crazy about the circles. I think I'll order this one instead:

GRAY Crystal Soft Case Cover 4 Blackberry Bold 9000+LCD on eBay.ca (item 110428392769 end time 02-Sep-09 15:44:10 EDT)
    09-02-09 09:49 AM
    I am just curious as to how good these cases are though. I have ordered stuff off Ebay that looks good, but is actually a terrible product before. Anyone else have case suggestions?
    09-02-09 10:45 AM
    I am just curious as to how good these cases are though. I have ordered stuff off Ebay that looks good, but is actually a terrible product before. Anyone else have case suggestions?
    There's a few members on here that have them for other BB models. I think for the 8900 and they like them pretty good I think.

I also thought about looking into this case:

Case-Mate BlackBerry Bold 9000 Barely There Cases (Case-Mate BB9000BT), BlackBerry Bold Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather - Model 9000

Not sure yet though.
    09-02-09 10:56 AM
    Leather OEM Topcase and Case-Mate Fuel Holster. Let your Bold go commando.
    09-02-09 01:28 PM
    Case mate fuel holster is above my price range and is a holster. Two things I didn't want. I was thinking about going for a BSE and just the standard OEM pouch, but wanted to see what else was out there.
    09-02-09 02:10 PM
    I have the case with the circles in blue, and I just got the green one with the diamond shapes in the back. I think they're great! They add just the right amount of grip to make the phone less slippery but not super grippy like the silicone ones - they slide in and out of pockets easily, while covering the bezel - but there are openings for everything you need access to. Doesn't cover the speaker holes, or collect dust like a magnet. Most sellers I saw were in Hong Kong, but there is one that is located in MD (where I got the green one)
    09-02-09 04:00 PM
    I use the BlackBerry skin. I think it is the best protection. I have used it on my BBs for two years now and never had so much as a scratch or ding. Plus they feel good to grip ond is still slim enough to put in your pocket. They only cost $9.99. I would go for that. The black skin really looks good on the Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 04:04 PM
    I use the BlackBerry skin. I think it is the best protection. I have used it on my BBs for two years now and never had so much as a scratch or ding. Plus they feel good to grip ond is still slim enough to put in your pocket. They only cost $9.99. I would go for that. The black skin really looks good on the Bold.

My brother had an OEM on his Storm and now onw on his Tour. I don't like them at all. You can't get them in your pocket easy and they collect dust like a magnet. The soft gel ones we're talking about cover the phone just like the OEM skin. They're more of a smooth rubber, kinda like a mix between plastic and rubber.

09-03-09 06:07 AM
    i use a zCover for my iAudio and i love it. been meaning to order one for my bold - guess i'll do it this weekend.

zcover DOT com/zCover_Product_BlackBerry_Bold_9000.htm
    09-03-09 10:39 AM
    I am leaning towards a soft-gel one. I like for my keys to be exposed, so the Zcover is out. I am going for a BSE with the soft-gel case. This way I have all my bases covered.
    09-03-09 11:11 AM
    Well, got the case in the mail today. It fits the Bold very well and has cut outs for the earpiece, usb, mmc slot, and charging cradle points. All buttons are sealed by the case ut fully functional. I like this becuase I often hit the buttons when in my pocket and turn on the voice prompts.

The material is difficult to describe other than a thick pliable vinyl. It covers the entire back except the camera and the silver portion of the bezel on the front. One thing, it doesn't offer a lot of sticky grip but is adequate.

In the end I'm extremely pleased with it and well worth the 5 bucks it cost.
    09-09-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD